• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk13 mod 5 takeoff stock arrived. Anyone else?

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    I snagged one of the thoroughbred armament mk13 mod 5 takeoff packages and was wondering if anyone else got in on it?

Mine arrives thursday or friday. Very excited

I saw someone on the FB clone page grabbed two.

Welp...usps beat their initial estimate by 5 days. Picked her up today.

Anyone have any info on this? Not many markings or numbers. Definitely used. Will need to source a butt pad also it seems.
    20200706_100242.jpg
    20200706_101714.jpg
    20200706_101739.jpg
    20200706_101727.jpg
    20200706_101803.jpg
    20200706_100405.jpg
    20200706_100355.jpg
    20200706_100345.jpg
    20200706_100738.jpg
    20200706_101915.jpg
    20200706_101920.jpg

Last edited:

Apparently all sold in less than an hour once posted. I heard about it two days after all sold....

Last edited:
    • Sad
    Reactions: sandwarrior
    They shipped the day i ordered them. I called lilja and they were already turning barrels for them that very day

If anyone missed out, hit me up. I really needed another case, but I might let the stock and rail go.

Back in 2007 or so, McMillan sold the used M40A1 “return stocks” for I think around $230 plus $20 shipping. Some guys only saw an antiquated old “beat stock” and passed. Other guys saw a unique piece of USMC history with provenance and bought them.

Ten to twelve years later the old take-off M40A1 “return stocks” sell for 5x to 10x what they cost when released. Demand is still high, but supply is extremely limited - to basically non-existent.

As for today’s Mk 13 Mod 5 take-off stocks, some see a “beat chassis” and old case, but others see a unique piece of Navy Surface Warfare/Navy SEAL history with providence (correction: provenance)...

The supply of take-off military Mk 13 Mod 5 chassis is very limited and likely to soon be basically zero. Given the higher starting price I wouldn’t expect much appreciation, but I expect these items sold by the vendor with NSW provenance will at least hold their value for those who want to replicate/clone that rifle.

In other words, me thinks history is likely to repeat itself about the value of such things with military-service provenance. Just say’n...

Last edited:
    Back in 2007 or so, McMillan sold the used M40A1 “return stocks” for I think around $200 plus $20 shipping. Some guys only saw an antiquated old “beat stock” and passed. Other guys saw a unique piece of USMC history with providence and bought them.

Ten to twelve years later the old take-off M40A1 “return stocks” sell for 5x to 10x what they cost when released. Demand is still high, supply is extremely limited to basically non-existent.

As for today’s Mk 13 Mod 5 take-off stocks, some see a “beat chassis” and old case, but others see a unique piece of Naval Special Warfare/Navy SEAL history with providence...

The supply of take-off military a Mk 13 Mod 5 chassis is very limited and likely to soon be basically zero. Given the higher starting price I wouldn’t expect much appreciation, but I expect these items sold by the vendor with NSW providence will at least hold their value for those who want to replicate/clone that rifle.

In other words, me thinks history is likely to repeat itself about the value of such things with providence. Just say’n...

Gotcha.

To each his own.

Back in 2007 or so, McMillan sold the used M40A1 “return stocks” for I think around $200 plus $20 shipping. Some guys only saw an antiquated old “beat stock” and passed. Other guys saw a unique piece of USMC history with providence and bought them.

Ten to twelve years later the old take-off M40A1 “return stocks” sell for 5x to 10x what they cost when released. Demand is still high, supply is extremely limited to basically non-existent.

As for today’s Mk 13 Mod 5 take-off stocks, some see a “beat chassis” and old case, but others see a unique piece of Naval Special Warfare/Navy SEAL history with providence...

The supply of take-off military a Mk 13 Mod 5 chassis is very limited and likely to soon be basically zero. Given the higher starting price I wouldn’t expect much appreciation, but I expect these items sold by the vendor with NSW providence will at least hold their value for those who want to replicate/clone that rifle.

In other words, me thinks history is likely to repeat itself about the value of such things with providence. Just say’n...
    Well said. It’s a collectors item.

Reactions: fire_and_adjust