• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes MOA or MIL for hunting and general shooting???

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
If you were hunting and doing some gerneral shooting matches not specificly dedicated to one discipline would you go with mil or moa. For hunting I use a LRF and for the most par shooting when I know my distances. I know MOA but am will to learn and devote myself to MIL if it is in fact better. I just keep hearing so much about mil. I was thinking about buying a new scope but want to get on the right track first. The current scopes I have are not important enough to worry about. If I go mil I can slowly switch them over but if I go moa I will keep some and switch some over to moa. Thanks guys

Re: MOA or MIL for hunting and general shooting???

Lindy I was just curious what the hunting guys are doing. I know most of the tactical guys are saying mil mil mil but I was just curious. And yes I did do a search just did not find anything about hunting and the use of mil vs moa. Thanks for the googleink though

you guys come on he is just asking a hunting qustion give him a break?????????????????????????????????
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lindy I was just curious what the hunting guys are doing. I know most of the tactical guys are saying mil mil mil but I was just curious. And yes I did do a search just did not find anything about hunting and the use of mil vs moa. Thanks for the googleink though </div></div>

I'm not trying to be a dick. The sole reason for this post is so that I can copy it to a file, and save it.

A Google advanced search input screen is shown below. That search turned up more than 3900 links to posts with mil, moa, and hunting in them. Some of them are <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> related to hunting, but many are.

The Google advanced search, restricted to snipershide.com as shown in the input screen, is by far the best way to search this site. Feel free to click on "Date, Usage Rights,..." to further restrict the search.

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

hidesearch.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not trying to be a dick.</div></div>

Yet you succeeded with such distinction.

If you're so upset at people who either A) have no search skills, B) refuse to search, or C) submit a new post despite having multiple posts of the same/similar topic on new pages in the forums, why bother responding with a "You need to learn to search" bit. Just ignore it. It can't be that hard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you were hunting and doing some gerneral shooting matches not specificly dedicated to one discipline would you go with mil or moa. For hunting I use a LRF and for the most par shooting when I know my distances. I know MOA but am will to learn and devote myself to MIL if it is in fact better. I just keep hearing so much about mil. I was thinking about buying a new scope but want to get on the right track first. The current scopes I have are not important enough to worry about. If I go mil I can slowly switch them over but if I go moa I will keep some and switch some over to moa. Thanks guys </div></div>

I hunt and do not compete. I started out MOA/MOA, but have since switched to Mil/Mil and would not go back. Hope that answers your question

to the OP, a mil is standard across the board. MOA is a little different to every manufacturer. So if you want a mil with any scope you pick up its going to be the exact same, the same cant be said with the MOA system

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're so upset at people who either A) have no search skills, B) refuse to search, or C) submit a new post despite having multiple posts of the same/similar topic on new pages in the forums, why bother responding with a "You need to learn to search" bit. Just ignore it. It can't be that hard.</div></div>

Frequently I do ignore it. Nor am I adverse to spending my time and energy explaining something yet again, as witnessed by the number of posts I have on this system.

I confess, however, to having numerous files which I have saved to keep from having to write essentially the same response over and over.

And, for that matter, I've spent considerable time and effort in writing a number of web pages for shooters to use as references, several of which are being used as resources in sniper schools.

They can be found linked off the web page listed in my profile.

The post above which shows the Google Advanced Search search screen I posted precisely to show people how easy it is to use - much easier than the site search function - and the number of links it turned up illustrates perfectly why it's needed.

It seemed that was needed, because despite repeated requests that people use the search function, they can't, won't, or don't successfully find what they're looking for.

So, now they will have a clue, because I've saved <span style="text-decoration: underline">that</span> post to a file for use the next time someone is asking a question which has been asked many times before.

But thanks for expressing your concern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the OP, a mil is standard across the board. MOA is a little different to every manufacturer. So if you want a mil with any scope you pick up its going to be the exact same, the same cant be said with the MOA system </div></div>

Minute Of Angle can not change from or it is not a Minute Of Angle (MOA). Many manufacturer use Inches Per Hundred yards (IPHY) and incorrectly reffer to it as MOA

i was talking about the reticle, manf vary their stuff...dont believe me look at reticle specs from different manf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you're too lazy to do a search on this site, here's a link you would have found without even searching if you'd just looked down the page in the Optics forum.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1488010#Post1488010

If that's not enough, here's a metric shit ton more links:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a...amp;safe=active

</div></div>

You are a pompous ASS Lindy,I did read the whole thread but jumped back up to this stupid post.Why even bother to have a forum? The answers to all these questions ARE ON THE INTERNET,bar none.Some of us like to socialize and bounce different ideas off each other via the site.I actually just learned something from Deadly 0311 I would not have learned had the OP used the search function.

jcv-hunting is no different that any other shooting, pick what you are more comfortable with and you will probably be more confident with it, leading to being a better shot with it.

