• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox zp5

I wish Minox would make a 30mm version of the ZP5 3-15x50 like Tangent Theta does with the TT315M and TT315H. I emailed Minox and they replied that there's nothing in the plans for that. Bummer. They do have a 3-15x56 SFP hunter scope I may look at.
Yep, a 30 mm tube 3-15, 44-50 mm objective, with the THLR reticle would be just about ideal for a hunting/crossover scope, as long as the weight was reasonable (their quoted weight difference between the current 3-15 x 56 and the 5-25 x 56 is only 50 grams / 2 oz).

Reactions: jh2785
Yep, a 30 mm tube 3-15, 44-50 mm objective, with the THLR reticle would be just about ideal for a hunting/crossover scope, as long as the weight was reasonable (their quoted weight difference between the current 3-15 x 56 and the 5-25 x 56 is only 50 grams / 2 oz).
Yes their 3-15 SFP hunting scope is on the heavy side

I wish Minox would make a 30mm version of the ZP5 3-15x50 like Tangent Theta does with the TT315M and TT315H. I emailed Minox and they replied that there's nothing in the plans for that. Bummer. They do have a 3-15x56 SFP hunter scope I may look at.
Yeah I think they have put all r&d efforts to the blaser branded hunting scopes after they were bought out. They prettt much keep the minox name around from shits and giggles. Not a lot of production effort made there anymore from what I gather. Built to order almost for the us market at least.

All my main guns either have pmiis or zp5 on them anymore. I think they are about the best for the price, especially used. Recent got a 5-25 pmii to compare. Think the contrast and res is a piss better on the pmii but the zp5 has no tunneling and a better eye box and better depth of field. As long as you have a good zp5 that tracks I think it’s a better bet depending on what you are doing with it. Although I do think the pmii is a better looking scope for sure and gives you a little more confidence in hand with the controls and build quality.
IMG_0452.jpeg

Reactions: Dobermann
anyone backorder a zp5 lately? curious if the quality control is getting better or worse with the whole blaser thing with the tracking. i moved my zp5 to my brx hunting rifle and bought a 5-25 pmii but the tunnel effect is a real pain in the ass hunting inside 100 yards. the zp5 fov is great at 5x and i love it. i was thinking about selling the pmii and ordering another zp5 or a steiner 3-18 t5xi but idk how much glass im giving up with the t6. im sure to most guys out there it might not be so much of a difference. just concerned about eye fatigue with a shorter design like the stiener? anyone have a zp5 and a t6 to compare? haha

anyone backorder a zp5 lately? curious if the quality control is getting better or worse with the whole blaser thing with the tracking. i moved my zp5 to my brx hunting rifle and bought a 5-25 pmii but the tunnel effect is a real pain in the ass hunting inside 100 yards. the zp5 fov is great at 5x and i love it. i was thinking about selling the pmii and ordering another zp5 or a steiner 3-18 t5xi but idk how much glass im giving up with the t6. im sure to most guys out there it might not be so much of a difference. just concerned about eye fatigue with a shorter design like the stiener? anyone have a zp5 and a t6 to compare? haha
Steiners have had issues reported with less-than-durable occulars, fwiw ...

I have a couple of ZP5 5-25’s and a T6Xi 3-18. What would you like to know?

I don’t notice any eye fatigue when using the Steiner. It’s a great stubby little scope and feels tightly built. No tunneling. Turrets are just passable but the adjustments are repeatable. I feel like the sweet spot for it is between 8 and 15 power, but that’s because of the MSR2 reticle. Mine does have some CA that is not present in my ZP5’s but I don’t notice it in the woods, more so at the range on bright targets. Overall I think it’s a great mid-priced, mid range optic. I’m considering buying another one.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
I have a couple of ZP5 5-25’s and a T6Xi 3-18. What would you like to know?

I don’t notice any eye fatigue when using the Steiner. It’s a great stubby little scope and feels tightly built. No tunneling. Turrets are just passable but the adjustments are repeatable. I feel like the sweet spot for it is between 8 and 15 power, but that’s because of the MSR2 reticle. Mine does have some CA that is not present in my ZP5’s but I don’t notice it in the woods, more so at the range on bright targets. Overall I think it’s a great mid-priced, mid range optic. I’m considering buying another one.
How close is the overall image quality? I have a zp5 on my hunting rifle. It’s a big scope that isn’t 100% Make sense on it but I love the image quality and turrets. Just wonder if a 3-18 could be a better fit. How close is the steiner in image quality ?

How close is the overall image quality? I have a zp5 on my hunting rifle. It’s a big scope that isn’t 100% Make sense on it but I love the image quality and turrets. Just wonder if a 3-18 could be a better fit. How close is the steiner in image quality ?
It doesn’t resolve details as well as the ZP5’s, but there aren’t many scopes that can. I do remember it having a better IQ than a Leupold 3.6-18 I checked out. I can nitpick on anything given enough time and use, but I have no complaints on the image quality, other than some annoying CA if I’m not centered behind the optic. But for what I paid for it through Liberty Optics, it’s great. The sum of its parts make for a good total package. The low light performance is also really good.

I would think it would be a much better fit for any hunting rifle than the big Minox. It isn’t a lightweight scope though, it’s chunky.

It doesn’t resolve details as well as the ZP5’s, but there aren’t many scopes that can. I do remember it having a better IQ than a Leupold 3.6-18 I checked out. I can nitpick on anything given enough time and use, but I have no complaints on the image quality, other than some annoying CA if I’m not centered behind the optic. But for what I paid for it through Liberty Optics, it’s great. The sum of its parts make for a good total package. The low light performance is also really good.

I would think it would be a much better fit for any hunting rifle than the big Minox. It isn’t a lightweight scope though, it’s chunky.
Yeah the zp5 it’s a bangin scope. It’s just a Hubble haha. Moved a 5-25 pmii on my longe range rig thinking I would like it better but I don’t think I can live with the damn tunnel effect and when I blind hunt with it. Might be time to either move my zp5 back on it or buy another.

Last edited:

It’s the size of a little league baseball bat lol. Dang nice scope though.

• Haha