• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini PRS Comp

Zack_va248

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2018
Winchester, Va
I put together this mini PRS comp for some local guys/gals to get them started into the sport and help them on their journey to being proficient riflemen.
Wanted input on suggestions to changes in the course of fire. Most targets are from 2-3moa with the occasional 1-1.75moa @ 350-700yds
This is my first time as a "match director" so to speak so I'm trying to make sure everyone has a good/ safe experience.
It's obviously not an official match, but it will be shot like one on a timer and under stress that they haven't been under.
I's also meant to be low rd count with ammo supply being crazy expensive and tough to source. I wanted the most out of each position/barricade.
Each stage will be a max allowed full magazine of 10/12rds. Whatever they have. Some have limited equipment, so I'm trying to accommodate.
9EC98471-2C82-426E-8C30-8D67440A985A.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    977.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: Dendro
Looks pretty good but I wouldn’t do a true KYL for newbies. I run the KYL rack as either one shot at each, or hit to move on, No point loss. I think one of the most important things with shooters new to the discipline is letting them ring some steel.
Sometimes when the match directors structure it like a regular match née guys will zero a stage. For instance if it’s two shots at each near to far, you miss the first target it’s getting nothing but harder as you move out. Again a stage or two hit to move on will allow the new shooter to get that satisfying sound of an impact.

Reactions: Zack_va248
Looks pretty good but I wouldn’t do a true KYL for newbies. I run the KYL rack as either one shot at each, or hit to move on, No point loss. I think one of the most important things with shooters new to the discipline is letting them ring some steel.
Sometimes when the match directors structure it like a regular match née guys will zero a stage. For instance if it’s two shots at each near to far, you miss the first target it’s getting nothing but harder as you move out. Again a stage or two hit to move on will allow the new shooter to get that satisfying sound of an impact.
Good stuff. I'll definitely roll that into my plan. Appreciate the input!

Reactions: High Desert duck
This is a really good idea for new shooters on a KYL. Each impact is worth a point, hit to move to next target. It is limited by the number of rounds in their magazine as you said in the initial brief.

Another idea - it seems several of these stages are same/similar. Consider a "zero confirmation" shot as well. Perhaps hit a golf ball for a point.... perhaps just a paper drill. I've seen the Ace of Spades with a circle inside.... hit the ace anywhere for one point, inside the circle is 2. Just thoughts.

And everyone loves hostage rescue targets with a flapper.....

Reactions: Zack_va248