Hey SANDY, you just earned an ASS rating for yourself. Lindy has posted voluminously and repeatedly on this issue with the patience of Job.

Actually what you learned from Deadly does come up in the search functions, Frank has pointed out multiple times lately that with MOA setups the actual subtension on the reticle may be moa or IPHY, and there's also the adjustments-manufacturer to manufacturer you never know if you will get moa or IPHY, and in Leupold's case it can vary scope to scope.
Mil/mil is supposed to be standard, but ANY scope needs to have its adjustment and reticle checked if you want to be sure-adjustments are a function most often of threading, so depending on materials, tools and tolerances you could be close but not perfect with ANY scope no matter what its marked.

Since you think Lindy's a dick, I won't bother you with his excellent writeup on how to check these things out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're so upset at people who either A) have no search skills, B) refuse to search, or C) submit a new post despite having multiple posts of the same/similar topic on new pages in the forums, why bother responding with a "You need to learn to search" bit. Just ignore it. It can't be that hard.</div></div>

Frequently I do ignore it. Nor am I adverse to spending my time and energy explaining something yet again, as witnessed by the number of posts I have on this system.

I confess, however, to having numerous files which I have saved to keep from having to write essentially the same response over and over.

And, for that matter, I've spent considerable time and effort in writing a number of web pages for shooters to use as references, several of which are being used as resources in sniper schools.

They can be found linked off the web page listed in my profile.

The post above which shows the Google Advanced Search search screen I posted precisely to show people how easy it is to use - much easier than the site search function - and the number of links it turned up illustrates perfectly why it's needed.

It seemed that was needed, because despite repeated requests that people use the search function, they can't, won't, or don't successfully find what they're looking for.

So, now they will have a clue, because I've saved <span style="text-decoration: underline">that</span> post to a file for use the next time someone is asking a question which has been asked many times before.

But thanks for expressing your concern.
</div></div>
To go a bit further,you have spent considerable time in this endeavor,how do we know all of your information was transcribed correctly?

Plenty of people make mistakes,and I,for one,always question information.

What makes you So Sure that the Information you have spent all this time on to bash a "Newbie" over the head is correct?Good Question,EH?

These are the reasons we have a Forum and not just a "Look up the answers to your Questions" Website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To go a bit further,you have spent considerable time in this endeavor,how do we know all of your information was transcribed correctly?</div></div>

I don't transcribe information. I write, and often I save what I have written for future use. In addition, I save links to what others have written when it's noteworthy, also for future use.

One of the reasons why I often post the results of searches is so that the OP can read what <span style="font-style: italic">others</span> have written, rather than just what I might respond.

As for errors, I certainly make them - and I appreciate people pointing them out so that I can correct them.

I have used both and I like the MOA setup better. Every body keeps talking about MOA being a bastard system because of the inconsistencies between manufacturers. Let me tell you that just because it is a Mildot doesn't mean that its always right either. It's up to the user to confirm these things and make sure that they are correct. If someone would make a scope with a IPHY reticle and adjustments that I could afford I would probably like it even better. If I use the reticle for ranging I like the finer graduations of NP-R1 and I can do the math in my head (or at least using my finger to write in the sand). Some people like MOA and some like the Mildot. Liking one or the other doesn't make the other one wrong. Try both and see which one you like best.

guys the wealth of knowledge that Lindy has and has given is more than you care to read. Lindy has more than likely forgotten more than you will know...i know for a fact that he gets tired of reading and rereading the same questions as do i. i posted what i did as to not hurt anyones feelings. But i to feel the exact same way as Lindy and Sobr do.

dmg it does make a difference, because a mil is a standard measurement, a MOA means different things to different people, hell look at the formulas that get thrown out here, Sobr said it best. Leupold is notorious for marking a scope 1/4 MOA, now do you know how to tell if its true MOA or IPHY? A mil is a mil is a mil. That # wont change like MOA can

Lindy,the whole point I'm trying to make is that it is a forum,suppose to be fun,or something?Why else would we be on here at this time on a Saturday night? I ask questions that could be answered by using a "Search" function,I'm sure.So do others.I have also made a lot of friends on here by listening and helping people out.This is a hobby for me,I'm not saving lives here on SH

Honestly I wanted to create a little conversation and find out what other hunter/General shooting people were using. I am aware that some people like mil scopes for tactile stuff. If I was heavily involved in taxticalstuff I would go mil for sure. Just though I would ask some others for their opinion.

