• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS-1 Scope Mil-Dot?

holeshot308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
Central/West Texas
Well Bushnell replaced my Millett 6.5x24x56 SF Buck Gold scope I sent in for repair with a new TRS-1 4x16x50 30mm Illuminated mil-dot. lOVE the "generic" manual that come with the scope. Covers nothing about the scope that you need to know. Stayed on hold trying to get c/s at Bushnell till my cell battery about gave up. What I'm trying to find out is at what power the mil-dot is calibrated for? Had a pretty nice chart for the Buck Gold on the mil-dot but it was for the scope being set on 16x which is no help on the new TRS-1. Thinking about just selling the TRS-1 and buying a Vector Viper 6x20x50 30mm mil-dot from SWFA. Can get one for about $500.00 with tax and shipping(yea got to pay sales tax since I'm in Texas also) About the Vector if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper let me know. Just bought a new 20 moa base for the Savage 10-FP Choate .308 Win. and I'm not really nuts about the replacement scope topping out at 16x where my old scope went up to 24x anyway. Appreciate any info either way on this, Thanks!! Holeshot 308

Re: Millett TRS-1 Scope Mil-Dot?

Thanks, finally got ahold of Bushnell and they told me it was calibrated at 16x which is the top end. Kind of figured that they weren't really certain. Since my other Millett was a 6.5x24 and it was calibrated at 16x I was kind of doubting the new TRS was cald. at 16x. I'm out of town and didn't bring the scope so I can't check the detent ring and I really didn't have much time to look it over before I left. Still thinking I'll sell the Millet off and go with the Vector Viper 6x20.

I got one as a replacement scope also. Mine indexes subtension at 10x but on the hash mark not the mil-dot. I don't think Millet/Bushnell are calibrating these scopes. There has to be a reason their web page gives zero info about the technical aspects of this product.

The mil-dot-bar setup is that every other dot is replaced with a bar.

Thy are not at the half mil point.

It is supposed to make counting you mils easier by giving two distinctive points of reference.

Thanks for the clarification. My confusion stems from using the resource articles on Millet's web page. They use an illustration of the Mil-Dot Bar reticle and refer to those hash marks as half points for a mil. The OP complained about Millet's generic owners manual and I second that complaint wholeheartedly. The technical support for their product is pathetic.