• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing MN bird hunting

fuddmann

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2005
Apple Valley, MN
Does anyone have suggestions for public land pheasant/grouse/quail/chuckar hunting an hour or less from the southern Twin Cities?

Thanks.

Re: MN bird hunting

There is public land all over. If you want to drive 6 hours you can come out here by mobridge and there is more public to hunt than you could do if you hunted everyday of the season. Coyote hunted 2 days ago and saw 1000 phesants or so through out the day.

Minnesota has been over preasured and over hunted for too long its hardley worth the time and effort. public land here, forget it you would have a better chance finding a cold glass of water in the desert. Ive lived here and hunted here all my life. if you wana have a good time go to a game farm or head to the Dakotas thats just my 2cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: giliganz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Minnesota has been over preasured and over hunted for too long its hardley worth the time and effort. public land here, forget it you would have a better chance finding a cold glass of water in the desert. Ive lived here and hunted here all my life. if you wana have a good time go to a game farm or head to the Dakotas thats just my 2cents. </div></div>

That sucks. I haven't hunted pheasants in MN for a while. I grew up there and we used to do pretty well in the Annandale area. It was all private farm land but the farmers were all good to go if you asked before walking the field.