• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox ZP5 scope ring torque value

cdeiglmeier

The Tooth Fairy
Supporter
Minuteman
May 2, 2017
Issaquah, Washington
I just recently purchased ZP5 and I'm trying to mount it in my Spuhr mount but after reading through the entire manual that comes with the scope and looking over the entire Minox website, I couldn't find a recommendation for the scope ring torque values. Anyone have the specific value they recommend? 15in/lbs? 20in/lbs? or 25in/lbs?

FF81B8DD-F04E-4D95-A408-02ECE0F76E6A.jpeg

Reactions: cdeiglmeier
Thanks guys! I'll follow Spuhr (they recommend 25in/lbs). I wanted to be sure because in Minox other scope products like the ZL series and ZE series, they recommend 15in/lbs. But in the ZP manual there's nothing about torque values.

I never go above 20 in/lbs...and usually stay at 18 in/lbs...never had an issue...now with ARC rings...you need to go 50-55in/lbs...

Reactions: Steel+Killer
I never go above 20 in/lbs...and usually stay at 18 in/lbs...never had an issue...now with ARC rings...you need to go 50-55in/lbs...

That's why I was curious, because in there other product lines (ZL and ZE) which are cheaper scopes with 30mm tubes compared to the ZP line but they said 13-15in/lbs on ring screws for them (or you void their warranty). Why would they mention that in one of their products manuals and not all of them? In the ZP line they just say "follow manufacturers recommendations for mounting".

This 100% you do not need to go above 20 in/lbs. I go 20 in/lbs on all my scopes and I never have a problem. You go above 20 in/lbs and you will start binding up your parallax. Ask me how I know......LOL

This 100% you do not need to go above 20 in/lbs. I go 20 in/lbs on all my scopes and I never have a problem. You go above 20 in/lbs and you will start binding up your parallax. Ask me how I know......LOL

Yup...zero need to go above it...if its on an AR with .223/5.56 I only go to 15 in/lbs....308 or above...I got to 18 in/lbs...

Reactions: Steel+Killer