• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moa base for rimfire

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Hey all I’m debating whether or not I should get a 0 MOA or 15 MOA base from area 419 for my CZ. I plan on putting an Athlon Ares ETR off of my tikka on the CZ. The Athlon is already in a Leupold 20 MOA one piece base. I know to get out to 200 yards I need about 30 MOA which I have already. I guess Id want to know if I’ll have trouble zeroing in at 50-75 yards if I have a total of 35 MOA between the scope mount and rail.

Any help is greatly appreciated

You shouldn't. I have a 25MOA base on my CZ and it has lots left on the bottom with a MidasTAC 6-24x50. Fair warning thought, the AREA 419 base is TALL! I'm running the Boyd's AT-One and I had to switch to a Triggers by Scar base to get a good cheek weld. Just an FYI and that is coming from an AREA 419 fan boi!

IIRC that series are all 100 MOA or more adjustment, you'll have no problem zeroing even at 25 yards.

Reactions: JKW70 and nikonNUT
I shoot out to 350 regularly using a murphy precision 20 moa base on my Anschutz using a Razor gen 2 4.5-27 and even 450 using elevation and hold over on the reticle

30 moa rail and my HDMR2 I can shoot 400 yards without dialing

Reactions: nikonNUT
I run 20's on all of mine, but I'm zero'ing everything at 100 yards, so... Can't help you on the close-range stuff.

You shouldn't. I have a 25MOA base on my CZ and it has lots left on the bottom with a MidasTAC 6-24x50. Fair warning thought, the AREA 419 base is TALL! I'm running the Boyd's AT-One and I had to switch to a Triggers by Scar base to get a good cheek weld. Just an FYI and that is coming from an AREA 419 fan boi!

First, which CZ? I have a 457 and got a 20MOA rail from DIP,Inc. It is low to the rifle (no bubble in the back (which for me was the difference of also going with new rings) and the DIP rail is also half the price of the 419. I It also extends beyond the receiver which was a Godsend for me because of eye relief. I haven't tried a come-down to 15 yards but with a 100 yard zero it has a ton of come-up. Coming down to 50 yards is 2 clicks. To 300 it is ~ 11 mils (~1 revolution of the turret). This I calculated for 22 LR. I shoot 22 mag -big difference.

I use a bubble attached to the scope. Never looked back - it's perfect. Here's the link and a pic of it installed on my CZ:

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1422401&CAT=3600

i-zrWTFpP-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I run an Area 419 30MOA base on my Tikka, with an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24. Zeroed at 25yds, I have 23.8MIL left out of the 25MIL it has.

@JAS-SH Running a CZ457 pro varmint in an AT-One stock. Just couldn’t get the cheek piece high enough with the Area 419 rail. Went with the BScar rail and low Vortex PMR rings and all is well.

First, which CZ? I have a 457 and got a 20MOA rail from DIP,Inc. It is low to the rifle (no bubble in the back (which for me was the difference of also going with new rings) and the DIP rail is also half the price of the 419. I It also extends beyond the receiver which was a Godsend for me because of eye relief. I haven't tried a come-down to 15 yards but with a 100 yard zero it has a ton of come-up. Coming down to 50 yards is 2 clicks. To 300 it is ~ 11 mils (~1 revolution of the turret). This I calculated for 22 LR. I shoot 22 mag -big difference.

I use a bubble attached to the scope. Never looked back - it's perfect. Here's the link and a pic of it installed on my CZ:

i-zrWTFpP-X2.jpg
I just bought an MTR… scar 15 moa bases are out of stock. I thought the 419’s were pretty uniformly liked by most of the guys that use them, I haven’t even looked for others honestly.

I have the extended Scar rail on my 455 and am perfectly happy with it. Pretty much exactly the same setup as @JAS-SH describes, but 25 MOA on mine. No issues with a close zero, haven't tried 15 yards but a 50yd zero is also a 22yd zero and my setup hits that no problem.

