• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK machine fail, on throw lever

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
I have an Atacr nightforce and purhcased a polymer throw lever. After half a summer of some matches, the lever just will not hold. Constantly slipping. Is their aluminum one better.

Is there a better throw lever out there.

Thanks for any in sight.

I will reach out to him. I have read nothing but good things. I went the cheap route and should have just purchased the metal one.

I will reach out to him

Do you realize that it's a pretty big dick move to come here (or any public forum) to complain about a product BEFORE giving the maker/seller an opportunity to help you?

How would you like it if you were in business making a product and your dissatisfied customers told the world that your products suck before telling you?

First of all I have been around for a while. I understand how this works. Secondly, read what I wrote, I was simply asking if the metal one was better. In other words, I was looking to spend more money with the company. Also looking to see if anyone else had a problem with this particular product or was it me. Lastly the whole entire point of this web site is information, which I am in the process of obtaining. They make these things called reviews, every single consumer in the world uses them. People leave feedback all the time, negative or positive. This allows the manufacture to A. Reach out to the guest, B Make any changes needed to their product. They are in itself public information. So I guess I actually do understand how this works. I was NOT looking for them to make the product better or right. I bought something, it did not work for me. I am looking to purchase something better. Either from them or someone else. Do you overreact to everything in your life like this? I mean truly, if you really thought it was a dick move and did not want to be an attention-seeking little bitch, you would have PMed this information. But instead, here we are, your ass not being able to fully comprehend a post, and me having to dumb it down for you.

I have a MK polymer lever on a Razor AMG that doesn't stay very tight either. It isn't falling off but does wiggle back and forth. Tightening it down doesn't stop the wiggle.

Reactions: magtech
Hola folks, yep just reach out!

For smooth mag rings (say the Razor AMG mentioned) now all mag ring geometry is followed, including little nubs to lock in every groove.

ATACR would be similar, but haven't had one in the shop lately to alter the model.

Very, very few issues with our latest model/material, but always down for improvement. As far as is aluminum better, personal opinion not really. Durability is at best equal, no marring mag ring with poly.

All this being said, I've got some real nice equipment coming in shortly that is going to up the printing game bigtime. Hope you're ready for scopecaps that aren't $100!

I have a MK polymer lever on a Razor AMG that doesn't stay very tight either. It isn't falling off but does wiggle back and forth. Tightening it down doesn't stop the wiggle.

Send me a video pretty please. Are you sure this isn't the mag ring itself wiggling? Or just shoot me a PM with your mag ring diameter. Should be spot on 1.81, lever should be sized .025-.035" smaller.

Reactions: Prebanpaul
Send me a video pretty please. Are you sure this isn't the mag ring itself wiggling? Or just shoot me a PM with your mag ring diameter. Should be spot on 1.81, lever should be sized .025-.035" smaller.

It's going to be a few days before I can get to it.

And this kids, is how CS is done.

Nice job

Im curious on the scope caps. Was just about to order a set of aadlands for my hunting rig. 3-12 LRHS.
I will need 3 sets of caps.
May as well get some throw levers too....

Will be watching for updates

Same issue with the wiggling. I ended up with the Vortex Switchview SV-5 for my AMG and it has been rock solid.

For scopes with a little nub, like Athlons, Leicas, Tract's, the throw levers I have no problem with them.

I do find the Alu ones in general like switchview much thinner and compact which I like, and the fold down ones are nice too.

I have an Atacr nightforce and purhcased a polymer throw lever. After half a summer of some matches, the lever just will not hold. Constantly slipping. Is their aluminum one better.

Is there a better throw lever out there.

Thanks for any in sight.
I have a few of MKMs early printed throw levers. On one scope, the lever was loose, so I emailed Tyler to tell him. First, he responded to let me know that I could try heat curing the lever to make it shrink some so that it was a better fit. I did that and it worked. Second, without me asking, he sent me a new lever free.

As far as the heat curing process, it was a year or so ago so I don’t remember exactly, but I believe it was 200 or 250 degrees. I put it on a tray in the toaster oven for an hour or so at that temp. The ring shrank in diameter just right, allowing for a nice tight fit. No issues since.

Reactions: Prebanpaul
And this kids, is how CS is done.

Nice job

Im curious on the scope caps. Was just about to order a set of aadlands for my hunting rig. 3-12 LRHS.
I will need 3 sets of caps.
May as well get some throw levers too....

Will be watching for updates

I have a set of AAD caps for an AMG I'd sell. Frankly I don't like them. I think I bought every scope cap on the market for the AMG and in the end just lock wired the OEM Vortex caps on so they can't move.

MK does seam to have good CS.

Same issue with the wiggling. I ended up with the Vortex Switchview SV-5 for my AMG and it has been rock solid.

For scopes with a little nub, like Athlons, Leicas, Tract's, the throw levers I have no problem with them.

I do find the Alu ones in general like switchview much thinner and compact which I like, and the fold down ones are nice too.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not particularly in love with the profile of the polymer lever, it feel overly large and clunky. I ordered the Vortex lever to see if I like it any better.

Just put a wrap or two of electrical tape around the mag ring and tighten it back down.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not particularly in love with the profile of the polymer lever, it feel overly large and clunky. I ordered the Vortex lever to see if I like it any better.

FYI the Viper Gen II lever fits the AMG. We have em, cheaper than Vortex OEM and I'll let the quality speak for itself!

Reactions: littlepod
I have a set of AAD caps for an AMG I'd sell. Frankly I don't like them. I think I bought every scope cap on the market for the AMG and in the end just lock wired the OEM Vortex caps on so they can't move.

MK does seam to have good CS.

I use the vortex defender caps that came with the AMG, no problem there. I was trying to find a nice set of Tenebraex thread in, but they don't make one for the AMG (thread-in that is).

yeahhh gimme gimme them strike eagle 5-25 scope caps

will give me an excuse to order a parallax lever for it too

Reactions: Moe Ron
@Tyler Kemp
Where dem scope caps at😊
Got an Athlon Helos 8-34x56 on the way.
Gonna need some caps 🧢

why didn't you get it from me?!

they are awaiting spring testers that should arrive this week

cleanup.jpg

Throw a wrap or two of electrical tape on and reinstall the lever.

Just an FYI, take it or leave it. I e-mailed MK Machining yesterday about the same issue, and within 24 hours they are shipping me a replacement, free of charge.

I'm glad to see a thread basically titled "this company sucks ass" being filled with that company being very cool.

The only thing that sucks about Tyler is...he keeps making cool stuff that takes my money :)

Reactions: 1moaoff