• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Mk 18 Mod 0 Build

Birddog1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Peyton, Colorado, USA
Finally received my tax stamp a couple of weeks ago, and Duracoat came right after. I hate black rifles!
grin.gif

Re: Mk 18 Mod 0 Build

Aussie, the tax stamp is for the short barreled rifle...to own a rifle with less than a 16" barrel is a process that requires you to pay a $200 tax (which goes on your original paperwork). He was able to legally handle the carbine once the paperwork was approved and in hand, thus allowing him to paint it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AussieSnipez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you need permission in the states to paint your rifles!???</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aussie, the tax stamp is for the short barreled rifle...to own a rifle with less than a 16" barrel is a process that requires you to pay a $200 tax (which goes on your original paperwork). He was able to legally handle the carbine once the paperwork was approved and in hand, thus allowing him to paint it.</div></div>

I think Aussie may have been referring to just painting a weapon in general and understands that the tax stamp is for SBRs.

The TTP for many criminals lately has been to paint their guns to look like toys. Cops may be more hesitant to pull the trigger on someone pointing a gun painted pink, orange, or any color that makes it look like a toy instead of a real gun.

I would imagine their are some states that have made painting a gun illegal to protect their officers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice looking weapons, what M&P is that, and who did the durcoat work, looks great, </div></div>

Ranger, it's the M&P 9L (long slide), with an Arredondo mag extension. I did the Duracoat myself; there are a few examples of the work I've done on here. Thanks for the compliments.

No worries, thanks for answering that. There must be some real bastards over there. No wonder the coppers get a bit hair triggered at times!

In Australia Toy weapons must have a RED end cap fitted to the barrel to identify it otherwise you can be charged with an offence as if it is a real one!

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Those</span> are <span style="font-weight: bold">quite nice</span></span>!!!
grin.gif

Tony