Looks great! Mine in the AT-One, low rings, and a BScar 25MOA base... Lousy pic BTW!
CZ457.jpg

Reactions: JAS-SH

i-zrWTFpP-X2.jpg
You liking that Bravo? I've waited around thinking I may find one on the PX, but thinking I may have to go new. May wait around through the season to see if one pops up if someone goes a different direction. Buddy just grabbed one for his 6.5 first time I have had a chance to look that stock over.

I've got the Boyd's that came with my ProVarmint and I put an adjustable kydex cheek riser on which made it much more shootable, but still lacking in the graspers area with vertical-ish grip. Might punt for a Bravo

Last edited:
I am running my cz 457 22lr with the 30 moa base from area 419 built for the cz with a 200 moa adjustable rail between the scope and the 30 moa I am good to just shy of 400 yards in elevation beyond that it's all that adjustable base and the scope I want to take it to the 1k range and play with it I just have not found the time yet . with just the scope and 30 moa base I can shoot indoors as close as 82 feet 25 meters and all together should have enough elevation for 1k if not further I just wont know until I get the chance .
1636672799147.jpeg

but which ever you get I hope yours works the way you want it to .

You liking that Bravo? I've waited around thinking I may find one on the PX, but thinking I may have to go new. May wait around through the season to see if one pops up if someone goes a different direction. Buddy just grabbed one for his 6.5 first time I have had a chance to look that stock over.

I've got the Boyd's that came with my ProVarmint and I put an adjustable kydex cheek riser on which made it much more shootable, but still lacking in the graspers area with vertical-ish grip. Might punt for a Bravo
I like it so much that I just ordered a BadRock (Defiance Machine) 6mm rifle and it will be dressed in a Bravo stock. It's an erector set. Just like an AR. I'm not a fan of open, metal chassis stocks, metal is COLD!. The Bravo is like a regular rifle stock but set up with all the long range goods. You can stick everything on the Bravo. And the price is unbelievably low. KRG rocks! Here's the pic of the upcoming rifle:

i-RFWkFK4-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 457 with a Area419 50MOA rail, and an ERTAC 0-20MIL adjustable mount, Razor HDII scope. Let's me zero at 50yards.

Got my first CZ in May am using a zero MOA DIP base, I wish I had picked it up in 25 MOA. Burris Zee rings are great to offset my scopes limitations though. I ran out of elevation just shy of 100 yds.

I put a 30 moa rail in my bergara and want more, I lost about 8 minutes from my cz

Hey all I’m debating whether or not I should get a 0 MOA or 15 MOA base from area 419 for my CZ. I plan on putting an Athlon Ares ETR off of my tikka on the CZ. The Athlon is already in a Leupold 20 MOA one piece base. I know to get out to 200 yards I need about 30 MOA which I have already. I guess Id want to know if I’ll have trouble zeroing in at 50-75 yards if I have a total of 35 MOA between the scope mount and rail.

Any help is greatly appreciated
just go with Burris XTR Signature rings. They have up to 40moa total in the rings. I just put a Votex Strike Eagle on my Kidd Supergrade. It has q 20MOA rail. With up to 40 MOA in the rings, I am at the bottom of the scope adjustment and have 32mils to go up. I can dial to 500yds.
Mak

Last edited:
Can you Zero at 25yds with a 25 MOA base? My club has NRL22 using 100yd range not sure if the plan to go past that to 200yds. I want to make sure I order the correct base... I don't think it will work for the Arken - as is a 32 mil scope - most I could have is 15 MOA base if I understood the Area419 video on how to decide on the base MOA based on the scope adjustment.

Can you Zero at 25yds with a 25 MOA base? My club has NRL22 using 100yd range not sure if the plan to go past that to 200yds. I want to make sure I order the correct base... I don't think it will work for the Arken - as is a 32 mil scope - most I could have is 15 MOA base if I understood the Area419 video on how to decide on the base MOA based on the scope adjustment.
32 Mil = 110 MOA, you'd potentially be able to use a 55 MOA rail...I wouldn't, but it could be possible.