• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors MINI glock .380 acp

JoeyAld

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL
I was at a local gun store and I held a small carry gun. The guy behind the counter called it a mini Glock. I do not recall the manufacturer thus why I am posting. It was a .380acp and the gun company is located in FL. Does this ring a bell to anyone?. It isn't Keltec i know for sure.Thank you for any help.

Re: MINI glock .380 acp

glock makes a 380acp but its not imported into america, maybe that will change with all the new mini 380's on the market

I have searched Kahr, eaa, everything i can think of.. I swore he told me diamond head arms... but i cannot find anything. Thank you for input. Perhaps I'll just call tomorrow and find out:) i will post what i find out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1949cj3a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The company is called Diamondback. its a neat little pistol from what i could tell for the 2 minutes i handled one. takedown just like a glock, small, lightweight.

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/
</div></div>

YES! Thank you very much!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it is a Glock, the 380 round sucks.</div></div>

Don't be a hater
wink.gif

380 in the pocket beats anything else at home. Us small framed guys can't hide a mini uzi while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

MSRP on the site is $430. They're only offering a 380, and the grip to barrel angle is obviously greatly different from a glock. Not to plug one or the other, but it bears mentioning that the DB line is not a glock and trying to fire one like the other will not end in acceptable results.

From what I was told and shown; The this little gun isn't a glock at all. It features the same safety features under the slide. The trigger is a bit softer the the LCP and others out there. A huge advantage I thought was that it is easy to take down to clean. It also features a thicker barrel. I was just impressed with my first impressions. It is a small carry pistol and I found it very easy to hold and have a secure grip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be a hater
wink.gif
</div></div>
Given a choice, I would much rather have a .22LR.

I have fired a 380 glock but it was the same size as a glock19 it was not super compact only made for countries where 9mm was banned or where police were required to use a 380. i would believe it is not a glock if it was it would have had glock stamped on it and asz far as i know they have nor made them any slimmer or in the sub compacts.

I would prefer a 9mm over a 380 anytime but a 380 might be better if you dont have anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it is a Glock, the 380 round sucks. </div></div>

Local gun store (15 years ago) two gang bangers come in looking for some free stuff. Three employees all armed, a .357 a 9mm and a 380.

Who puts the bad guy down? The 380. Why? Shot placement. I love my .45 but I also love my front sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xmil91w</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is incredibly ugly.</div></div>

And for super subcompacts for concealed carry it's all about the looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xmil91w</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is incredibly ugly.</div></div>

And for super subcompacts for concealed carry it's all about the looks. </div></div>

Didn't say I wouldn't use it if I had one, just commenting.

I'd like to find one of those at a local gun store to get a feel of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it is a Glock, the 380 round sucks. </div></div>

HAHA. Got a laugh out of that one.

I agree though. I can fit a Kahr MK9 into my pocket just as easy and be equipped with 9mm over the "9mm short".

Ammo is too expensive/hard to find also.

Funny how much it resembles a GLOCK though. It does seem pretty light compared to other pistols similar in size. And I know it's a moot point....it is pretty damn ugly.

They had one at a local shop last time i was in there. IT was 369 plus tax. Felt pretty good but im afraid it wouldnt have the reliability of the other NAME brand weapons. could be a nice pistol though.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with shooting this "pocket glock"? If reliability was where it needed to be i would buy one in a sec...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be a hater
wink.gif
</div></div>
Given a choice, I would much rather have a .22LR. </div></div>
So you just want to piss your attacker off?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So you just want to piss your attacker off?</div></div>

I want one too. If I have to shoot someone I have a real Glock in a real caliber. But I'd like a .22 to train with cheap ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be a hater
wink.gif
</div></div>
So you just want to piss your attacker off? </div></div>

Care to get shot with a .22 and see if it only pisses you off? Shot placement is key, no matter what caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be a hater
wink.gif
</div></div>
So you just want to piss your attacker off? </div></div>

Care to get shot with a .22 and see if it only pisses you off? Shot placement is key, no matter what caliber. </div></div>

I would rather get shot with a 22 than a 380. The 22 is pathetic compared to the 380. I'm not saying that the 380 is great especially compared to something like a 357 magnum but only a fool would prefer a 22 over it.

Wow. So many opinions. Good thing this fellow found out the name of the gun.

I bought a ruger lcp awhile back and I ordered a pocket holster for it from pocketholsters.com. The slogan on the package was "A 32 in your pocket is better than a 45 in the glove box." Very true, I think.

It's another tier on what the pistol is for. A sidearm is for convenience, either to get you out of harms way, get you to your rifle
or shotgun, or be their if you run out of ammo for your primary. These pocket pistols seem to put another step in this process as maybe a backup for your backup??

I don't know why these small guns and calibers are such a surprise.......have we forgotten that human beings are all about convenience?

I beleive that .380 will at least give you an opportunity to get back to the car..............

I got to handle one of the Black Diamond .380's at my local shop the other day. It felt nice and felt similar to the Kel-Tecs but did not get to shoot it. I prefer .45 for a carry gun. But if I need something smaller for short jumps around where I don't want to put on my whole rig, I go with the P32. 32ACP is bigger than the .22 but less recoil so I can have more accurate and faster follow-up shots compared to the .380.. and more rounds. It's by no means a 1 shot stopper.. but 8 rounds of 32ACP should get you out of most situations, or at least give you ability to recover and get away. None of the micro rounds are great but something in pocket is better than nothing. Go with what you shoot best.

Those "MINI GLOCKS" are nice to look at.. But after reading several, and I mean SEVERAL of these threads. It has changed my mind on buying one.
Check it out for yourself.

http://flaguns.com/showthread.php?11876-Diamondback-380-problems-Company-not-truthful!

the guys that started diamond back, were working for keltec. they quite moved down the road and opened up shop. they now have a 9mm version also.

Nice, i didnt think it was possible to make a less ergonomic pistol.

I have a diamond back 380 and have ran about 300 rounds through it and haven't had any problems.. Don't know if its because its the hard chrome one are what but its a solid gun and I carry it ever day . I gave $335 for mine here in Shreveport also its about the same size as the kel-tech except the slide is a little wider hope this helps Chaz