• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MLR or MIL DOT

Some Day

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
PA
Going to buy a nightforce 5.5-22x56 but in a debate witch to go with the MLR or MIL-dot reticle. going to use it for hunting and shooting long distance or should i go with a different reticle for what i am going to use it for

Re: MLR or MIL DOT

I would go MLR out of those two. If i was buying one for your stated purposes, I would probably go NP-R1.

Why with the NP-R1 could you explain to me a little i am knew to this just getting started in long range shooting.I've shoot deer out to 500 yds an target shoot that range with factory rifles but now i am having a rifle built to do it right. to hunt with and shoot down at williamsport 1000 yard club.i am not that knowledgeable about the reticles so any help is greatly appreciated.

The NP-R1, combined with 1/4 moa adjustments, will provide finer holdover points in the reticle and finer adjustments. For long range hunting and paper punching, the finer adjustments will be appreciated.

I have shot both and own an MLR NXS.

To my taste, the Mil-Dots clutter up the reticle. The MLR reticle is clean and easy to use.

I prefer the MLR. Cleaner, simpler, easier (for me) to use.

I also prefer the MLR. Makes no difference to me until ranging. Then, I find dots difficult to use....is that target 1/2 a dot or 5/8???

I was thinking about the mil to mil do they make that in a NP-R1. Thanks matchking and all you other guys for the info.I am thinking strongly on the NP-R1