• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Missuori Breaks

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
004.jpg

Looking west towards the Musselshell. Gotta love the Breaks!!

Re: Missuori Breaks

We've got a little tract of land out there in Petroleum County, NE of Cat Creek about 10 miles. Love it out there.

Img_6945.jpg

Img_7011.jpg

Img_6969.jpg

Img_6963.jpg

Img_7003.jpg

Awesome pic! Man that's some pretty country. I wish I would have stopped by there when I traveled for work in MT.

Sounds like a good place for me.All I see is ocean, concrete,cars, and people.

Have hunting in the breaks a few times. Have seen some of the biggest elk in my life up their. One of my friends even drew a tag for the place and killed a 350+ bull within the first 15 minutes of hunting season. Wife drew a tag the following year and guess what... it took 2 hours.

The missouri break bighorn sheep tag may be the most sought after sheep tag in north america. They grow some giants there. The terrain is beautiful and not as damanding as alot of other places where a bighorn tag is available. It is pretty much my dream hunt!

my father drew that tag this past season and killed a nice ram up in there, i been away for a few years, but used to bowhunt that often for elk. hows the water doing, a few springs ago you couldnt even lauch a boat from forshet bay

PGS, why, Oh why, did you make me start wondering about drawing tags, and super tags, and......shit. Ruined for the day now.

Fuck, way to make me homesick.

I burned a lotta boot leather fixing fence in these breaks as a kid...and Lord willing will do it again when I retire.
pasture_breaks2.jpg

pasture_breaks.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice country.What kind of game do you see? </div></div>
Last I heard, disease has wiped everything out
laugh.gif

The water level has come up a lot. Not back to where it was in the past but you can put a boat in at the Hell Creek Marina again and from what I hear the Walleye fishing is unreal right now.

Those are beautiful pictures. My boss’s family homesteaded in Winifred. There is still a little of his family there. I have got to tag along on a couple of hunts and cattle drives. It is a great place if you know the land owners. I am sure I will go back soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures.