• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS-1 Canted Reticle: Anyone get/see one?

gatorglockman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Alabama, US
Just curious. I am going to send my new Millett TRS-1 back on Tuesday. The reticle was canted left NIB when I got it this Friday. I had read of one or two other cases like this.

Anyone else have this experience?

Should I send it back for a full refund and reconsider my options OR swap it for a new one and ask the vendor to physically check the reticle prior to shipping (and pray they do and don't waste my time)????

Re: Millett TRS-1 Canted Reticle: Anyone get/see one?

Return the TRS-1, and spend another $140 and get the Vortex 6.5-20x50mm. (or 44mm version which is cheaper)

I got the TRS-1 when I upgraded from a $150 scope. The $150 scope had better optics and turrets! Not to mention past 14x the TRS-1 was cloudy.

The canted Reticule should show already that these scopes are not worth the money.

Send it back and get something else,I had the same one as you,no canted problem ,but the turrent clicks were the cheapest junk I have seen on an almost $500.00 scope

Yes. I recently received mine and the reticle is canted compared to the turrets. I mounted the scope so that the reticle is level which looks odd because it's obvious the turrets are canted a couple degrees. I ran a box test at 25 yards and everything worked fine. I'll have to try it at 100 to confirm that the erector is moving everything inline with the reticle and not the turret. If not it will go back to Millett to be fixed. This is on a .22lr trainer that will be shot from 50-200 yards so I wanted exposed turrets with matching mil adjustments. At $300 this is pretty much as cheap as I could find with those features.

Thx gents. I am one of those guys that never sends crap back...but this one pissed me off and left me unsure.

Gonna ask for a full refund. I will check out the Vortex and also some other options. Still looking at the SS 10x but I know it is prob in the same league as the TRS-1

I just put the bore sighter on and after coming up to my max available elevation, 10.2 mils, it's off by 0.3 mils.

i sent mine back when the elevation wasnt as much as advertised. got one back that was perfect. do that and sell it if you dont get a refund. bushnell takes really good care of you. maybe upgrade to a better bushnell. or get a mil/mil and sell it here, they all seem to sell.

Final Update: MidwayUSA did the right thing. Got it back and gave me a full refund + cost of my return shipping. It was my first return to them in the years and $$$ of biz, so I am happy.

Surprised no one else sounded off on the canting issue.

Now the real fun.........back to square one on what to buy...HA. I may just do a SS 10x42 and call it a day.