• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My .308 rifle needs 0 MOA elevation adjustments for 1760 since I zero all my rifles at 1760. Plus I have a scope with a 200mm objective lens which really helps.

Yo OP, what do you need to hit stuff that far away for?

Do I have to draw a picture or something....That second mil dot was covering both the ground and a small part of the box. I will redo the shot when I can so can everyone please hop off about a single shot.

Please do draw a picture. It is mathematically impossible for the second mil dot (you said a few mildots low) to be anywhere close to a 20" box at 1500 yards. Even if you are aiming at the top of the box. PERIOD!!!!

Do I have to draw a picture or something....That second mil dot was covering both the ground and a small part of the box. I will redo the shot when I can so can everyone please hop off about a single shot.

Curious,

Q1: What make and model scope was mounted on rig?
Q2: Is MILDOT First or Second Focal Plane?
Q3: What power where dialed in on scope when you took shot?

I myself use highest power when shooting long range. I used to use Second Focal Plane scopes but have since moved to First Focal Plane myself.

I'll be going for my first ONE MILE shot a few months from now, in October.

I'm going to draw a picture the best I can(Failed art so it will not be that good of a drawing) as I said before I don't know the magnification level(or the scope at that) but I do know that the mil dots got bigger as I zoomed in....I will draw from an app I just downloaded.

If the mil dots got bigger as you zoomed in its a front focal plane scope. It wouldn't matter in that case what magnification you shot it on. Still not possible. Maybe you were aiming at a barn by mistake and got lucky and hit the box................

I'm done nothing else to prove here

Have a good day :)

Yeah, you do.
Since your very first question in thread was as fucked up as a football bat.
The following is an example:
1 mil at 1500 yards is 54 inches.
2 mils at 1500 yards is 108 inches.
Now, if my math is correct, a typical mil dot is .25 mils, so the dot itself would sub-tend about 13.5 inches.

So, is your scope FFP or SFP?
If it is SFP, at what magnification did you view the target and what is the proper magnification setting for your scope to subtend correctly?
1700 yards is an awful far piece to be seeing your impact mark in the dirt.

If you aimed at the top, and the second mildot was at the bottom of a 20" box, then this shot was 278 yards MAX, END OF STORY. If this doesn't make sense to you, which I'm sure it doesn't, then research a bit on mildot range estimation.

It's actually pretty common for the inexperienced to terribly misjudge distance, but in this case I think the entire story is a made up fantasy to begin with.

One last tip I'll give you, is that if you wish to continue posting complete bullschitt, then atleast make the effort to ensure all of your details follow reality. Even then, you will likely be wasting your time because nobody here is ever going to take you seriously.

So you are saying a Bushnell laser range finder, read the range wrong by that much, that I do not believe if he only had it for a few weeks.

18...I can't draw for shit so I'm going to take the shot again, for those who think I'm bullshitting about the shot, to me, you all are just more people to prove wrong, for those who actually believe, if few to none, you will see results. Everyone have a nice day, hopefully this will be the end of the thread...

The chances of even SEEING a 20"x20" box at 1700+ yards with 200 dollar scope is so astronomical, you could use the equation, computed by Bambleweeny 57 Sub-Meson Brain as a means of powering the improbability drive.
Which leads us back to the question of life, the universe and everything.
The answer is of course, the aforementioned 42.

By the way, don't let us busting your chops take away from your enjoyment of the shooting sports.
Keep plugging away.

The chances of even SEEING a 20"x20" box at 1700+ yards with 200 dollar scope is so astronomical, you could use the equation, computed by Bambleweeny 57 Sub-Meson Brain as a means of powering the improbability drive.
Which leads us back to the question of life, the universe and everything.
The answer is of course, the aforementioned 42.
I saw it quite clearly? He said cheap, I guessed $200 [emoji17] And besides, that guess wouldn't be a good one because who would put a $200 scope on a $3000 gun??? Idk what cheap means in terms of firearms lol

Last edited:
Next Questions: How old are you?
What Bushy rangefinder you using?

Which rangefinder? I believe all Bushnells with exception of a couple earlier models will automatically dope scope for you if you mount it to the top of the scope. I have used duct tape before and it worked just fine. Just range the target while the rangefinder is attached, and your new zero will be whichever distance was ranged. You will have to line it up with the timing marks underneath the rangefinder to let the electromagnetic nickel-cadmium diodes interact with the murphy rod turrets in the scope (assuming you have murphy rod turrets which any scope made after the Prussian incursion will). Hope this helps.

Bushnell pro x7 slope golf laser range finder with jolt

I know I said I was done but damn you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper.

