• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missouri: Rolling Hills DOPE Day/Steel Match, Saturdays, August 9th/16th

riffraff

Sergeant
Minuteman
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:

DOPE Day - Saturday, August 9th, 9AM - 3PM

STEEL TACTICAL MATCH – Saturday, August 16th, 10AM -3PM

Shooters -

Missouri's premier new 1100 yard steel tactical range is called Rolling Hills Rifle and Pistol Club. It is the best steel tactical range within hundreds of miles. It is located 12 miles west of Camdenton, MO.

Rolling Hills features:

Ranges up to 1100 yards for rifle, pistol and carbine
40 steel targets from 250 to 1100 yards
A paper range with hangers from 100 to 400 yards
Short and medium range paper and steel targets for pistol and rimfire
Climate controlled clubhouse
Covered firing positions, barricades, benches and other unique firing
supports
Open seven days a week for members. Memberships are $275 annually.
Members receive 12 'Guest Passes' per year...bring your friends!
Frequent 'Members Only' matches

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:

To showcase this exciting new facility and encourage people to sign up for a membership, we will host two more public events.

DOPE Day on Saturday, August 9th from 9AM - 3PM. This will be an informal range session to sight in your rifles and build a DOPE chart. Help will be available for any 'newbies'.....come on out.

Steel Tactical match on Saturday, August 11th at 10AM. There will be numerous stages to test your skill from 225 to 1100 yards. Come on out and enjoy this challenging match in a fun and friendly setting. Are you a 'newbie'?....don't worry, everyone pitches in to help newcomers learn the sport and develop their skills!

BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND WATER FOR EACH EVENT.....soft drinks and snacks are available in the clubhouse as well.

Fee is $30 per event.

COME JOIN THE FUN!

Our Location: https://goo.gl/maps/K2QEy

Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/rhrpc

To get a membership now, contact Brian at: [email protected]

Ammo: Bring 50+ rounds just to make sure you have enough. Most stages allow an unlimited round count, limited by time.

Restrictions: .30 caliber max, 3100 fps muzzle velocity speed limit, no steel or steel core ammo (m855, Russian ammo, etc.) ….help keep our steel targets in good shape!

CATEGORIES (Tactical Rifleman's League):

Open
Limited (800 yards max for scoring)
MilSpec (800 yards max for scoring)
GasGun (600 yards max for .223 scoring, 800 yards max for other calibers)

Average Distances:

Open: 470.13 yards, 38 rounds
Limited/MilSpec: 395.91 yards, 33 rounds
.223 Gas Gun: 350.51 yards, 29 rounds

The range through a spotting scope:

e6edara3.jpg

Platform:

rh200.JPG

P1030741.JPG

Layout:

rh131.png

IMG_0245b_1.jpg

IMG_0179_1.jpg

Last edited:
My brother got second place at the last one of these matches so it must be a really easy match........hahaha, just kidding. This is a great range and I'm going to try to make it to this one. I hope my new 6.5 creedmoor is finished in time to get some solid dope before then.

Absolutely. We will brief at 10AM. Bring your own lunch and water. There are some snacks and soft drinks available in the clubhouse.

And don't forget DOPE Day on Saturday August 9th.... we will start that one at 9AM, and the range is open until 3PM.

Here is the COF for the match on the 16th:

rh401_001.png

rh402.png

rh403.png

Brian has done some good work on the main shooting platform....bigger and more stable, looks and works great. If the turnout is not too large, Brian built a new cargo net barricade that we might run a stage on, or on the ever-popular Stairway to Heaven....we will see.

rh404.png

Last edited:
Sean it was good to see you at the range Friday. Thanks for letting me shoot your clay pigeon at 575 yards. That was some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to see if I can get off work for next Saturday.

I wish I could say it was mine. They were hanging there when I showed up. You did have a nice hit on it.

Your son, Lukas (?) was doing pretty good pulling triggers too.

Ill see you next time we shoot.

Sean

Yeah I saw the stuff first hand. You can't find a range like this anywhere near here. I love it!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah I cant wait for this. Don't know if I am gonna make it the 16th, but lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there Sat.

No need to pre-register, just come on out. DOPE Day is this Saturday....it is a great chance for a relaxing day on the range, shooting at your own pace. Next Saturday is the match, and it will be a hoot. See you there.

I have to work this Saturday so I can't make it.

Just for shits and giggles I am going to bring my Sharps Long Range Express 45-90 with some black powder loads with 535gr bullets for people to play with if time permits.

I am limited on the amount of ammo I have loaded, but my intent is to wheel the sight up to 1200 (to allow for the big bullet) and try to ring the steel at 1100.

