• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Millett LRS-1 mil/mil

SGT TickleFight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Salem, OR
This scope is very good for the money, but not an alpha level scope by any means.

You should know that this thing is huge. It doesn't look bad on my savage 110 but might look strange on some smaller 700s. At least I can beat people with the scope if I run out of ammo.

Quality of glass is a little inconclusive because it has been very rainy. Above 18x it looks mildly cloudy, but it is barely noticeable and may be due to the moisture in the air. I did not notice this yesterday when the rain was a little lighter and could see every detail of someone's roof approximately 400 yards away at 25x.

I did a little low light testing last night in my house, but that is also inconclusive. It let through a lot of light, but had a really small sweet spot that was only noticeable in low light. I really need to do some low light testing outdoors at range.

Some of the range testing has to be taken with a grain of salt. I was running it on a new rifle and the rings were not tight enough at first. (I shot two groups around 0.5" at 100 yards with this scope).

A 1.5 minute box test was a pass. POI did not appear to change while zooming from 12x to 25x to 6x.

I dialed in 6 mils in elevation and dialed it back down. It shot exactly 1 mil high and I am 85% sure that I did not count correctly one direction or another when dialing it in and was off by 10 clicks.

Clicks matched the reticle (10 clicks per mil on 12.5x and 25x - different scales on the reticle). They were mushy at times but the tick marks on the dials helped that. I do not particularly think the clicks on my Mark AR are well defined either, but definitely better than the Millett.

Focus/Parallax was smooth, but firm so it did not change during the 40 rounds I shot (300 WM) unless I moved it. Indicators matched the range at which I was focusing so well that I could do some rough range estimation using it!

Reticle illumination works well.

I would not hesitate to recommend this scope to someone looking in the $500 price range. I would never compare it to Leupy MK4, Nightforce or US Optics. Do you get 4x the quality for 4x more money. I do not think so, but I am not denying these three company's make better stuff.

Re: Millett LRS-1 mil/mil

spend 200 more and get a weaver tactical. ten times better

That's what I hear all the time. Spend x more and get this. It's never get this for x amount less. Just noticing a pattern and trying to give an honest review.

I look at the trijicon add next to me with SCAR 17s and think about the guy at my range who has a 17s worth about 5k with optics who can't shoot better than 3 inches from a bench and never shoots off hand. Think about what purpose a rifle serves before you spend 2.5k on a piston with a garbage trigger only to shoot from a bench.

For 2.5K he could have had a GAP A3 which would shoot at least twice as good from a bench (In the hands of a skilled shooter, that is). The 17s is a 1 minute gun at best - which is nothing to sneeze at when looking at a 0-200 battle rifle. I rarely shoot my AKM from a benchrest position - what is the point? If I can't shoot that gun well off-hand then why would I want that cartidge? 300 BLK is calling me . . .

Glad you got your scope. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

HRF

Thank Sgt.
I am waiting to hear more as well. I just got a millet Trs-1 and so far so good as far as glass and repeatability of the elevation and Sundays knobs. I like it for the money spent,

I got an lrs also and after I set it in and adjust the turrets back to zero it feels like its not seated properly. Idk if I'm doing something wrong or what but I dont trust it

I went with the TRS-1 and I'm with you, for the money these are great scopes. Mine goes back and forth between my ar15 and 110ba in 338LM, holds zero and the 1/4 clicks are as dead on as I would ever need. I hope you enjoy your scope as much as I do...and get some good weather to go shooting in!

140 moa elevation adjustment
grin.gif

It's got me thinking about picking one up considering my overall positive opinion of my TRS-1 (albeit limited testing to date).

With a lifetime warranty, even worse case scenario I'm sure to end up with a good piece of glass.

Good luck and please keep updates coming.

K9-

Update - 24 rounds of 300 win mag down the tube today. It held zero nicely - My POI changed with different loads and clicks were still .1 minute.

It was sunny out in the late afternoon and I did verify that the scope has a slight haze to it above 18x. Not a deal breaker - even higher level scopes aren't perfect at really high magnifications.

I did notice some mirage while I was shooting at 12.5x so this could have influenced the haze a little but I highly doubt it.

I ditched the scope covers - the rear one takes away about 1/2" of eye relief and the front one kept falling off the front of the sun shade from the recoil of the 300WM.

Still worth the $450-$470 price tag.

Glad to hear mostly positive feedback as I am looking at possibly getting one of these in the near future. I like the TRS for what I do especially for the money spent. Good glass and repeatable turrets.
JH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spend 200 more and get a weaver tactical. ten times better </div></div>

I would really like to hear your first hand experience with both scopes. What is it about the the weaver tactical that makes you think that it is 10 times the scope? Were the clicks 10 times nicer? Sight picture ten times better? Could you see ten times the little holes at 1000 yards than you could with the LRS-1? I Would like to see your comments. Please start a thread. I don't think I am the only one that would like to see a comparison

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spend 200 more and get a weaver tactical. ten times better </div></div>

I would really like to hear your first hand experience with both scopes. What is it about the the weaver tactical that makes you think that it is 10 times the scope? Were the clicks 10 times nicer? Sight picture ten times better? Could you see ten times the little holes at 1000 yards than you could with the LRS-1? I Would like to see your comments. Please start a thread. I don't think I am the only one that would like to see a comparison </div></div>

+1

Weaver makes a nice scope and they are a value for their price range, however, they are not 10x the scope of the Millet, nor do they offer anywhere near the features found on the Millet.

I understand why people are quick to endorse a product they currently have, but please don't bash another product without direct experience with it. If you did happen to have a negative experience with the Millet, please share exactly what problems you encountered with the scope and what Bushnell did/did not do to rectify the problem.

K9-