Lindy, if every member on the hide started doing your advanced google search idea nobody would be posting. All these questions in almost all these forums/subforums is already answered somewhere on the web. Lindy I hope I see you tell the next ten posters that " you can use the search to find this answer or use the advanced google search". Thanks for looking guys. Just wanted to find out what you thought on mils and moa scopes for hunting and such. Later

I've checked quite a number of scopes. I have not to date found a mil-based reticle with a meaningful error.

I have found scopes with IPHY reticles, and MOA adjustments. I have found scopes with mil reticles and IPHY adjustments which were alleged by the manufacturer to be MOA adjustments.

And I have found scopes with adjustments in MOA, IPHY, and mils which were not accurate, so many that I am beginning to suspect that manufacturing tolerances in elevation adjustments systems are so sloppy that each and every scope should be checked to see what the adjustments really are.

I also found that a group of scopes from a highly-regarded manufacturer in use by a HSLD military unit, which had second focal-plane reticles, could not be adjusted to a power where the reticle was accurate - it wouldn't go high enough.

They were surprised, but not <span style="font-style: italic">extremely</span> surprised, as they said what I found accounted for the notable inaccuracies they had experienced when trying to use their reticles for ranging.

I have checked every scope I own, and will continue to do so.

Particularly for people who don't have access to a long range but might need at some point to make long shots, I think that's essential.

With a typical .308, the difference in point of impact between IPHY adjustments and MOA adjustments on a 1000 yard shot is about 20 inches. On many targets, that's a big miss.

Lindy you are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you

I plan on getting a mil/mil or moa/moa nightforce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dmg it does make a difference, because a mil is a standard measurement, a MOA means different things to different people, hell look at the formulas that get thrown out here, Sobr said it best. Leupold is notorious for marking a scope 1/4 MOA, now do you know how to tell if its true MOA or IPHY? A mil is a mil is a mil. That # wont change like MOA can </div></div>

deadly a MOA is a MOA is a MOA just like a MIL is MIL. Like I said in my earlier post it is up to the user to confirm that things are correct. I have seen scopes that had mildots in them that were not correct.

If a scope is labeled .1 Mil then its supposed to be moved .36 @ 100 yds and the reticle will subtend 3.6 inches @ 100 yds for each mil. A MOA reticle, can be varied between .25 inches per click, or .2615 if its true MOA, with mils there isnt a different system called mils. I understand that a mil dot can be off. But its not a guessing game with mils like it is with MOA. Its either right or wrong, with MOA you have to determine which measurement it actually is MOA or IPHY. I personally believe that you should rock whats comfortable to you. But im trying to throw info out there that was "looked for" so some of you newer guys dont get your panties all bunched up when someone says "use the search function"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If a scope is labeled .1 Mil then its supposed to be moved .36 @ 100 yds and the reticle will subtend 3.6 inches @ 100 yds for each mil. A MOA reticle, can be varied between .25 inches per click, or .2615 if its true MOA, with mils there isnt a different system called mils. I understand that a mil dot can be off. But its not a guessing game with mils like it is with MOA. Its either right or wrong, with MOA you have to determine which measurement it actually is MOA or IPHY. I personally believe that you should rock whats comfortable to you. But im trying to throw info out there that was "looked for" so some of you newer guys dont get your panties all bunched up when someone says "use the search function" </div></div>

EVERY Topic I have seen has an answer if one only used the "Search Function",what is the point of having a forum?

How much off is "wrong"? If you move the adjustments on an MOA scope 10 MOA, and the reticle moves 10.35 inches at 100 yards instead of 10.47, is it "close" or "wrong"?

It may be useful to note that reticle errors are rarely very critical. If your reticle is off a few percent, that's not going to make much difference to your ability to correctly make holdoffs or moving target leads.

A few percentage points off in the adjustment system, though, can be quite important, as I noted above. Check each scope, and then you will know.

Several ballistics programs can be set to correct for inaccuracies in the scope adjustments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly I wanted to create a little conversation and find out what other hunter/General shooting people were using. I am aware that some people like mil scopes for tactile stuff. If I was heavily involved in taxticalstuff I would go mil for sure. Just though I would ask some others for their opinion.
</div></div>

The problem here was your assumption that the question was in some way valid or stimulating. One has nothing to do with the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lindy, if every member on the hide started doing your advanced google search idea nobody would be posting. All these questions in almost all these forums/subforums is already answered somewhere on the web. </div></div>

That would be wonderful. Then the discussions would be about new and potentially interesting topics rather than just rehashing the same 5 topics over and over again in response to the latest guy to enter the room convinced we're all here just to answer his questions.

