• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini Windrunner Model 06 - Awesome Demo Videos!

gewgaw

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Just thought you guys might want to check this out -- a new video featuring the new Mini Windrunner Model 06 being carried in a backpack, a guy rides in on a motorcycle with the backpack, sets up the Mini Windrunner, takes two well-aimed (dry fire) shots, breaks down the rifle, stows it, then rides off.... all in under 2 minutes or so! He even has time to take his helmet off calmly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlA7asMRpE

This thing looks amazing, I can't wait to get mine (I put down a deposit for the next run)... too bad the bike isn't included, too! haha

ETA: Another video from YouTube... this one is great too! Rooftop deployment video, exiting from a rooftop access hatch, set up rifle from backpack, take aimed shots in three positions, break down rifle and stow, then exit the roof -- all in under 2 minutes as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebOE0-Sag0

I talked to David over at Nemesis Arms, and he says the backpack can also double as a bulletproof rest for shooting from -- just gotta put some kevlar or ceramic plate into the padding sleeve of the backpack, set it sideways on the ground, then rest the barrel on the pack, and there you go! SICK!

Re: Mini Windrunner Model 06 - Awesome Demo Videos!

Awesome platform, that's a fantastic idea. I wonder how long it will be before some jackass tries to outlaw it because of it's mobility reasons.

Re: Mini Windrunner Model 06 - Awesome Demo Videos

I hear you, and here's the kicker -- this thing is made in the great gun-control crazy state of California!

I had one of those in my hands a the shot show.it is a nice plattform. but during those 2 min. in that video he wasn't under fire by a dude in a nearby 2 floor window. LOL

But i do get the point.

thats a Hitman's wet dream. how long is the barrel on that little thing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats a Hitman's wet dream. how long is the barrel on that little thing? </div></div>

Said it was a 20 incher. (.308)

Will the production model come with tactical black socks or are those still in development?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mammal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the production model come with tactical black socks or are those still in development? </div></div>

LOL!

Re: Mini Windrunner Model 06 - Awesome Demo Videos!

damn it makes me want to have one now.

yeah that bipod leg was bending like all hell when the guy was on the roof shooting straight down

Actually the bipod is designed to flex and adapt to off angles, where most bipods do not flex and are very rigid. Our system allows flexibility to shoot from any position. If someone wanted the bipod to be more rigid than they would simply tighten the thumb screw on the side of the bipod.

This rifle adapts to urban tactical environments as is needed in today's world.

The Marine Snipers at bridgeport were so pleased with our rifle they were taking pictures of our rifle afterward. Shown on the web site.

To me, that is like having someone at NASCAR drive your vehicle and then take pictures, because they are that impressed.

i wasnt saying anything bad about the rifle, id love to own one, i have never seen a bipod flex like that though. Whats one of those run?

Thank you, no offense taken. I like to explain the function of the rifle to help give a better understanding.

We are offering to hide members a special purchase of $3850.00 including the rifle - muzzle break - choice of case and 1 extra mag. Reg. it would be $4295.00.

We at Nemesis enjoy the discussion and information passed around the Hide and the professional over sight that is given.

We are just showing our appreciation for the marksman to novice alike here.

David
Nemesis Arms
[email protected]

Any of your neighbors call and wonder WTF there is a sniper on the roof?
laugh.gif

Awesome concept. My uncle has the Model 96 and loves the hell out of it. Im sure once he sees this one, he'll be all over it

Does the brake come off and what are the threads?

I'm afraid that I would have dropped the rifle off the roof in that second video.
grin.gif
I'd need a retention loop/lanyard for that kind of use. Awesome rifles though thats for sure.

Very small package!!! I wonder how it'll hold up on the field and how repeatable the zero would be w/ the removal of the barrel?

Hi Guys,

We did notified local LE and our neighbors of the video’s and also shot them on a early Sunday for less traffic. We were hoping also not to alert the locals, we didn’t want anyone popping a vein.

Glad to hear your uncle enjoys his 96, they are an excellent rifle in all platforms. If he is interested, give him our info and we would be glad to help.

We build .243 Win., .260 Rem., .308 Win., .338 Fed calibers currently. The 6.5 has bottom case dimension .020 smaller than the .308 case. We have not tested the 6.5 case and caliber.

