• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MILLETT TRS-2

simpleguy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2009
Sparta, Wisconsin
Good day everyone,

I am looking at getting the Millett TRS-2 fixed 10x scope. I was wondering if any of you all had some expirience with it and if you do please provide some feed back to help me make the decision to get it or not. Thank You

Re: MILLETT TRS-2

I haven't knoticed many people go that direction. The 2009 version of the TRS-2 I would assume got the same upgrades as the TRS-1, .25 clicks and turn counters on the knobs. Without those features it was really lacking. There is still not that much reason to go with it, since the variable TRS-1 is only $35-40 more. I like variable scopes but have the 10x Bushnell 3200 tactical and 10x super sniper. Millett is suppost to be a little shakeing on quality but they have lifetime warranties serviced through Bushnell. I would step up to the TRS-1, buy the Millett Buck Gold 4-16x56 for the same price (I think this will get you variable scope with SAME quality Glass but does not have locking turn knobs or illuminated recticle, both features I don't care about), or step down to the Bushnell 3200 10x. The Wonder Optics 10x is in same price range also, as are used Super Snipers.

I have a Millet TRS-1, the old ones, I have ran a tactical match with it and have beat the hell out of it. It is a good scope. On that note it does not range worth a shit and the knobs suck without a counter. I want it to break so I could get a new one! LOL

Hello guys

The TRS has been a great seller for Millett. We cant keep them in stock. We have made improvements this yr as we added come ups and 1/4 clicks. is the new scope better---- No but it has differing features. The glass is excellent for the price, Can you get better glass,,, Sure but it will cost you several times the Millett price.

Millett has lifetime warranty. The biggest problem is supply, we cant get enough of them.

good shooting

Steve

They are good scopes for the money. I would go with a TRS-1 4-16. I wish they had a little better glass. I think most would be willing to pay a little more for it.

The 2009 scopes do have nicer turrets with audible tactile clicks.

GC

Of all the scopes I sell, the TRS-1 is the best seller! I have 14 of the new models in stock, which is rare. (Tough to keep them on the shelf) You can order them here: http://www.bigrivertactical.com/catalog/item/4193480/4081421.htm

Also, if you want Butler Creek caps, it takes a #16 eye (20160) and a #43 Obj. (30430) The 2009 upgrades really make this an unbeatable scope in it's price range.

Donnie

You have to drop the Butler Creek #43 Obj. cap in hot water to soften it so it will slip over the TRS-1 obj easier.

GC

Thank you all for the input. I want to stay with the fixed power so there is less to break on the scope. Also most range estimation is at the 10x level (depending on the scope) and I am use to shooting at that level anyway. I guess I will plan on getting the scope as soon as someone buys my MIA. Thanks again and take care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of all the scopes I sell, the TRS-1 is the best seller! I have 14 of the new models in stock, which is rare. (Tough to keep them on the shelf) You can order them here: http://www.bigrivertactical.com/catalog/item/4193480/4081421.htm

Also, if you want Butler Creek caps, it takes a #16 eye (20160) and a #43 Obj. (30430) The 2009 upgrades really make this an unbeatable scope in it's price range.

Donnie </div></div>

Any word on the Mil turreted TRS-1?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of all the scopes I sell, the TRS-1 is the best seller! I have 14 of the new models in stock, which is rare. (Tough to keep them on the shelf) You can order them here: http://www.bigrivertactical.com/catalog/item/4193480/4081421.htm

Donnie </div></div>

Hey Donnie I just ordered up a TRS-1. Is it an 09' model?

I haven't seen a Mil turret Millett scope as of yet. All the Millett scopes I sell are '09 models. (They sell too fast to be anything older than that!)

Donnie

I just bought a 2009 TRS-1 and I like it a lot! Just mounted yesterday I will take it to the range this Saturday. I'm just starting to get into rifle shooting and I hope this scope will last.

With all the features and for the money I think it was a good buy. Got mine from CTD.com