• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK Machining - Terrible Customer Service

ShofarTactical

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2022
Houston
I purchased lens covers from MK Machining for a Vortex Razor 1-6. I received them and one of the covers doesn't fit. I called MK Machining and a lady answered. She stated she had recently heard from other customers that the cover doesn't fit. She asked me to measure the diopter and tell her the dimensions. My digital calipers were at my shop, so I couldn't give her measurements at that time.

I called a few days later with the measurements and spoke with a man. He informed me they had simply gone by the dimensions listed on Vortex's website and didn't actually test the product on the actual scope. He suggested I send it back to him and he would send me another one. He also stated they only cerakote once a week, so it would take time to get one back to me. There was no offer to pay for shipping, since this clearly wasn't my error. I told him I wasn't happy with how long this process was going to take, but he seemed unconcerned. In my opinion, when it's your mistake, you send one out to the customer immediately and send a shipping label to send the old one back.

Fast forward to now. MK Machining received the cover on 11/7, but I've yet to receive any communication from them, and I don't have a cover back. I've tried to call, but I get a recording that they're having phone issues and customers should email. I've emailed them, but I can't get a response. This is terrible customer service for a supposedly precision product that was never tested on the actual scope.

Reactions: Longuy and GeoDude
Dude. It's did you forget last week was thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Anyways. @Tyler Kemp, can you come clear the air?

I've dealt with Tyler a couple times and have the pleasure of meeting him at shot show. Very nice guy who takes pride in his work, he will get you lined out.

Hi All,
We have sent out many, many Razor caps without problem-I'm not sure of the exact issue here, but it sounds like it could be quickly solved with calipers.

I would like to spread some light on things:

1) We really do have phone issues-to expand production we just recently moved all inventory/assembly to a second location, and the internet provider really botched our service. Our phone is a VOIP system that runs through the internet.

2) We are responding to emails within a few business days, max. Most sooner than that. Some technical discussions get sent to Tony, particularly when they are above Darlene's head, who is the first line of customer support, and is also packing hundreds of orders a day.

3) Black Friday sales were tremendous this year. I really appreciate the number of customers that put faith in us-that being said it was far and above what we have had other years, and it's all hands on deck packing, picking, assembling, and while typically nearly every call is answered when our phone works, and emails are responded to within hours, it's not as feasible as I'd like it to be.

4) I am actively trying to find more employees (harder than it would seem), and we have over a million bucks of new equipment sitting here, just waiting on my utility company to deliver more power so we can bust out orders quicker.

5) We do one day a week of FDE cerakote, one day of ODG, and another day of outside client cerakote. I'm not a dedicated cerakote shop and it isn't feasible to spray all day, every day. I do have a job listing out for a dedicated cerakote employee though.

I care about customer service and have the utmost confidence in my crew. No one is ever treated disrespectfully, but often the tone is going to be set by initial customer interaction.

I hope this helps. OP, my personal cell is 573-220-9141 if you'd like to talk in person. Unknown numbers go to voicemail, so send me a text and I can call you.

They went above and beyond to help me with a throw lever that was slipping on my Razor. They sent me the newer "pro" style at no charge after a couple of emails. Met them in person at Shot show a couple of years ago. Nice couple that were there working the show.

I've used their cs and had ZERO issues, communication was excellent. Hope it all works out for ya.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I'll call you personally Tyler. I didn't want to go this route, but with no communication after 23 days, I wasn't sure what to do. For anyone claiming I'm "bitching" you really just need to evaluate whether what I'm writing is true or not. If it's true then it's poor customer service. If it's false then I'm bitching.

Reactions: Belton 45
I too have a great deal of respect for @Tyler Kemp and his company and have worked with him at one time on a very small product development (JAE modified grip) that IMO turned out great.

I too bought his scope caps...for a Mk5 5-25...and the ocular cap didn't fit. I can't remember the exact details but but after taking some caliper measurements, at the location where the cap would grip, Darlene took care of it and I got a diff sized cap. This was a bit of time ago and it was the same sort of thing....dimensions taken from scope manf drawings that were not utterly accurate for the specific location where the ocular cap goes.

They took care of it and I still use and like these caps a lot.

I also like Tyler and his company a lot and think they do a great job and are an asset to this forum.

Cheers

Thanksgiving and Black friday is a clusterfuck for companies like this so have patience and expect nothing in a timely manner.

Blasting a company on SH is sort of a last resort. You wont see many threads like this regarding MKM. They're pretty solid.

I'll call you personally Tyler. I didn't want to go this route, but with no communication after 23 days, I wasn't sure what to do. For anyone claiming I'm "bitching" you really just need to evaluate whether what I'm writing is true or not. If it's true then it's poor customer service. If it's false then I'm bitching.
Not quite -

If it's true, then there could be circumstances affecting their CS capabilities (which is apparently the case as the Tyler mentioned) that are beyond their control. Perhaps read the room a bit before blasting them on this particular forum.

If it's false, then you're not bitching - you're outright slandering a company.

Choose your written words and phrasing carefully.

Not quite -

If it's true, then there could be circumstances affecting their CS capabilities (which is apparently the case as the Tyler mentioned) that are beyond their control. Perhaps read the room a bit before blasting them on this particular forum.

If it's false, then you're not bitching - you're outright slandering a company.

Choose your written words and phrasing carefully.
I chose my words carefully. I stand by them.

• Haha
Reactions: nn8734
I spoke with Tyler and we had a good conversation. He is going to expedite the process to get me a cap. I do understand extenuating circumstances regarding business operations. I won't go into all the matters further, since we've resolved it, but we both agreed that things could have been done better. Thank you Tyler for calling me back and resolving the issue.

