• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millet LRS-1 scopes

NCHillbilly

Libertata Aut Morte
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2012
    The occupied states of America
    Does anybody have any real world experience with the Millet LRS-1 scope.I know it's not a nightforce,S&B,etc,but I could use the savings to buy ammo for practice.It's going on a savage 110 BA in 338 lapua.I've got a trs-1 on a DPMS 308 that has done very well for me.That one was great for the money.

Re: Millet LRS-1 scopes

I dont have experience with the LRS-1, but I had two of the TRS-1 with mil/mil and they were great scopes for the money. I would have to guess the LRS-1 would compare to the TRS-1 in quality.

I have one and it works just fine. I'm 18 and no way in hell do I have 3k to spend on a scope, so I bought this one and no complaints.

I have a trs-1 that lasted a total of 17 shots before the adjustments for the parallax failed, and the come up, didnt track accurately after that shot either..
    I zeroed at 100, and came up 15 and was already at limits not having a rail, I think the combo of recoil and being at limits it failed.. it wont box test at all now, will not stay on zero ..
    its coming off tonight and going in for a repair.

I would recommend you go a different direction. I bought one. Multiple warranty returns later, Bushnell sent me a new one. I never even mounted it. Traded it off at the gun show for a loss and never looked back. Issued ranged from failure to track to turret on crooked. Bushnell customer service was first rate throughout but that was a little more service than I would like to need.

In the same price range is the 6.5X20 Vortex Viper. I have one of these and have been very happy with it.

Stay away from the LRS-1.

Ive had similar experiences with the lrs I had purchased. It worked great for about three months, tracked great, glass was good and held zero.

They have a pretty cheap turret setup and mine had the little white lines that tell you how many full turns you are up fall off so I had no idea where I was anymore. They sent me out a new one and I sold it to a friend. Its going back shortly for tracking issues.

If you really want to use the millet, you should get 2 so you have one to use while the other one is getting repaired. The customer service is great and you get another scope in a few weeks but its a hassle if you only have one scope.

You know the ole saying 'buy once--cry once'? I've gone from Millet to Zeiss to Nightforce and finally S&B.
    It depends on how far you want to go in the game.

It's the only low quality scope I have. came on a gun I traded for. All the rest of my scope are Nightforce (5) ACOG'S (5) Leupold VX-III EFR's (3) 1 Aimpoint ML3 and 1 Eotech 552. Thanks for the replies I will probably sell the Millett.

Are these the 35mm tube ones? I quickly looked at them at Gander Mountain and they were friggin huge, could only imagine what they weigh.

So far so good on a Savage 10BA in .308. Have about 500 rounds and been out to 800 yards with it. Hope it lasts.

I do have one. My model is BK81006. Very clear glass, in my opinion. I shoot 250 to 600 yards 12x12" unpainted steel plates screwed to trees and I see them morning, evening, shiny, cloudy and rainy days without any problems, while it takes lots of time for other people to see them through binoculars and spotting scopes. I've shot appx 600 rounds with the scope on my Remington 700 in .308 and recently I did a tracking test (center shot, then 3moa up/right; 3moa up/left; 3moa down/right; and 3moa down/left) and I'm very satisfied with results. The scope always returns to zero, I check frequently as I'm aware of some negative reviews on the scope, but nothing wrong with the scope yet. I'm new to long range shooting, but decided I may drop my two cents in here. If any questions, please ask.

I guess I am one of the lucky few that got a good one. My LRS sits on my remington 700 5r .308 and has held true for almost 600 rounds. I have taken it out to 800 yards with good return to zero, I really like the mil dot bar

Good evening to everyone. A little update about my experience with Millet LRS scope. Speaking of shooting my 600yd targets: with my Millet I was able to hit the targets every other time or even less. Now I exchanged my LRS for Vortex Viper PST 6-24 and I miss the target very very rarely: appx once in twenty shots or so. I don't have lots of experience, but this is my personal observation. I have no relationships with Vortex company, but just stated my personal observation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the only low quality scope I have. came on a gun I traded for. All the rest of my scope are Nightforce (6) ACOG'S (5) Leupold VX-III EFR's (3) 1 Aimpoint ML3 and 1 Eotech 552. Thanks for the replies I will probably sell the Millett. </div></div>
    After thinking I would sell my LRS-1 I had a SIG 556 laying around with out any optics. So I put it on the the SIG. The only complaint I have is thee adjustment clicks are barely noticeable which makes it very hard to zero in. Once that is done the scope holds zero without problems. The one thing I really like is the reticle. IMO it's ideal for shooting @100 yards.