• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes millet 4-16x50 trs?

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I have been looking at these two scopes. They offer two diffrent models. Could you all please help me understand the diffrence in the two? One has a Mil-Dot Bar, the other has .1 Mil Click value. I dont understand the .1 milclick value. Which of the two would you pick. Some info on why would help. Thanks guys, and have happy holidays, plus be safe. KEJONES1

Re: millet 4-16x50 trs?

I have one on a AR. Glass is a 5/10, it seems to track very true and has been dropped. Seems quite robust for the value.

I really like the locking turets

Ill is ok too

best optical clairity is up to 12X much after it starts to get foggy and dark

For the money its better then a tasco, bsa, just to name a few

I had the model with the mildot reticle and 1/4 moa knobs and would probably still have it if it had the .10 mil knobs. That model was not available when I bought mine though. The reticle it mildot so it does not make much since to me to have anything but mil adjustments. Plus mils is easier to calculate since everything is in 10th increments. This is just my opinion though.

JW

.1 Mil increments makes it easier to zero the scope since there's no guessing involved, if your shot is .4 mil down and .3 mil to the left, you don't have to translate that into MOA when adjusting, its as simple as 7 clicks.

This, of course, means that you're zeroing in at 10x zoom (or 11x I don't remember if that was fixed or not).

So, here's my summary:

If you like to dial the turrets to adjust for windage/elevation, then having turret adjustments that correspond directly to what you're seeing in the scope (mil-dot and 0.1 mil click stops) is really nice. If you never adjust the turrets, and just hold over/off using the reticle, it's more or less irrelevant. Zeroing will be easier, but since that's probably not the thing you'll be doing most of the time, I wouldn't count on that much.

I have the older model 4-16x50TRS without the mil turrets, and haven't ever cared since, on that gun, I don't turn the turrets. I should put mine up for sale in the other forum and get what I'd like to try next: 10X super sniper. Perhaps that's worth a looksee for you, too.