• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MOA vs Mil

New guy here. This argument reminds me of my trapshooting forum. People always asking if they should use 7 1/2 or 8 shot. Lol

index.php

So fucking true............or which chokes......

How do you plan to use it? A lot of F-class guys still use MOA, so either will work fine for that. But PRS is like 99% mils, so if you want to be able to easily share wind calls with your friends, mil is the only practical choice. If it's just for goofing around in the back 40, either will work fine for you.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Really, as long as you know your scope's units and clicks match and know how to quickly convert to the other units, it doesn't matter too much. A quick Multiply or Divide of 3.4377 will convert between MIL and MOA.

Saying you want an MOA Scope because you know standard units... well... an MOA at 100 Yards is not an Inch, its 1.047" So don't let THAT be your deciding factor. Both MIL and MOA have Yard formulas.

Last edited:
Sorry. If there was a delete button (I am not seeing one where old posts state there is one), I would remove my post. I suppose there was no need for my 2¢ on a thread that has been inactive for a month.

first thing on the site big as shit

PLEASE go with MOA because I seem to be the only one around here anymore who shoots a MOA scope

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
great timing for this post just got some fresh hot coffee and a few fresh still warm cookies to go with yea

PLEASE go with MOA because I seem to be the only one around here anymore who shoots a MOA scope

I have two MOA scopes - but I just bought a replacement for one of them during a Black Friday sale. Yes, it's mil :)

I'll be selling the one I'm replacing on Ebay.