• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MISSOURI: NEW RANGE! 1100 Yards. Steel Tactical Match 7 & 14 June

We are on the eve of this shoot! I am looking forward to seeing what you guys can bring.

Buzz has generously donated a 1987 Dime for the high scoring shooter of the day.

I was so close to walking away with that 1987 Dime but I'm happy with second place. It was a great time and thanks for all of the hospitality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I forgot to pickup my winnings. Is someone going to drop that dime in the mail? :)

Thanks for putting on the match! Had a great time hanging out with everyone. I hope you do it again soon.

Last edited:
Shakezoola came in and stole the show. Someone is gonna have to get this guy under control....damn ringer. Pro's shoot in the Precision Rifle Series sir....NOT LOCAL AMATEUR MATCHES!!!

web_lol_guy_meme_rage_face_kissen_plush_cushion.jpg

On a serious note it was a fun match and some really great people showed up. Buzz and the guys run a fun, light hearted match and the owner and his wife were awesome and very welcoming.....especially those great tacos for lunch, thank you.

Anyone in the area needs to check this place out.....very nice facility......I look forward to the next one.

I wish I was good enough to call myself a Pro. :(

I usually get my ass kicked at the PRS matches, so I know my place. Just need to keep practicing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Besides, if anyone there was considered pro, that would be Lofty.

Last edited:
Well how did it go? Any pics?

I second that! How many entered? What was the flavor (ie caliber, glass, etc) of the day? What was the winner's build? Details please!

winning build

The rifle that won was built by GA Precision on a Rem 700 Action.

It has a PTG fluted bolt with M16 extractor and Badger bolt knob.

26" Bartlein barrel GAP#7 contour w/ flutes and threaded for suppressor

Chambered in 6mm Creedmoor

Timney 517 Trigger

Rock Solid Stock (Orange)

TBAC 30p1 Suppressor

Bushnell Elite ERS scope with G2 reticle (attachment shows DMR scope, but has been replaced with ERS)

Shooting the Berger 105 Hybrids @ 3097fps

There was someone there taking a bunch of pics. Hopefully he'll post some soon. For now, enjoy a pic of the rifle.

x8ItZtpl.jpg

The orange is awesome. I have plenty of rifles in black and OD green. I saw the orange one in the shop and couldn't pass it up. I shot in a match earlier this year with Todd Reynolds (owner of Rock Solid Stocks) and he said that he has only made 3 this color and his son has one of them. So there is another orange one floating around out there.

Nice looking rifle and thank you for sharing! In the future I think I see a bet between you two where loser has to paint their rifle in pink or rainbow colors.

It's not orange but here is what I took second place with. It is a LaRue OBR that I switched over to a 6.5 Creedmoor and the optic is a Schmidt & Bender with a Horus H37 reticle. The setup works well for multiple target engagement at varying ranges. I think it's a good competition setup, I just wish I could run it better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403136647.470077.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403136647.470077.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 16
Dont worry your pretty little head about it.......I am taking steps to even the playing field.

I am going to bend your barrel.

It's not orange but here is what I took second place with. It is a LaRue OBR that I switched over to a 6.5 Creedmoor and the optic is a Schmidt & Bender with a Horus H37 reticle. The setup works well for multiple target engagement at varying ranges. I think it's a good competition setup, I just wish I could run it better.

Nice looking rifle sir! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I just found a 1987 dime in my pocket!

We probably ought to put it to good use. If Brian hasn't changed his mind, we had discussed having another Public Match on Saturday, August 9th. I will talk to Brian and confirm the date and make a new posting early next month.

I am thinking that Hagerty and I can open a can of whoop-ass on shakezoola and Lofty without even breaking a sweat....are you guys up to the challenge? Considering Hagerty is a Navy guy, its kinda like having one hand tied behind my back.... but it ought to be a piece of cake against two city boys from KC.

Hope to see lots of you guys there.

Cheers,

Buzz

p.s. great shooting, jimmy, zach, jeff and others

Last edited:
Sounds great Buzz but I don't know how well Jimmy will handle things if I can't throw the match for him.

Looks like I will be doing all the heavy lifting.

It seems as though you did ok last weekend.

Those are really cool pictures. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm really mad I didn't make that one.....

The pictures are great! I now have a new screen saver.

Sean you ruined me for sure, all I could think about today at work was getting back out and shooting! Thanks for all the help.
Also thanks for posting those photos for me Sean. And glad everybody likes them.
I guess I should also say hey to snipers hide, being this is my first post.
Justin

It was all my pleasure Justin. I was pretty impressed by your steel smacking abilities.

I wont be able to make it back out there until late next week, but I will let you know once I figure out a date.

Sean

Wow finally stumbled across a nice range in MO. May have to make the trip from STL.