• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mission BBQ

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I went here today. Having lived in Texas for some 20 years, Im a pretty good judge of BBQ. For me its slow smoked brisket, a minimum of 12 hours. Pork is for North Carolina slop.

So I tried the brisket plate. Id give it a 'B', not near the best you get in Texas, or in your back yard smoker, but ok. I think they coooked it at a bit too high a temp. and for a shorter time. Real smoked brisket takes time. They also have pork, chicken, and a nice addition which I will try next time, BBQ shrimp. What did impress me is the service, and the list of great organizations they support. Id recommend giving it a try.

mission-bbq.com

They are local to me. I've eaten there quite a few times. As far as MD BBQ goes it's pretty good, not much else commercial compares in the area. The last I ate there I got the flu afterwards and threw up pulled pork...havent been back since. Just not ready for that taste again yet. I'd like to see them push something other than WWP hard though.

There is a mission BBQ in Virginia. Its one one of the best places to eat at around Norfolk. Ask the locals where a good place to eat is, they will say Mission BBQ

I tried the one in Richmond a couple of years ago and was unimpressed. Much better independents around.

Can you make a recommendation? And remember, for me its down to smoked brisket, no pork.

We've got a place down my way that kills it, but that's a stretch for you.
    That's Risin' Smoke in South Hill.
    Buz and Ned's in Richmond always gets good reviews.
    If you're down towards Lynchburg Pok-E-Joe's is on point.

Reactions: Maggot
    This place in TX is one of my favorites

Hard Eight

I used to go to the one in Coppell whenever I was there

Looks good. The best restaurant grade Ive had was in a little joint in Corpus Christi named 'Howard's'. Small operation but he's been around since 1949 and knows how to do it right and a great name. Most highly recommended.

Home - Howards BBQ
    howards-bbq.com
    WELCOME TO HOWARD’S BBQ AND CATERING. Serving South Texas since 1949, Howard’s BBQ and Catering is family owned and operated. ... Corpus Christi, TX 78401 Monday ...

Any of you Texas guys ever been to Franklin’s? Guy on pitmasters owns it?