Our Muzzle Breaks do unscrew, allowing the use of suppression systems. We use two thread pitches (13/16 & 5/8 X 24) for our barrels. The 5/8 X 24 is a common thread pitch used for suppressors.

We also do have sling swivels available on our rifles. This would add the security to not slip the rifle off the edge. However, the rifles bipod does allow manipulation to be supported by the rubber feet for the roof top or elevated positioning applications.

Thanks for the questions,

David
Nemesis Arms
[email protected]

Turk,

Our rifle’s have been disassembled and reassembled under testing by LE dept.’s and Military Sniper teams and reshot the same groups every time.

The larger Windrunner in .408 and 50 bmg / dtc have been used all over the world by varied Military and LE organizations. The .308 built with and under the same exacting standards will, have and do repeat the same accuracy’s.

We guaranty ½ MOA, the Bridgeport Marines shot 3 inch groups @ 600 yards and 6.5 @ 905 yards repeatedly.

Thanks for the question, if we can help with any information let me know.

David
Nemesis Arms
[email protected]

In Da Weeds,

If you go to our web site, you will see my daughter shooting her .308 with a suppressor on the video page.

We also photo's in the gallery.

Thanks,
David

This is a great set up and highly accurate rifle. Well worth the money for the fact that its able to fit in a backpack or case!

Mine has been serving me well and if I ever had the coin I would invest in the .510DTC.

But for right now the .308 is still my trophy gun.

David, altough the group size is very impressive; my question was directed to POI shift?

My appologies, the best way to show you that there is no POI shift, is to direct you to the current targets in photo section here on the Hide. I could tell you all day that our Nemesis Arms Windrunner does not shift POI, however an owners targets and statements are much better.

The targets posted are from Nemesis Arms Windrunner owner in Salt Lake City, Utah. From his explaination all targets are from 3 different sittings and disassembly / assembly's.

His POI did not and has not shifted. Other owners in a few different threads have spoken on the repeated accuracy with both our Nemesis Arms rifles and the EDM ARMS .50 / .408. The reason I bring EDM ARMS up is our platforms are built from the same materials and processing, the difference is simply larger and smaller platforms. The EDM rifles have been around for over 15 years.

Also the EDM ARMS rifles have been used and requested all over the world. Our rifles also have been requested by several countries.

Sorry for being windy, I am simply tring to give as much and indeepth information that I can.

If there is additional information that I can give, let me know.

Thank you,
David

Our barrels are cut from two different metals not allowing them to weld or guald together. They may get hot like any barrel, however they will NOT seize together.

We have tested this multiple times. We have fired the barrels hot enough to use a gloved hand to slide the barrel out.

Thank you,
David

WOW! This little setup is really calling to me right now. I am thinking this might be the ticket for predator hunting. I know...not what you guys were thinking! How long befor these will be shipping David?

We are currently taking orders for late Oct. early Nov. ship.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you,
David
Nemesis Arms Inc.
909-520-5636

Beautiful set up. Compact, versatile and accurate, what more could a man want? Has this model seen any action in the sandbox yet?

Ghillie,

We have several Special Operations Team members that have made purchases, but I am not able to confirm final destinations.

Thank you for your compliments and questions,
David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David@Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ghillie,

We have several Special Operations Team members that have made purchases, but I am not able to confirm final destinations.

Thank you for your compliments and questions,
David </div></div>
Confirm or deny!
grin.gif

As the Windrunner family has been around for more than 15 years and been sought out by some of the best around the world. I will confirm and say when you have a cutting edge design in a rifle that can adapt to any situation, respectfully for what reason would you not want it there.

We are very pleased with the feedback, response and requests we continously receive from both county, state and federal agencies.

Thank you,
David

Having had 3 windrunners, I will attest to great workmanship, customer service and flat out great rifles. Nothing is left behind on these rifles. That is why cheytac wanted the windrunner platform for its 408 round...

That is just way too cool! How much does the rifle weigh w/o the scope? That would make an awesome backpacking rifle!

Just went to the website. Looks like it weighs 11 lbs, not really backpacking weight, but very nice none the less.