• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett Lrs

MA66OT

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Beaumont, Texas, USA
I just bought a Millett Lrs 6x25x56 ill. mill dot scope from Midway USA. The first thing I see is it really is huge. I mounted it on my rifle and it does sit up pretty high I am gunna find new rings for it. I noticed on the scope it doesn't have a computer tested sticker on it. Can I assume it is still computer tested? Also it did not come with a torx tool for mounting it. Thankfully my base i ordered had one. It also did not come with a detailed operator manual and log book like described on there web site. No warranty card or any instructions either. I took the box apart looking for it, but found nothing. When i get it sighted in I will let you know how that goes. I know there is a millett guy on these forums, maybe he can help.
[img:left][/img]

Re: Millett Lrs

Bushnell just replaced mine because the focus knob stopped working. When the new one arrived it came with the new rings which seem to be 3/4" higher than the old ones, I don't know whats up with this. I mounted it with the old rings which keep the bell about a 1/4" above the barrel.

bshaw

Sorry I haven't been on the site for a while but here's a shot of it with thew low rings

GEDC0444-2.jpg

I have a Millett TRS-1 on a Rem 700 308 SPS Varmit With a McMillian A-5 Harris Bi-pod and Accushot Mono Pod. My Scope did not have the warranty card either or manual. You can download the ownersmanual from milletts web site or call bushnell. I was told when I called that all you need it the scopes serial number located on the bottom of the scope beside the focus knob and your receipt of purchase and the warranty will be honored. I like my Millett, no problems yet if I ever do, it will just give me the excuse I need to buy one more expensive and incase the wife finds out I can tell whatever lol....

Hello

The LRS comes with rings, the rings are standard at a med height as we need to fit a wide range of rifles and to buy 35 mm rings is very expensive.

Bushnell honors the full warranty for Millett so if there is a problem you will be covered.

Thanks for purchasing a Millett product.

Steve

Bushnell/Millett

Does Millett offer a LE discount? I was thinking about getting one for my rifle

I'm glad to see you hanging in on the forums Steve and answering questions and stuff still like you always did when you were with Millett. It seems the LRS-1 had a few bad reviews here and there, but from reading these forums, it seems like most all scope companys have a turd end up in customers hands once in a while. I myself have had great luck so far with my LRS and for the price couldn't be more pleased. I think in that price bracket, you can not beat it for features and clarity, its not a $1500 scope, but it allows me to easily shoot 1/2moa at 500yds with a 308, so i can't complain. Keep up the good work.
smile.gif

Hello

Good to hear you guys like the LRS. its alot of scope for the money.

As to LE discount, I am not envolved with the pricing any longer. Contact Bushnell at 913 752 3400 Customer service to find out about pricing. I do know that often times the best deal is from dealers as Bushnell doesnt want to compete with its dealers.

Good shooting

Steve