• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett LRS-1

gathumper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
South Florida
I checked the search function and could not find anything on this scope. Has anyone used one of these scopes? I would like to have a good beater scope to put on my Savage 338, and I've seen some good reviews on it. Listen I don't expect it to be anything like my NF, or other higher end optic, but I do own a Millett TRS-1 and have been really happy with it. So if anyone has any experience with this scope can I get a heads up please?

Re: Millett LRS-1

I have one of these. Used it for awhile on my tactical gun until I bought a couple of nightforce. It's ok, nice reticle, hard to critique once you go to better scopes. The eye box is tight, using it over 20x really isn't useful.

I had one of these. The experience involved 4 warranty returns to Bushnell. I would not recommend the LRS-1.

If you are looking for something in a similar price range, try the Vortex Viper 6.5X20. I have one of these and have had no problems.

I have a TRS-1. Glass seems descent for price.BUTTT.... the reticle is canted. I sent back once but the did nothing. Of course they claim it is OK. I would try a diiferent brand.

I've had three TRS-1. I still have the BK81001 but it's barely usable at 16x due to extremely critical eye position. That one had to be repaired by Bushnell due to faulty illuminator switch. It cost me shipping both ways even though it was in warranty. I had two BK81008 and sent them both back due to cloudy/milky image at 16x. They were totally useless. I would never buy a Millet scope again due to poor quality and never a Bushnell due to warranty repair policy. I now have a Weaver 3-15x50 and waiting for an SS 5-20x50. Hopefully, neither will break but I suspect the service will be much better.

I have the TRS-1 BK81001 and it's been a decent scope. I've had it for 2 years and it's been mounted on several different weapons and I've yet to have a problem with it. Now don't misunderstand me, It's nothing compared to my NF, or USO, but for a $300 scope I've been pretty impressed. I would buy another TRS if I had a cheaper weapon system that needed glass, but didn't know anything about the LRS, so thanks for letting me know.

2shots, I think I'll pass after hearing your opinions, but thanks.

Got mine in today.......opened to inspected and: reticle was canted to the left....damn!

Sending it back. I am pissed off at the waste of time and effort. Millett looses my biz permanently now.

I had a TRS-1 that i gave to my son, it was a cery decent scope with some very nice features.

The only problem I had with it was trying to reset the turrets, it just wouldn't happen. The glass was clear and the adjustments seemd spot on and repeatable.

I think I got lucky.

Have you considered the new illuminated falcon menace 5.5-25?
It is a bit more expensive, but I believe you get a lot more scope than you would with the LRS.

Just clean the orings on the turrets and lube with silicone spray lube.