• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Mini Suppressor for my .308

GillJr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2009
NC
I am looking into buying a mini suppressor for my Sps Tactical. I looking for repeat shift and durability. The sound is not a huge concern to me. I am tired of my muzzle brake and would love if it is a little quieter to shot too. I have found three different mini suppressors.

Surefire 762 MINI $1000

AAC Mini7 $895

BREVIS 7.62 Compact Suppressor $785

I would love to be able to put this suppressor on my AK too.
Any suggestions?

Re: Mini Suppressor for my .308

The brevis is a threadon, which might be a problem for the AK if it has a weird thread pitch? The surefire will cost noticeably more than the AAC, but has a better mount. I have AAC stuff.

If you are going through the trouble of purchasing a suppressor (NFA paperwork and tax $s) then I would get a full blown 30 cal can. You're looking at an AAC Mini 7... if you were to jump to an AAC SDN6 it adds 2" and 6 ounces but sound reduction increases from 16 db to 30 db. That's a HUGE difference!

Unless you're looking for a dedicated CQC can, and even then, only if every ounce and quarter inch made a difference I'd go full strength. There are many great cans that don't add too much weight or length over the compacts.

To bad I can't find an adapter for the AK with the AAC.

I really what to keep the rifle as accurate as possible since I competitively shot from time to time.

I am leaning toward the Surefire.
Surprised Surefire hasn't released more info on the MINI.

here is one from another thread that seems interesting and at only 10 ounces it sounds like something to give a try to SAS Titanium

I was hoping to keep the suppressor under 6 inches.

Does anyone have more info on the Surefire 762 MINI? I have looked every where shot of calling the manufacture.

Does it have to be a brake attach ?

The TBAC 30P1 is 9" and 15.9 oz. My Google Fu says the Surefire Mini 762 is 6" and 15.8oz.

I swear I saw a thread where TBAC was entertaining a 7" can...
How about the SAS 7" Ti can ?

It might just be me, but Im not going to spend a grand on a mini can for 308. They seem to be barrel length specific on how they work suppression wise AND you are not gaining a whole lot. They might take the edge off but anything less then 24" on the barrel and your going to want ear plugs.

If I were ordering a .30 cal can today for use on a precision rifle (or multiple platforms that include a precision rifle,) I'd sign up for an AAC SR7 or a Surefire K series.

I would choose Surefire over AAC because of AAC mount and customer service issues as of lately. Dont know shot about the Brevis.

I am really leaning to Surefire because of mount and I can use it on my AK.

As far as sound reduction; I am not looking for hearing safe quiet. Its really just going to be a glorified muzzle brake.

Any Surefire guys on the forum? For the specs of their can.

Get a full size can the gem tech sandstorm is short for a 30 can and still offers plenty o sound reduction. No sense in a $200 tax and a 6 month wait for a glorified muzzle brake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a full size can the gem tech sandstorm is short for a 30 can and still offers plenty o sound reduction. No sense in a $200 tax and a 6 month wait for a glorified muzzle brake </div></div>

+1

I see you guys talking about mini for size, and recommending a full size can instead. Keep in mind that the Brevis is a full size can, but is still short enough to fit the OP's desires.

It is hearing safe, and did shrink all groups in the calibers we fired through it (308, 7 SAUM, and 6.5 Creed).

As far as the AK concern, I have no real world experience , but have heard that a baffle strike is a concern. (that could be just internet hype for all I know)

What is the db reduction if the 7.62 Brevis? That is an answer I have been unable to find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see you guys talking about mini for size, and recommending a full size can instead. Keep in mind that the Brevis is a full size can, but is still short enough to fit the OP's desires.

It is hearing safe, and did shrink all groups in the calibers we fired through it (308, 7 SAUM, and 6.5 Creed).

As far as the AK concern, I have no real world experience , but have heard that a baffle strike is a concern. (that could be just internet hype for all I know) </div></div>

I have a Delta P and cannot fire it on anything shorter then 22" barrel in the 308 flavor. Its just not hearing safe.... dependent on barrel length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the db reduction if the 7.62 Brevis? That is an answer I have been unable to find.</div></div>

I don't believe they have published db information.

If I wanted a full size suppressor then I would purchase one. I am trying to get the best of both worlds if possible. Wearing ear pro is not a problem for me. I would prefer my OAL of my rifle be shorter. I would go with a thread on if it was strictly for competition, but if I have the option of being able to use it on my rifle and AK I am in. But I need the suppressor to be repeatable on the rifle too. This is a must.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the db reduction if the 7.62 Brevis? That is an answer I have been unable to find. </div></div> You will not find them anywhere. Send an e-mail to them or a message on here and he will explain why.

I have a 6.5 Brevis and have no problem on my 22" .260 and I shoot a pretty quick moving load. When I shoot regular factory loaded ammo it is noticeably quieter.

I did email them and knew they publish no metering info. I hoped someone would have metering info on them. I respect that they don't publish db data but that scared me a little. They are not common and I would like some kind of way to compare before I took a plunge on one since actually seeing one in person is not an option. Nice folks, interesting products.....just need more to go on. Maybe someone will do a comparison soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did email them and knew they publish no metering info. I hoped someone would have metering info on them. I respect that they don't publish db data but that scared me a little. They are not common and I would like some kind of way to compare before I took a plunge on one since actually seeing one in person is not an option. Nice folks, interesting products.....just need more to go on. Maybe someone will do a comparison soon. </div></div> I believe 762 has done one or two comparisons on them. One with mini cans and one with regular .308 cans. You might want to send him a PM and see if he still has the videos.

1105037664_hXXdg-M.jpg

$150 or less and no stamp...essentially a single K baffle...

Looks like you had an accident!

I actually just ordered the SF Mini 762, I want to see what its all about.
And it may be a good excuse to register a AR10 lower as an SBR.

hmmmm....
laugh.gif

I'd like to know minimum barrel length for the 762 Mini.... if any of the Surefire guys were to see this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you had an accident!

I actually just ordered the SF Mini 762, I want to see what its all about.
And it may be a good excuse to register a AR10 lower as an SBR.

hmmmm....
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Ballistically I'd assume the .300 whisper/blackout performs as well if not better than a subsonic .308...and the supersonic loads aren't too shabby either. If you have an SBR ar-15 lower, build an upper instead
wink.gif

I already have a 300 blackout build.... and subsonic rounds wont cycle an AR10. So that rules all that out. I might do a 13.7" bbl and see what it can do.