You guys are lucky that Lindy takes the time to author complete and accurate information, and that he has the foresight to store such references so that they may be easily disseminated each of the hundreds of times someone comes in and re-asks the question. I personally grow tired of retyping a decent answer after the first dozen or so attempts to inject a reference into the database for future use and I don't care enough about making the world a better place to start storing a reference of white papers. Out of curiosity, how many of your 500 posts were spent answering the same basic questions over and over and over again? Does that sound like fun? Maybe you should think about thanking him rather than biting the hand that feeds you.

Perhaps if when people entered the library they used the card catalog to find an existing book that answered their question instead of stomping up to the librarian and requesting a personalized tome to be authored just for them then Benjamin Franklin could stop spinning in his grave.

A good friend of mine is a reference librarian. They know amazing stuff. She used to regularly kick my ass at games of Trivial Pursuits back when that game was popular, the only person to do so - and I <span style="font-style: italic">am</span> an Arcanamaven...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

EVERY Topic I have seen has an answer if one only used the "Search Function",what is the point of having a forum?</div></div>

In that case, what will the length and weight of the new as-yet-unreleased Vortex Viper FFP MRad 4-16 scope be? Does your search turn that up? Cause I really want to know.

I bet when I first find that information released it will be when I'm reading threads here. Unfortunately it will be when I'm sorting through 99 useless repeats searching for the 1 new topic so there's a fair chance I might miss it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good friend of mine is a reference librarian. They know amazing stuff. She used to regularly kick my ass at games of Trivial Pursuits back when that game was popular, the only person to do so - and I <span style="font-style: italic">am</span> an Arcanamaven...
laugh.gif

</div></div>

What I don't understand is how every librarian I've ever met has managed to be so pleasant and welcoming. It would only take me about two weeks on the job before I was screaming at the heretics to get the fuck out of my temple of knowledge before I bashed their empty heads in. And yes, I include myself in that horde of ignorami.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly I wanted to create a little conversation and find out what other hunter/General shooting people were using. I am aware that some people like mil scopes for tactile stuff. If I was heavily involved in taxticalstuff I would go mil for sure. Just though I would ask some others for their opinion.
</div></div>

The problem here was your assumption that the question was in some way valid or stimulating. One has nothing to do with the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lindy, if every member on the hide started doing your advanced google search idea nobody would be posting. All these questions in almost all these forums/subforums is already answered somewhere on the web. </div></div>

That would be wonderful. Then the discussions would be about new and potentially interesting topics rather than just rehashing the same 5 topics over and over again in response to the latest guy to enter the room convinced we're all here just to answer his questions.

You guys are lucky that Lindy takes the time to author complete and accurate information, and that he has the foresight to store such references so that they may be easily disseminated each of the hundreds of times someone comes in and re-asks the question. I personally grow tired of retyping a decent answer after the first dozen or so attempts to inject a reference into the database for future use and I don't care enough about making the world a better place to start storing a reference of white papers. Out of curiosity, how many of your 500 posts were spent answering the same basic questions over and over and over again? Does that sound like fun? Maybe you should think about thanking him rather than biting the hand that feeds you.

Perhaps if when people entered the library they used the card catalog to find an existing book that answered their question instead of stomping up to the librarian and requesting a personalized tome to be authored just for them then Benjamin Franklin could stop spinning in his grave.

</div></div>

Ever thought of not bothering to answer what you consider a tired or old question? Easier that way,you guys get your panties in a bunch telling people to "Check the Search Funtion" when they really don't give a damn.Makes you feel kinda important and a bit smarter though,don't it???

I think the patience exhibited by librarians is a gift - and also the result of a selection process. The ones who were not patient, or could not develop it, did not last long. Hopefully, those who could not make it were deselected without killing anyone...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever thought of not bothering to answer what you consider a tired or old question?</div></div>

Your question was asked and answered. Did you ever consider not having to have the last word?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ever thought of not bothering to answer what you consider a tired or old question? Easier that way,you guys get your panties in a bunch telling people to "Check the Search Funtion" when they really don't give a damn.Makes you feel kinda important and a bit smarter though,don't it???</div></div>

I think it's actually the frustration of knowing you just spent 15 minutes typing out a complete answer, perhaps including pics you took and hosted, less than 24hrs before and rather than have that information become absorbed into the collective body of knowledge on the internet it, functionally, went in one ear and out the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the patience exhibited by librarians is a gift - and also the result of a selection process. The ones who were not patient, or could not develop it, did not last long. Hopefully, those who could not make it were deselected without killing anyone...
laugh.gif

</div></div>
Laura Bush is a Librarian by Profession,found it in the "Search Function"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did you ever consider not having to have the last word?
</div></div>

Laura Bush is a Librarian by Profession,found it in the "Search Function"</div></div>

Is Lindy your straight man now, Costello?

