• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS-1 MIL/MIL

LSOSGT1109

Demoted by the change
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
London, KY
I guess this question would be for Millett or any of the vendors here that sell Millett scopes. These scopes seem to be backordered most places. Does anyone have any idea when they will be in stock?

Re: Millett TRS-1 MIL/MIL

Big River Tactical is top notch and I've puchased from him before. I had some credit at SWFA so I am using it to purchase the TRS-1's and SWFA was backordered on them so I was just wondering how long it would be before they got them in.

Does anybody know if the new mil/mil Millets have corrected the white fogginess on high power yet? I looked through a mil/moa yesterday and if your eye was EXACTLY where it should be, everything turned milky white.

I haven't looked through a scope that turned white like that.

I have two new mil/mil versions and the glass is very clear all the way through he power range!

They are SFP. I have no experience with the fixed power TRS. I've had super snipers and they are fine scopes. I would say that the non HD super snipers are about the same optical quality as the TRS but the TRS as more features such as an illuminated reticle.

i like my mil/mil. zeroing was a snap. ive had no issues. i will test it more after i get a load dialed in. for me, i looked at stuff at night here in my yard. i could easily see illuminated porches here 100-300y away. any yard light or street light was enought. i guess a better scope would be ever better, but i was pleasantly suprised at the stuff i could see around the area at night. and we stayed late at the range, it was past the sun going down but still light enought to hit the 200y unpainted gong in the dirt. decent so far

could be lighter, it is a big scope. but im good with it

Gentlemen, I have read your information on the TRS-1 and I also am interseted in one so I can possibly learn the tactical game. On what power does this scope range at? thank you

and there is a dot. but the early versions did mil at 16x i believe

Thank you for the speedy replies. I had seen both responses 10x and 16x. I see from Millett's information it looks like the current models are 10x even tho I wish it was 16x. For those of you that have one of these, is ranging at 10x enough for aged eyes? Thanks teele1

I know that Millett says it mils on 10x but my two are brand new and they definately mil on 16X.

Ok so who is selling the Mil/mil version? Should I give Bigrivertactical a go or try somebody else?

Big River Tactical has them in stock I believe. SWFA or any other place that sells Millett scopes should have them. Big River and SWFA are both snipershide supporters so buy from a hide supporter if you can!

I was under the impression my new TRS-1 was supposed to mil at 10x, but I kept getting funky calculations. After finding this post, I tried it at 16x and it seems MUCH closer.

You need to look for model number BK81008 for the mil/mil version. Check the image at 16x and if milky with critical eye position, you might want to return it for a different brand.

so does this mean that they have improved their quality control and are now decent scope to purchase? i was reading posts from 2008 and people were having alot of bad reviews about millett trs. thanks.

I have an apparently discontinued Millet Buck Gold 4-16, I was impressed with the optic quality, much brighter and clearer than I expected, it does dim a little at 16X but I haven't experienced anything like the milkyness described, I'd warranty it if I did. The reticle is a little thick, the paralex knob makes a faint metallic sound when turned, looking back thru the objective it looks a little rough in there, but it functions fine, the adjustments are accurate, and it holds zero perfectly. Haven't checked the mil dot calibration yet, been meaning to for four months, but I keep shooting instead of learning the minutiae of my equipment like I oughtta.

Lockdown, I have one that I purchased about a year ago. Suddenly it wouldn't power beyond 16x. I got another since I didn't want to mess with new rings, etc. and my wife uses that particular rifle the most and just wanted to get it back on track.

The scope IMO, is decent enough. Doesn't match my NF, SS, or Nikons, but then again it's not trying to complete directly with those either. For the price, it's fine.

If this one gives out again, I stick with the more durables.

I had two about a year ago and returned both as unusable at above 12X. They were purchased about three months apart from different sellers. They were both identically bad. I still have an earlier one in mil/MOA, BK81001, which is better but not good. It's going to the local gun shop on consignment after my SS5-20 arrives for my 260 Rem. I,ll also keep the Weaver 3-15 for the 243 Win.

How is Millett'S customer service. I've had a TRS-1 for about 3 months. I was happy with it, then the reticle canted.

So I will send it to Millet this week.

I hope they fix it in a timely manner.

How is the best delivery method to send it back.

I sent in my first one, BK81001, for a defective illuminator switch. It was fixed correctly and returned in about two weeks. However, the repairs are done by Bushnell and it cost me freight both ways even though it was new. UPS or Fedex is ok.

I just purchased a Millett TRS 4-16x50 with the MOA and it does range at 10X just like Millett states as there is an indent at the 10X setting on the zoom ring. Millett has a "mil dot bar" reticle and I found out that when ranging from one mil dot to one mil bar is "1" When I tried ranging from mil dot to mil dot I did not get a correct range. If you look at Millett's website it will explain the distances from mil dot to mil bar etc...