• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 0 finally mostly done

CCRBUM

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2009
It's not clone correct so don't chastise me too much! But she's mine.. barrel is a temp until I get the money for a WOA or a Douglas.. (is a BA.. shhhh)

Specs

Lower: anderson lower
BCM lpk
B5 sopmod
Geissele ssa-e
Milspec buffer tube and H3 buffer

Upper: BCM upper
PRI gas buster charging handle
PRI gen 3 rail
PRI top rail
PRI front sight
Arms 40L rear sight
EXPO m16 BCG
AE Mk12 brake and collar
BA SPR premium barrel

Still looking at optics and trying to make a decision on what to get... any suggestions? Trying to stay under $2k for the optics because I still want to upgrade the barrel. But like I said.... she's mine. I've loved the mk12 mod 0 for a loooooong time and this was by far my favorite build project.

Attachments

• 20200629_181415.jpg
    20200629_181415.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 142
I’ve been taking a hard look at a Mk6 for my M(oc)k12. @LibertyOptics has some non illuminated TMRs in stock. A 4-16 ATACR used would likely fall into that price range too. Reticle dependent of course. There’s a Mil-R one in the PX right now. Leupold Mk5 would be another option as well and lastly a 2.5-10x42 NXS.

PS nice build.

I've been looking at the 2.5-10x42 NXS... smaller and lighter has my attention

You won’t be disappointed with it. People can say what they want. You do notice the difference between say a 32oz optic and one 24oz and under. However having toyed with different heavier optics on it not one has felt out of place. Nor has the gun felt unwieldy.

It's not clone correct so don't chastise me too much! But she's mine.. barrel is a temp until I get the money for a WOA or a Douglas.. (is a BA.. shhhh)

Specs

BCM lpk
B5 sopmod
Geissele ssa-e

PRI gen 3 rail
PRI top rail
PRI front sight
Arms 40L rear sight
EXPO m16 BCG
AE Mk12 brake and collar
BA SPR premium barrel

Still looking at optics and trying to make a decision on what to get... any suggestions? Trying to stay under $2k for the optics because I still want to upgrade the barrel. But like I said.... she's mine. I've loved the mk12 mod 0 for a loooooong time and this was by far my favorite build project.

Have you shot it yet?

You may want to look at the VIPER PST GEN II 2-10X32 FFP since Night force no longer makes the NXS 2.5-10x32.

VIPER® PST™ GEN II 2-10X32 FFP

Yeah just with irons.. she's soft compared to my sons lightweight build. For some reason i was thinking vortex DCed the 2-10 viper. That could be a good option too

Specs

BCM lpk
B5 sopmod
Geissele ssa-e

PRI gen 3 rail
PRI top rail
PRI front sight
Arms 40L rear sight
EXPO m16 BCG
AE Mk12 brake and collar
BA SPR premium barrel

Leupold MK5 3.6-18. I've got two of them and am convinced they're the perfect ar optics. Nice and light, compact, and a great mag range. Put it in a Badger Ordnance c1 mount.

Cabellas just ran a huge sale on them. Take a look in the PX, there's a long discussion about them. Might still be able to snag one on sale, otherwise I'd bet a bunch will be popping up for sale from Hide members.

I love the mk5 3.6-18... a buddy has one with the T3 and I fell in love with it! missed the Cabelas / bass pro sale unfortunately due to working a 48..

I love the mk5 3.6-18... a buddy has one with the T3 and I fell in love with it! missed the Cabelas / bass pro sale unfortunately due to working a 48..
I have a suspicion that a lot of them were purchased with the intent of reselling, or with no real plan to use it. You may not snag one for $899, but I bet some pop up for sale at decent prices here.

oh I totally thought about it lol... i just never made it there.... I'm moving the end of the month so I may just wait til after the move and pick something up then.