• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Military/Veteran Discount - Vortex Optics

caseyq

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Louisiana
What's the typical military/veteran discount from Vortex Optics? 10% or 15%? And is it based off the MSRP?

Thanks,

Casey

I would call around to the hide vendors and after they verify you, you will see the discount.

I signed up for the military/veteran discounts at NF and Vortex and I remember at the time there was language from both stating not to divulge how much the discount is, especially in an open forum. Buying through Vortex and NF though the discount is off of MSRP, not retail. The lead times can also be longer. If you call around to some of the Hide vendors and talk to them you'll probably get a pretty sweet deal, as good or better than the manufacturer discounts and beat the lead times by a country mile.

You guys are talking about the Vortex discount provided via "ExpertVoice" ... right? I don't think there's any attempt at secrecy there ... it's broadly advertised for Vortex as a 40% discount. I've bought there several times (recently got an AMG UH1) and always a great price, delivered in a reasonable timeframe. Similar discounts there for Adams Arms, SwampFox Optics, and others.

You guys are talking about the Vortex discount provided via "ExpertVoice" ... right? I don't think there's any attempt at secrecy there ... it's broadly advertised for Vortex as a 40% discount. I've bought there several times (recently got an AMG UH1) and always a great price, delivered in a reasonable timeframe. Similar discounts there for Adams Arms, SwampFox Optics, and others.

Yeah, it's common knowledge. If you do it directly through Vortex, they're MIL/LE form or part of the disclosure is not to share pricing of the program. That's for most of them. But I'm sure you could Google: Vortex MIL/LE Discount Program, .pdf and come across the actual order form. Don't bother with Aimpoint. Better prices on OP. Haha.

Reactions: supermo26
I just joined ExpertVoice, took the little "Certification Course" for Vortex, and got the advertised discount. Easy-Peazy Lemon-Squeezy.
I'm a Veteran, so after reading this thread, I went to the Vortex site looking for the military discount. Imagine my surprise when it sent me to my login page for ExpertVoice. I guess the Mil/LE discount lets you skip the 15 minute course ... so there's that. :rolleyes:

BTW .... the REALLY good Mil/LE discount is with Leupold. Just found that recently. But it's no BS ... you have to send them a scan of your DD214 to qualify.

Reactions: EN2722
BTW .... the REALLY good Mil/LE discount is with Leupold. Just found that recently. But it's no BS ... you have to send them a scan of your DD214 to qualify.
Does Leupold give the discount to retired? I thought it was only active duty?

Leupold is same discount for Active Duty, Veteran, and/or Law Enforcement. I got out after 16 years in 1992 ... prior to retirement (quadrupled my pay overnight) ... and my DD214 with an honorable discharge was sufficient.

Leupold is same discount for Active Duty, Veteran, and/or Law Enforcement. I got out after 16 years in 1992 ... prior to retirement (quadrupled my pay overnight) ... and my DD214 with an honorable discharge was sufficient.
Great news thanks. I bought one a few years ago before I retired.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball

Just contact them here?

when i bought my scope from libertyoptics his price was at least 100 bucks cheaper than buying from vortex or through expertvoice

It depends on the item. Some of it is close. Some sales are less than direct. But it's easy to math. Also factor in wait times. So pros and cons on both.

Vortex's discount is not very good unless you work in industry then it bumps up to 55%.
You also have to pay tax which kills the deal.

Shop SH vendors and you can get a better price delivered than vortex, with a shorter wait as well.

Leupold discount looks good, till you realize any semi decent reticle and illumination will raise the price $3-800. And you get to pay tax.

Bushnell/RCBS new program is tits. Very good pricing.

Sightron offers a mil / vet discount. I’ve ordered 5 scopes from them using the program over the last few years. Very nice discount it is and no tax ( as of last order 2 months ago). You just submit to them directly and they will send you the price list.

I remember signing up for a military discount with Vortx and having them completely ignore my ass.

I have no idea if they didn’t like the fact that I took my Social Security number off the DD 214 I gave em, or whatever...

But while people have lots of great experiences with them I will not do business with them as a result

Besides Expertvoice, Guidefitter is a similar program but no stupid tests to qualify, and has a few different brands. Open to same groups I think. More hunting oriented, less brands but some great pricing.

You guys are talking about the Vortex discount provided via "ExpertVoice" ... right? I don't think there's any attempt at secrecy there ... it's broadly advertised for Vortex. I've bought there several times (recently got an AMG UH1) and always a great price, delivered in a reasonable timeframe. Similar discounts there for Adams Arms, SwampFox Optics, and others.

expert voice states the same as the venderS. You can not discuss discounts in open form. Also You have to meet certain criteria to be a member of expert voice and you do not get access to all of their vender.

expert voice states the same as the venderS. You can not discuss discounts in open form. Also You have to meet certain criteria to be a member of expert voice and you do not get access to all of their vender.
Yea i'm sure they are going to call the NSA to trace who the offender is. I bet you don't Jwalk or remove the tag from your mattresses either.

Is this a joke?

He could just tell them he's a GSGT on SH.

I remember signing up for a military discount with Vortx and having them completely ignore my ass.

I have no idea if they didn’t like the fact that I took my Social Security number off the DD 214 I gave em, or whatever...

But while people have lots of great experiences with them I will not do business with them as a result

Ever get a hold of someone? Usually I'd use the same guy and just email him directly. Sometimes people leave the company and you might get lost in the shuffle. That's happened before.

Evening. I have a couple Vortex scopes and never received a discount. Oh well, I guess that just one of those things ......;(

Msgt William Toprock, USAF (Ret)

WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN SIGNING UP FOR EXPERTVOICE!
It's fast, easy, and it'll have you shopping for the Vortex gear you crave in no time. Just follow these steps:

• Click here, enter your email address, click APPLY and follow the prompts.
  • No code is necessary.
  • Create your profile. Be sure and fill in every blank field with all the contact information. This will be needed for shipping.
  • Request to join a team (air force, army, law enforcement, etc.).
  • Wait 24-72 hours to be approved for your team. You'll receive an email confirming your enrollment.
  • Make sure you click the link in the verification email so that you can start shopping.
  • If you have any questions email us at [email protected], or give ExpertVoice customer service a call at 866-376-4685 ext. 1.

• Haha
Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Yea i'm sure they are going to call the NSA to trace who the offender is. I bet you don't Jwalk or remove the tag from your mattresses either.

It’s about morals and keeping to your word!

Does having served on the National Gaurd give you the same millitary discounts?

I am a cheap ass, but like Gucci shit. I won't buy it unless I can get it for Poors Pricing.

Leupolds discount is awesome. But!!!!! they often are out of stock so you need to watch it like a hawk.

Expert Voice's Vortex page is also awesome. But same rule on getting the good Jap made stuff, it is usually out of stock. The Chink stuff is always in stock.

There are other optics companies on there and on Guidefitter. Steiner, Leica, Maven, and a quite a few others. Most discounts for Gucci stuff are pretty low.

Any other veteran discount group company sucks, change my mind!