• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK11 Mod 1 Clones

M700Shooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Arlington, VA
Who do you thinks builds the best MK11 Mod 1 clone? I have a SR25 and URX II forend. I would need to have a barrel profileed, chambered, and installed with the URX forend.

I'm inclined to go with GAP,, but, I wanted to see what your opinions were.

Re: MK11 Mod 1 Clones

I believe someone posted their Mk11 Mod1 clone here before and it was done through GA Precision. I think their base rifle was a LW Match SR-25 that came with the URX II. They just added the appropriate GB/barrel/FH for the clone.

I did a google search, but could not find the post I am referring too.

High Caliber Sales builds the most authentic clones available.

I'm not sure if High caliber will do the MK11/SR25 variant clone. And it was my understanding that the guys at GAP don't care for working on KAC rifles.

Get ahold of KevinB from KAC who is a member here, M4Carbine, Silencertalk. Either him or Casey from Lawmen's Supply. Both are great guys and very helpful. I have no doubt they will steer you in the right direction.

Depending on what you have, have you considered selling what you have (as they retain their value well) and picking up an SR25 EM...which is pretty much right between a MK11 and an M110?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure if High caliber will do the MK11/SR25 variant clone. </div></div>

I got my Mk's mixed up there for a minute. I was thinking the OP was wanting a Mk12.

I wouldn't trust anybody other than Ga Precision they have extensive experience with the sr25 platform and have done couple of m110 clones. As of my rifle, they did the work on it, they build a special threaded sleave in order to instal the m110 flashhider due to the barrel profile.There is not many out about this rifle they were only 180 hybrid rifles built for the Marines using the mk11 mod 0 marked lower with parts of the new m110 upper. Had the opportunity to see this package at the KAC museum and its awesome.Any KAC will retain its value and they are exeptional firearms.They were only 40 civilian packages sold with stainless barrel intended for competiton and were the only ones marked mk11 mod 1. Here is my rifle thread with pics, also with the correct Premier reticle equipped S&B scope. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...044#Post2481044
other related pics
usmcmk11.jpg

usmsmk11.jpg

video reference
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=37f_1311883660

Here is the updated pic of it, will be posting new ones on the upcomming days from the base.
2011-05-13022158.jpg

titom110's clone was the one I was referring to earlier.

Here is my (1 of 40) MK11 Mod 1's with Obermeyer SS barrel that I had transformed into a USMC (REPR) M110 "clone" which comes issued to the Marines with the Premier glass.

DSC_0503-1.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

WOW teuflhunden, that is one fine looking rifle, definately one to be proud of. You better shoot the shit out of it, if not send it my way.

Do I even want to know what the price tag was?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@Teufelhunden = Road 88 range? </div></div>

You got it...Ocala National Forest 100yd range

I just go there to get a zero for new glass and on this particular day to try out the new M110 can that just got blessed by BATFE.

Now..back to the OP's question of cloning a MK11 Mod 1.
Hope you are inspired!!!

HPIM0990.jpg

HPIM0987.jpg

DPMS Upper, Lower, bolt and carrier. KAC gas block, handguard, sights and trigger.
GAP can built a heck of a rifle.

Pat

Several of the rifles in this thread seem to have their scopes mounted very high above the bore, how is your guys cheek welds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several of the rifles in this thread seem to have their scopes mounted very high above the bore, how is your guys cheek welds?</div></div>
=natural point of aim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several of the rifles in this thread seem to have their scopes mounted very high above the bore, how is your guys cheek welds?</div></div>
=natural point of aim. </div></div>

Ok that makes a little more sense, having never fired a MK11 it looked like it would be a little akward!

The very best clone is the KAC MK11 Mod1 sent to Casey at Lawmens for color change. Yea, I know there were only 40 of those rifles available, but it is "the best" clone.

I agree the m110 repr clone is a beauty,i was thinking on doing the same but the finish offered by casey was ceracoat which is not the original finish on the M110, their production M110s are still using KG guncote except the M110 carbine which is ceracoat, thats why i went with the original version of the clone that where 180 built and seem to me more controversial.

I looked and when I called GAP a year or so ago, they weren't interested in doing that. I could have bought their rifle and just put the stock and handguard on it had I wanted. I looked at others too, some not KAC or KAC types. Ended up going with KAC, got an SR25 20" rifle w/keymod tube and QD suppressor mount. I also got the suppressor that mounts to it. This is the new rifle anyway, the military versions are the same except they have a Magpul stock and the more expensive brake mount.

Now the KAC rifle is a different beast. The gas block doesn't fit or work like a normal AR type and the lower is fully ambi with built in left and right mag and bolt releases where they should be. So you can only build on so close.

For the price, why not just buy a 16" KAC rifle and then if you must have that stock and tube, just put it on? I mean, if you already have it, you wouldn't be out any extra save the rifle. If you must have the long can (which isn't as good as the new QD can) then you can always get the right flash hider and gas block to swap.

The SR25 is a fine rifle, I am absolutely satisfied with mine. Came with sights, extra rails, grip covers and some other parts. I got extra mags and the cleaning kit with extra parts; pricey but it is nice and with a few special parts added I felt it needed. The keymod tube even grew on me enough that I used it on a couple of builds. It's easy to use, one piece, solid and lighter too. Still, I got it all minus the can for less than $5k, but I also ordered a lot of extra stuff. The rifle alone could be had for $4k-ish, plus or minus.

Why go with a clone when you can have the real thing? I mean, it really is a damn fine rifle. Cut rifle barrels and that 2 stage trigger is fine enough I just left it. Give the SOPMOD and keymod a try before swapping out. You may like it. Good luck!

BTW, they still have the "old" military rifle... For $24,000 IIRC. But it does come in a case with drag bag, mags, parts, cleaning kit --all sorts of shit-- but doesn't include the can or clip ons for that price.