• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS-1

razor88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2011
Hannibal, MO
Sorry if I'm asking a commongquestion but I haven't really found anything on here about this scope and was wondering what everyones opinion was on it. The millett trs-1 that is.

Re: Millett TRS-1

It's usually a good idea to stay away from Chinese scopes. I've yet to see one that held up to much use. I did have one 10X Falcon that made is 6 months but that was the longest I've had one last.

got my head out of my but and used the google search. Seems to be either really good or really bad, with the price in mind. Any other suggestions in the price range. Just looking for something to shoot with while I save up for a nf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got my head out of my but and used the google search. Seems to be either really good or really bad, with the price in mind. Any other suggestions in the price range. Just looking for something to shoot with while I save up for a nf. </div></div>

Yeah a google search will turn up tons of failures, there was a thread here not long ago that had probably close to 20 people post up that their's died. I bought one to try but never mounted it up because the glass was so milky above 10X it wasn't usable and the turrets felt horrible and got another in a trade I sold because it was no better. Everything about them just screams CHEAP. I did have a DMS-1 that lasted a little while but the illumination started appearing off the reticle almost like double vision and then completely died.

In the same price range the SS10X42's are very good but don't have a matched knob and reticle system. The 3-10 Weaver Tactical available through midway is extremely nice for the cash and is probably the best scope going under $500 and is mil/mil.

I was looking at the midway weaver but say the trs and figured I would ask about it. Don't know much abouut the ss but want a variable scope

I have a millet trs-1 tactical 4-16X50 on my dpms 260 and for the money i think its a great scope. Now dont think you are paying 350 dollars and getting a leupold or nightforce and you wont be dissapointed. The clarity through out the magnification range is great. The only things i didnt like was the first click on the elevation dial is weak and sloppy but after you get past that its fine. Also the eye relief is short so i wouldnt put it on a 500 wiz bang super killer.just my 2 cents

I've had the Millet TRS-1 4-16x for about 2 years and approximately 2,000 rounds of .308 and it finally took a dump on me. When I first bought it I very impressed for the price. Using that scope (and reloading, practice, and basic fundamentals) I was able to shoot 1/2 or better groups at 100 yds consistently. About a year ago I got issued a Mark 4 6.5-20x on a Sig SSG300 and that changed my opinion on the scope (I got spoiled). After hours of looking through the Mark 4 and then going back to the Millet I finally could see why there was a big price difference. The Millet had a short eye relief, blurry edges, very noticable "sweet" spot, and the eye posistioning was very critical; however this is comparing it to the Leupold and hours of looking through both. Before I knew better the Millet was a fine scope to get started on and for casual shooting. Knowing what I know now I would have saved for a better quality scope from the start. In the end I think I got my $300 use out of the scope. So it depends on your budget and how serious you are going to get with precision shooting.