• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Million Veteran Program

I have not. If I did I would place it with the other spam mail.

Sadly they already have my DNA from when I joined along with everyone else's.

Doc
There was no such thing as DNA back when I joined.
Well, there might have been but it was so far in it's infancy that they got no such thing from me and my buds.

Reactions: Doc68
Sorry to tell ya boys. IF you were deployed/activated to Desert Shield/Storm, the .gov has your DNA. I know I got "swabbed", before I flew into country. Sooo, I would asssssume, the V.A. would already have, or, be able to obtain it. Mac

Reactions: Doc68
Sorry to tell ya boys. IF you were deployed/activated to Desert Shield/Storm, the .gov has your DNA. I know I got "swabbed", before I flew into country. Sooo, I would asssssume, the V.A. would already have, or, be able to obtain it. Mac
Yep, a quick google search says June of 1992 they started. I was pretty sure they had mine from 1996.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Yep, a quick google search says June of 1992 they started. I was pretty sure they had mine from 1996.
I got activated (was an ART) during that time. Had to process, get stabbed, swabbed, then pack my bag so I could crew chief C-141B's (material/troops) into country. Mac

They got mine at reception in 1995. It was all supposed to be on the up-and-up just in case my remains had to be identified.

Probably some legitimacy to that claim. But I have zero doubt it would be abused against me at their earliest convenience.

Mike

DNA sequencing has come so far in the past 20 years that it is laughable to call what was possible then (Late 90s, early 00’s) “sequencing.” The data generated then is likely no longer compatible with current processing solutions and the samples are certainly non-viable.

Reactions: chevy_man
DNA sequencing has come so far in the past 20 years that it is laughable to call what was possible then (Late 90s, early 00’s) “sequencing.” The data generated then is likely no longer compatible with current processing solutions and the samples are certainly non-viable.

Well, if there's one positive thing to come from government incompetence it's the lack of ability to store anything in a manner that would keep it viable. Not that they could ever find it again in the first place.

You can revoke in writing the ability of the US mil to keep your DNA samples.

Lots of people colored "bubbles" in next to a candidates name, basically put it in writing.

How did that work out?

It's a weird survey. Lots of questions about family.

If the govt had any credibility it would seem legit.

These days...........

1655714600264.jpeg

I like the idea of using your pet's DNA.
I think it would also be of value if you could get every single person to use the exact same DNA.
Ooh La La...I wish that I knew what I know now...not too sure I'd go to beautiful, sunny, San Diego.