• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Robot Cheetah Runs 28 mph. Video

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
Cheetah Robot is a fast-running quadruped developed by Boston Dynamics with funding from DARPA. It just blazed past its previous speed record, getting up to 28.3 mph, about 0.5 mph faster than Usain Bolt's fastest 20 meter split. This version of the Cheetah Robot runs on a treadmill with offboard power. Testing on an untethered outdoor version starts early next year. For more information about Cheetah or the other robots we develop, visit www.BostonDynamics.com.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/chPanW0QWhA&"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/chPanW0QWhA&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Military Robot Cheetah Runs 28 mph. Video

I don't feel like any good is going to come of that... Oh I see the good intention, I see all the good that COULD come of it. But I got a bad feeling about that one.

I don't think I've ever seen anything I wanted to shoot more. I never really thought anything would top monkeys on that list but that creepy fucker did it.

How long before it's self-aware?
terminator.jpg

Even the smartest dogs (border collies) are said to not be self aware because they don't recognize themselves in a mirror. Sure, over time, alot of things can happen, but I think there are enough people frightened of self-aware machines and the resultant technology that I won't worry about it for quite a while.

Not gonna lie, that's a lil freaky. lol

Even if they don't become self aware, they still don't have a conscience. They won't question any order.