Just an observation, but are there not different mil-dot scales being used by the US Army and USMC? Are these variations reflected in commercial offerings? Granted they still measure 1 MIL from center to center of a dot, but the size of the dot changes from .20 mil to .25 mil respectively...

Good point Powder,how do we know which optic offers which? I suppose we could check the "Search Function" Lindy,help us out here!!!!

Lindy has actually covered that multiple times... try the search function.

But the short answer is, any mil-dot you'll find is going to be 0.2 for the dots, many scopes don't even use dots anymore, and errors in the reticle are fairly minor relative to errors in tracking because of the way they compound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lindy has actually covered that multiple times... try the search function.

But the short answer is, any mil-dot you'll find is going to be 0.2 for the dots, many scopes don't even use dots anymore, and errors in the reticle are fairly minor relative to errors in tracking because of the way they compound.

</div></div>

Now YOU speak for Lindy? I give up

Lots of scopes still use dots,try the "Search Funtion",you might be surprised

Errors are errors no matter how the compound,I personally do not give a damn about Lindy's Librarian skills or the search function.Let's not try to drive off "Newbies" with this Pompous attitude.Because that is exactly what it is,a Nobody trying to be a somebody by lording his research skills over them.It is a joke.

He said <span style="font-style: italic">many</span> mil-based scope reticles do not use dots.

And that's true. So is it true that the scopes now primarily in use by the Army and Marines both use 0.2 mil dots.

So he answered the question.

You seem more to want to be disagreeable than to transmit information. You can probably find people to play that game with you on this site, or elsewhere, but I won't respond to any more of your posts.

Use the system that;
1. You understand and are comfortable with.
2. That gives you the accuracy you require.
3. Once you decide get it in your head, memorize and don't start switching back and forth, make it second nature.

i would think mil/mil. seems like everyone on here thinks its just easier and less math all around. im new to this stuff too though.

how do you get to the google advanced search when your just on here? like is there a link somewhere that im not seeing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you're too lazy to do a search on this site, here's a link you would have found without even searching if you'd just looked down the page in the Optics forum.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1488010#Post1488010

If that's not enough, here's a metric shit ton more links:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a...amp;safe=active

</div></div>

This post was my problem.Not all of us are lazy but lack some skills in the "Cyber World"

This pompous self righteous shit is what I don't like.Hell,I have been trying to find out about Lehigh bullets and people actually shoot them for over a month.Still come up dry from anyone except the manufacturer.

I am a 50yo stonemason that had never even touched a computer until a year and a half ago.Not all of us are "Stupid" or "Lazy" if anyone spends the time you said you have,and I believe you have.How about trying to help instead of accusing people of things you know nothing about?

My take is that it is easy to "Name Call" and make accusations when you are half a continent away,seems that you even have followers.Choose your words a little more carefully and people might be a bit more receptive.I'm sure you have a lot to offer,but it falls on deaf ears with an attitude like yours

This pompous self righteous shit is what I don't like.Hell,I have been trying to find out about Lehigh bullets and people actually shoot them for over a month.Still come up dry from anyone except the manufacturer.
</div></div>

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/291285-how-lehigh-bullets-performaned-tioga-pa.html

http://tinyurl.com/y8zcbq6

Hope this helps. Didn't know there still were actual stonemasons in this day in age. That's kinda cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do you get to the google advanced search when your just on here? like is there a link somewhere that im not seeing? </div></div>
Please look at Ratbert’s sig in the above post and the site below. He is SH's poster child for promoting easy DIY, safe, honest and gratifying searching on this site.

I must say, since I have been here (and other sites) I constantly search. You learn more that way instead of getting any old fish of the day given to you.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

After running both types I find the moa/moa is just easier to do the math in my
head with. Height in inches x 95.5= distance in yards divided by moa is great at the
range but in the field I use Height in inches x 100 - 5% divided by moa. I wasn't
ever in the service and didn't use mil/mil for anything but recreation. But it always
took a calculator for me.