• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MKM magneto speed mount

K80/6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2019
Kirkwood, Missouri
I was needing a longer rod to reach the end of my suppressor with the magneto speed. MKM sells a threaded stainless rod which would probably work really well but I wanted to see if I could find something lighter but still stiff. I have made a home made “power pole” for a poling boat before out of fiberglass rod. I know it’s strong and plenty stiff so I ordered a 5/8 od 24in fiberglass rod. I think it will work perfectly and is much lighter than the threaded rod. The only bad part is the shipping cost more than the rod but was only $5 more the MKM rod. If anyone is interested in it I can add the place I ordered the rod from.

Attachments

• D0C81874-AF68-454D-A04C-E0B1AD27CAD4.jpeg
    D0C81874-AF68-454D-A04C-E0B1AD27CAD4.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 64
I was needing a longer rod to reach the end of my suppressor with the magneto speed. MKM sells a threaded stainless rod which would probably work really well but I wanted to see if I could find something lighter but still stiff. I have made a home made “power pole” for a poling boat before out of fiberglass rod. I know it’s strong and plenty stiff so I ordered a 5/8 od 24in fiberglass rod. I think it will work perfectly and is much lighter than the threaded rod. The only bad part is the shipping cost more than the rod but was only $5 more the MKM rod. If anyone is interested in it I can add the place I ordered the rod from.
Look at Tubb's offering