• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 1 build

Looking good. They are a lot of fun!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 695
All sexy looking rifles. Can't wait to get mine. All of these pictured, are the fully PRI or mix and match lower/uppers?

Last edited:
Mine is parted out. I built mine in 2007 when there wasn't really PRI uppers available. White Oak barrel, everything else is SWAN/PRI to spec, with RRA upper and lower.

Reactions: GhostFace
Mine is parted out. I built mine in 2007 when there wasn't really PRI uppers available. White Oak barrel, everything else is SWAN/PRI to spec, with RRA upper and lower.
What mount?

That's a S&B PMII 5-25 on a Spuhr 1.5" 0MOA mount. No it's not clone correct and no I don't care lol. After talking to a guy in my match this weekend who used the MK12 and a Holland in the marine corps, he said when the MK4 scopes mounted on them came in, they were taped because the elevation wouldn't track properly. So they'd zero them, tape them back up, and use holds for everything. If that's a lie, its the most well orchestrated wives tail I've ever seen. The NF NX scopes were far better in that aspect but still SFP from what I've been researching.

Reactions: GhostFace
That's a S&B PMII 5-25 on a Spuhr 1.5" 0MOA mount. No it's not clone correct and no I don't care lol. After talking to a guy in my match this weekend who used the MK12 and a Holland in the marine corps, he said when the MK4 scopes mounted on them came in, they were taped because the elevation wouldn't track properly. So they'd zero them, tape them back up, and use holds for everything. If that's a lie, its the most well orchestrated wives tail I've ever seen. The NF NX scopes were far better in that aspect but still SFP from what I've been researching.
I have a NXS 2.5-10 ordered for mine. For the fact that the Leupolds aren't around and haven't heard the best things about them.

Reactions: The Durk
All sexy looking rifles. Can't wait to get mine. All of these pictured, are the fully PRI or mix and match lower/uppers?

mine is PRI all the way, with Douglas barrel etc. Even have the correct ARMS rings. IFF i wanted to be NUTS ON CORRECT, id need to grab the NXS 2.5-10x24. as of now, the 32mm is pretty great. but i always have my eyes open.

there was one Leupold on ebay for $2000.
Yeah that's too much. Considering how old they are and how much better optically newer scopes are. I was debating between a new mk5hd 3.6-18 and the NXS 2.5-10. Went with the NF route. Just sucks its on a 38-40 week lead time.

Yeah that's too much. Considering how old they are and how much better optically newer scopes are. I was debating between a new mk5hd 3.6-18 and the NXS 2.5-10. Went with the NF route. Just sucks its on a 38-40 week lead time.

where are you getting one? are they special building you one? or are you ordering through Charlies and they are just trying to source one?

Direct through NF. Idk which you're looking for, you mentioned NF 2.5-10x24, I'm getting the 2.5-10x42. Not sure if it was a typo on your part or not. The x24 looks more like an LPVO. EO has the x42 in stock as well. The correct Leupold Mk4 is a 3.5-10x40.

Direct through NF. Idk which you're looking for, you mentioned NF 2.5-10x24, I'm getting the 2.5-10x42. Not sure if it was a typo on your part or not. The x24 looks more like an LPVO. EO has the x42 in stock as well. The correct Leupold Mk4 is a 3.5-10x40.

Ok. It wasn't a typo on my end. but you did not specify the objective diameter in your post, only "2.5-10" and when we are talking about "correct" optics in a Mk12 thread, i just assumed the "2.5-10" was for the correct scope for the clone Mk12 which is the 2.5-10x24.

Ok. It wasn't a typo on my end. but you did not specify the objective diameter in your post, only "2.5-10" and when we are talking about "correct" optics in a Mk12 thread, i just assumed the "2.5-10" was for the correct scope for the clone Mk12 which is the 2.5-10x24.
I haven't seen anywhere listed as a x24 being correct. The leupold mk4 is a x40. Not sure where you're looking in the vast sea of information out here on the internet. From Wikipedia, so take it as you wish:

"Due to the relative modularity of the system, optics (as well as almost everything else) can be mounted according to the operator's wishes. However, SPRs are most often seen with a 3.5–10×40 mm Leupold LR M3 (SPR/A), a 2.5–8×36 mm TS-30 (SPR/B), or a 3–9×36 mm TS-30 A2 (Mk 12 MOD 0/1) Mid Range/Tactical Illuminated Reticle Dayscope. Night vision devices can also be attached. These scopes usually come with flip open dust covers and a honeycomb anti-glare anti-reflection device. Given Nightforce Optics' NAVSPECWAR contract, it is believed that many NAVSPECWAR issued SPRs will use the Nightforce 2.5-10x42 NXS scope.[11]"

Last edited:
I haven't seen anywhere listed as a x24 being correct. The leupold mk4 is a x40. Not sure where you're looking in the vast sea of information out here on the internet.
The 2.5-10x24 was correct for the mod1 (they have supposedly also received the 2.5-10x32 but not sure if they were issued from Crane or incorporated at the end user level).