Reactions: Baron23
Funny how the owner was sure quick to contact him once it was brought public. Clearly his phone works fine now, should’ve used it to return calls a lot sooner. No matter how shitty customer service is . The fan boys on here come running. It’s truly comical. Of course should the shoe be on the other foot . They would be the first to bitch. Fact is 23 days without any feedback is terrible customer service. Trying to justify it makes you look ridiculous.
Agreed. The nut huggers come out in full force for defense….

Agreed. The nut huggers come out in full force for defense….
They’re nut huggers for sharing all the positive experiences they’ve had with a small business owner trying to manage an expanding business. Hmmmm
I guess I better hug up because I’ve also had nothing but positive experiences and great communication with MKM employees including Tyler.
Sounds more like a one off here. That’s the point. People are gonna read this thread for years to come potentially…and likely resurrect it like Lazarus 5 years from now like they always do 🤣

They’re nut huggers for sharing all the positive experiences they’ve had with a small business owner trying to manage an expanding business. Hmmmm
I guess I better hug up because I’ve also had nothing but positive experiences and great communication with MKM employees including Tyler.
Sounds more like a one off here. That’s the point. People are gonna read this thread for years to come potentially…and likely resurrect it like Lazarus 5 years from now like they always do 🤣
I'll remove the thread shortly. I wanted the people who'd seen this to have a chance to see it had been resolved.

I'll remove the thread shortly. I wanted the people who'd seen this to have a chance to see it had been resolved.
You don’t have the ability to delete threads as you’re too new. It will remain….

Glad you got it all squared away. I have had good experiences with Tyler in the past. He is GTG. It just sounds like a series of events that occurred.

I bought a new scope & Billet Level from MK Machine during the BF Sale, and have emailed with both Darlene and Tony, so I knew it was an A-Holes and Elbows Drill on top of the telephone Fiasco. ( ATT Business VOIP Blows Donkey Dicks ! DAMHIK... )
I'm hoping that I'll get my scope before Christmas.

This thread
27E54CC5-E537-4202-9305-0C355E2E6B5F.jpeg

I got a deal on an MKM grip from @Tyler Kemp for black Friday. Can’t wait to get it in. Throw levers I’ve bought in the pst have also been great.

The biggest week of retail was last week, every business gets a pass for a week or two after that week!

I have dealt with MK a few times, always fair and straight up. Not a nut hugger just a guy who is happy to find a business that understands customer service

+1 never had any issues with MK , tyler has been great

I can vouch for the CS being good. Had a throw lever break, not sure how or what happened(likely the extreme cold, and being tossed in the truck). Shot off a quick email, with pictures of the pieces, the came back looking for a mailing address. Not long after I had a new one. So I was impressed.

I’ve known Tyler for over a decade through another forum I was a very prominent member on (different username), before the whiney bitch owner decided his nut-swingers feelings were more important than facts. FF to now, we’re still on good terms, and never had anything negative to say. 👍🏼

I’ve known Tyler for over a decade through another forum I was a very prominent member on (different username), before the whiney bitch owner decided his nut-swingers feelings were more important than facts. FF to now, we’re still on good terms, and never had anything negative to say. 👍🏼
That's funny right there...Calling yourself a "very prominent member " . Praise should come from others, that is when it may mean something .

That's funny right there...Calling yourself a "very prominent member " . Praise should come from others, that is when it may mean something .
I don’t use the same username, maybe 5 people here know who I am. And I don’t mean prominent as in “well-liked”…I meant prominent as in well-known. I was daily-active on there for over 12 years. There is a huge difference between liked and known.

And the word has several meanings. Don’t pick the one that fits your idiocy, just to try to take some stupid “shot” at someone. Don’t break your own fucking arm trying to jerk yourself off… 🙄🤦🏼

And I don’t mean prominent as in “well-liked”…I meant prominent as in well-known. I was daily-active on there for over 12 years. There is a huge difference between liked and known.
5EACE00A-0349-4E43-BAF1-1F8F58D6A2AB.gif

Preach

Reactions: FuhQ
New account, 4 posts, Bitching about one of the most respected vendors on this site (Who has personally gone above and beyond for me and many others) becuase its taking a little longer than he wants.

Yea bro, we dont give a fuck.
Well I've been here for 13 years and my experience wasn't much better.

I sent Tyler my Sig Kilo3000 back in June to scan for his scope caps since they are not quite perfectly round. Understood it would take "a couple weeks"
No big deal, I have Kilo10k that I use for matches.
By Sept I still hadn't heard anything so I reached out.
No big deal, they got busy with contract work. I get it.
Emails from one of their designers never got actually sent TO ME, it was forwarded internally.
No big deal, engineers aren't customer service reps. Apparently email is hard.
Mid October, email saying mine were done, and confirming that I wanted to buy a 2nd set as well as some other product.
End of Oct, notified that they made changes to the one design they posted online. I asked to see new design, no response.
Early Nov, again, told that designer's email wasn't actually sent to me, apologized, but said my caps were lost.
By then I was getting a little on the grumpy side that I hadn't at least gotten my Kilo3000 back, not even full blown pissed yet.
They shipped my Kilo3000's back without the box or original Sig pouch I sent for padding.
I sent Tyler an email directly asking to please look at the shop for the box and oem pouch, and never got a reply.
I was told they would ship my caps out as soon as they were ready and now it's Dec 2nd and I still haven't heard anything or seen caps from a process that was started in June.
And yeah, I still have the email trail.
At this point, I'm OK buying product from them, but I'll never ship them anything again.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG