• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK12 Mod 0 Question

mjh30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
Edmonds Washington
A question for those with a true to spec MK12 mod 0 upper. Are we running our optic in front of the arms 40 rear sight. Obviously using 22 medium rings the ocular housing doesn't clear. Anyone have any comments, I suppose using a 40l sp would alleviate this, but then the upper wouldn't be true. Just don't like how far forward by 2.5-10x24 is when mounted in the 22 M's.

They used a arms 38 swan sleeve with the arms 22m rings to clear. The mod1 uses 22h arms rings now.

everyone's melon is going to be different. this is what I ended up with. they are high rings

IMG_0181.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I suppose I will try the highs and see how the cheek weld is, if I don't like it, the 40l is another option, although it kinda defeats the purpose of having a spec build. Anyone know if they actually used the 2.5-10x24 on the mod 0 or only on the mod 1's. Seen a lot of pictures of mod 0's wuthe optic to the front of the arms 40.
Marty

I run nose to charging handle on pretty much any AR I shoot. I'm guessing pretty much any optic for me would be in front of the rear sight. I want to be comfortable behind the rifle and be able to build solid positions so I might cheat slightly on the "clone" aspect to make sure I had a rifle I could shoot effectively.

I went with the 40L...... I would rather have that one part not to spec than higher rings or have the 2.5-10 positioned too far forward. I debated this for awhile prior to purchasing as I wanted to build it as close to spec as possible. But now it's all set up I'm glad I made the choice.

when I first set mine up it was identical to the one in the book black rifle.

Img_0005ll.jpg

GAmod_080105B.jpg

but get what works for you

Mk12223.jpg

Check High Caliber Sales' photo gallery. Some great imges of Mod0 and Mod1.

Thanks Musky, had a larue on their before, height wasn't too bad, with the arms 22 med and no arms 40 to hinder the ocular housing its near perfect. Probably go with the 40l and be damned, seems an awful pity since its all spec including the barrel. Thanks to all for their replies.
Marty

I went with the PRI SPR rail and used Med ARMS 22 rings with a 2.5 x8 Leupold tactical Mod 1 scope.

My can came from Allan Eng.......they built Accuracy Ops who had the contract for the cans.

Last edited:
Put the BUIS in your pocket, when/if the scope fail, reach in your pocket & slap them on.