The mod 0 used the leupold 3-9x 36 MRT (ts30a2) and 2.5-10x40 vxiii/mk4 lrt

Reactions: Charger442
I haven't seen anywhere listed as a x24 being correct. The leupold mk4 is a x40. Not sure where you're looking in the vast sea of information out here on the internet. From Wikipedia, so take it as you wish:

"Due to the relative modularity of the system, optics (as well as almost everything else) can be mounted according to the operator's wishes. However, SPRs are most often seen with a 3.5–10×40 mm Leupold LR M3 (SPR/A), a 2.5–8×36 mm TS-30 (SPR/B), or a 3–9×36 mm TS-30 A2 (Mk 12 MOD 0/1) Mid Range/Tactical Illuminated Reticle Dayscope. Night vision devices can also be attached. These scopes usually come with flip open dust covers and a honeycomb anti-glare anti-reflection device. Given Nightforce Optics' NAVSPECWAR contract, it is believed that many NAVSPECWAR issued SPRs will use the Nightforce 2.5-10x42 NXS scope.[11]"

i was incorrect in that the x24 was on the mod1.

i have never heard of the x42 being used on the SPR guns, as I HAVE seen some 2.5-10-x24 scopes marked "NAVSPEC" but not the x42.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ first clone build I'm doing. Next will either be the mod 1 or mod H. Was set on mod H but now leaning more towards the mod 1.

Heavily considered it but those prices lol. Read on here that the 3-20US is superior to the 5-20. Having never looked through them, I can't say.
Id definitely invest in a better optic if you plan on frequently shooting at night w/a I2 clip on. In broad daylight those optics are usable (NF NXS moreso than the MRT leupolds).

the x24 is correct for the navy mod 1s. "Nav-spec" and "Recon Nav-Spec" if you want to go crazy spending money for the contract markings

Upper and bower are from PRI. Not a super strict clone in some regards, but I’m on a budget.
I think the can will have to wait for taxes. UNS might possibly be my retirement present to myself. Then I’ll give it a nice rattle can treatment and call it complete.
60DCC08F-BD48-43A1-8A0D-6EDE890268DC.jpeg

Looks good. I have abandoned my build. I order a complete rifle through PRI but at the same time I was slowly buying pieces for a mod 1. I have everything but handguards and barrel which are both on order right now. Had to settle for Larue handguards since the KACs aren't being produced/sent to dealers right now.

Looks good. I have abandoned my build. I order a complete rifle through PRI but at the same time I was slowly buying pieces for a mod 1. I have everything but handguards and barrel which are both on order right now. Had to settle for Larue handguards since the KACs aren't being produced/sent to dealers right now.
That’s less than ideal. Wonder why lead times are so crazy right now.

That’s less than ideal. Wonder why lead times are so crazy right now.
For what? Larue stuff is always almost made to order so its always a 2-6 months or so. And KAC had to stop late last year or so to focus on rifle and upper backorders for gov and commercial customers. Once they get through that, they'll start pushing new stuff out to dealers.

Reactions: TxFlyGuy
Thoroughbred Armament seems to have Mod 0 and Mod H uppers ready to go almost every week for good prices and PRI also seems to be constantly making them with a 12-15 week lead time. PRI also has a lot of parts for them as well.

PRI are good people. They were super helpful when I was ordering. Sadly, I ended up canceling the order after a few weeks to just focus on the Mod 1 I had parts for already. I'd love to get a Mod 0 one day though.

How crucial are the flip up sights? I feel like once I get a scope on my mod 1 the sights kind of become unnecessary. Looking at pictures on clone rifles, a lot of the guys don't even have the iron sights on them when they have a scope.

Depends on how clone correct you want to be. Total waste of money IMO, but what isn't right? They were one of the last things I put on mine. You can always sell them for what you got them for. They are always in demand and will always sell since it's a clone part.... assuming you got the correct BUIS. Personally would get some since you never know when Knights is going to stop making them or selling to the public.

Depends on how clone correct you want to be. Total waste of money IMO, but what isn't right? They were one of the last things I put on mine. You can always sell them for what you got them for. They are always in demand and will always sell since it's a clone part.... assuming you got the correct BUIS. Personally would get some since you never know when Knights is going to stop making them or selling to the public.
True. I have the clone correct ones for Mk12. We'll see what I do with them once I get the ZCO 420 on top, not clone correct obviously.

This build added up quick lol. Minus the zco 420 and aem5, with those its at 79xx.
1666651895327.png

I have a NXS 2.5-10 ordered for mine. For the fact that the Leupolds aren't around and haven't heard the best things about them.
Really? What have you heard bad about the Mark 4? Not to be too nosey, but where did you order an NXS 2.5-10, or are you getting the longer 44mm version?

Any questions about Mk12 Mod 0 or Mod 1, happy to help. For those interested, we have a complete offering of rifles and deployment kits and optics and suppressors, but happy to be a resource for questions. One of my favorite rifles.

Really? What have you heard bad about the Mark 4? Not to be too nosey, but where did you order an NXS 2.5-10, or are you getting the longer 44mm version?

Any questions about Mk12 Mod 0 or Mod 1, happy to help. For those interested, we have a complete offering of rifles and deployment kits and optics and suppressors, but happy to be a resource for questions. One of my favorite rifles.
It was the 44mm one but I went with a zco420 instead. Nothing terrible about the mark 4, just that they’re a 20+ year old scope and optical technology has far surpassed what those are packing.

Great - read the rules, upgrade your account to “Supporter” and sell that shit in the PX.

@MarinePMI or @Rob01 can help you if you have no clue.