Weather is looking great for DOPE Day tomorrow...high temp of 90 degrees, and very light winds. We hope to see a lot of you there.

*****IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR OUR MATCH NEXT SATURDAY, AUGUST 16TH: *****

Our Corporate Sponsors (Sean and Buzz) have decided to donate a bevy of fabulous prizes to attract the top tier of shooters from around the country (or at least from Arkansas). Feast your eyes on this bounty:

twinkies-ftr.jpg

hostess-cupcakes.jpg

ss.jpg

la-dd-nestles-new-butterfinger-cup-20131018-001.jpg"

Yes, the top four shooters will choose from the table in the order of their finish. No other precision match has a prize table like this.

Don't miss out on this fabulous opportunity. Come compete for the things worth having....Honor, Glory, Twinkies.

Can't wait to get some time to come out and use my new membership!

Its on now that I've seen the prize table. Those twinkies are coming home with me......... well they may not make it all the way home. lol

Well DOPE day was great and the RO/spotters were fantastic!!! Buzz is a very patient host and really helped 3 long range newbies out. The 2 guys that came with me shooting the mags walked away with heads the size of the Goodyear Blimp after ringing the steel way out there their first time out.
Yesterday showed me the capabilities and weaknesses in my gear as well as myself. It's time to upgrade my glass, as the scope mysteriously dialed in windage on its own.

Heck ya, twinkies or a snickers with a bite taken out of it, count me in on some of that action.

You know I'm going to be super pissed if I win and you don't pay up.

The Twinkies are safely tucked away in my gun safe, 90 miles away from Sean Hagerty, who is known to have poor impulse control. They will arrive in pristine condition Saturday morning.

I am buying another pair of Twinkies for our post-match side match.....'closest to the dot' at 800 yards. Bring your 'A' game, guys.

I am bringing a third pair of Twinkies as a personal challenge to Sean at 800 yards. I intend to win, and eat them in front of Sean while he cries like a little girl...

LoL...... Sounds like this shaping up to be a fun match.

A few of us city stickers from KC will be making the trip down for next Saturday.

Look forward to it.

Payout

You know I'm going to be super pissed if I win and you don't pay up.

Don't hold your breath.

I'm still waiting on someone to pay out on the last match. I believe two dimes are still owed to me. I'll be collecting them this Saturday.

To all: We put out an emergency requisition today for more Twinkies to replace those lost in this tragic accident. They are scheduled to arrive by Brinks truck Friday afternoon, so don't fret, the prize table will be made whole again.

Sean Hagerty also stepped up to the challenge by graciously donating one LOW-MILEAGE HOTDOG from his lunch yesterday for our prize table....this thing will go QUICK !!!

Hot%20dog.JPG

THANK YOU, SEAN !!! ....we call him 'Mr Magnanimous'

This thing just keeps getting better all the time. Come out tomorrow and join the fun.

p.s. Shakezoola: we have THREE dimes with your name on them ready to award you tomorrow...I just hope Sean didn't sweat all over them.

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath.

I'm still waiting on someone to pay out on the last match. I believe two dimes are still owed to me. I'll be collecting them this Saturday.

Buzz and I discussed this and felt terrible this prize did not get distributed. We decided to put together a medallion that not only includes the two dimes, but interest accrued since the time this would have been awarded. We will try to present this tomorrow.

IMAG0252.jpg

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Are we going to be shooting in the rain or will it be cancelled?

This was a great match. I had a ton of fun and look what I walked away from the prize table with.
edaba2yb.jpg

Last edited:
We had a blast today, if you were scared off by the rain, you missed it. It was a rain free day once we went hot.

We had some shooters that were showing their stuff today, with Ken Lin taking top honors. He even got first blood on his scope.

After the match, we had several side matches/ challenges that turned into a lot of fun. we shot several closest to the dot comps, that were well received by all.

Of Course there was a challenge thrown down, that Buzz and I would kick some KC Butt, which we did. I could expound on this significantly, but we won, they lost. NANANANANANANANANANANANANAAA.

Twinkies and Ho-Ho's were handed out to the winners. Justin took a buttload of pics, and we will get these posted as they become available.

It was great to see everyone again. If/when we get another one of these scheduled, we will make sure to get the word out.

Sean

Great meeting everyone at the match today. Buzz and Sean it was good seeing you guys again and thanks for everything. Sorry we were late next time i'll know how far out of town Brians place is! I was very pleased with a 4th place finish considering i was shooting a bone stock factory rifle even got a cupcake out of the deal lol. Maybe I can put some faces with some of these other screen names but i'd probably have better luck knowing you guys by your rifles, i'm terrible with names.

Thanks Sean and Buzz for for running another great competition, working on the photos now should be done within a day.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408309197.128004.jpg