Not only did you hit a 20" card board box at 1500 yards that impacted that 20" box a few Milford low but you ranged that 20" box at 1500 yards with this range finder.......

I know I said I was done but damn you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper.

Not only did you hit a 20" card board box at 1500 yards that impacted that 20" box a few Milford low but you ranged that 20" box at 1500 yards with this range finder.......
Yes? The range finding was not that hard when I knew where the box was, finding it was the hard part lol. I also ranged a tree too that was at the same distance.

I'm going to take the shot again, hop off until then because this thread should not go on about "1 out of 3 shots on a target at a certain distance.".I'm just trying to enjoy shooting, yet people like some of the above, don't believe me on what I can and can't hit, can't we just say it was a lucky shot and move on...well it wont be a lucky shot next time.

This gets better and better.

We get him to make one post after another which only further prove he is full of crap, and yet he thinks this is still about a shot that was only ~280yds to begin with.

Utterly amazing.

Last edited:
This get's better and better.

We get him to make one post after another which only further prove he is full of crap, and yet he thinks this is still about a shot that was only ~280yds to begin with.

Utterly amazing.
Lets see, ar-15 from cheaper than dirt and a tactilite .338 lapua magnum upper....yep, that will be enough to get people like you to keep your mouths shut about what's possible.

Correct. This has nothing to do with putting one round on target at any given distance.
My first issue was with the impact being "a few mil dots low" on a 20" box at 1500 yards. Now it's that he ranged that box at 1500 yards with Bushnell pro x7 slope golf laser range finder with jolt.

Now I'm really done. This is making my head hurt.

Yes? The range finding was not that hard when I knew where the box was, finding it was the hard part lol. I also ranged a tree too that was at the same distance.

You will not successfully range a tree at 1700 yards with that rangefinder.
yes, bushnell claims it to be able to range 1 mile, but that is against a flat, reflective surface, which a tree is not.
If bushnell is to be believed, that rangefinder can range the pin accurately at 550 yards. i would expect a tree could be measured out to about 700.

You will not successfully range a tree at 1700 yards with that rangefinder.
yes, bushnell claims it to be able to range 1 mile, but that is against a flat, reflective surface, which a tree is not.
If bushnell is to be believed, that rangefinder can range the pin accurately at 550 yards. i would expect a tree could be measured out to about 700.
Ok, whatever you say.

Lets see, ar-15 from cheaper than dirt and a tactilite .338 lapua magnum upper....yep, that will be enough to get people like you to keep your mouths shut about what's possible.

What are you talking about? I've shot further than you did that day with a .17 cal rimfire....

I'm sure some people even take .22LR out to 300 yards...

I'm sure some people even take .22LR out to 300 yards...

I do. But I have to walk the first 200. And I have trained my dog to take the bullet the last 1300, so it ends up at 300. No other way to do it, given the limitations of a 178 inch objective lens with a magnification of 69 degrees Celsius.

And Understated_in_Accuratestorytelling must be 18, given he was born in 1970.

He is either taking the piss, or we should perhaps lay off him.

I do. But I have to walk the first 200. And I have trained my dog to take the bullet the last 1300, so it ends up at 300. No other way to do it, given the limitations of a 178 inch objective lens with a magnification of 69 degrees Celsius.

And Understated_in_Accuratestorytelling must be 18, given he was born in 1970.

He is either taking the piss, or we should perhaps lay off him.
You all are going to lay off me when I make that shot [emoji19] again.

I don't see why everyone gets hung up on the smallest detail. You can pretty much poke a hole in everyone's stories on SH if you wanted. I don't get the claims that a $200 scope will not resolve a 20x20" target at 1700, that's complete horsepucky. 1700y isn't that far out to still be able to discern a 20x20" surface (that's pretty much a wider than average human torso), unless you are using it at 3x magnification ofcourse.

I have my questions about the experience and skill of the OP at LR as well, but no need to go rampant in this topic being more of a troll than you think OP is. Waste of bandwidth and range time.

I don't see why everyone gets hung up on the smallest detail. You can pretty much poke a hole in everyone's stories on SH if you wanted. I don't get the claims that a $200 scope will not resolve a 20x20" target at 1700, that's complete horsepucky. 1700y isn't that far out to still be able to discern a 20x20" surface (that's pretty much a wider than average human torso), unless you are using it at 3x magnification ofcourse.

I have my questions about the experience and skill of the OP at LR as well, but no need to go rampant in this topic being more of a troll than you think OP is. Waste of bandwidth and range time.

Hung up on the smallest detail? Poking holes in a story just for the sake of it is one thing, and I completely agree with you from that point of view, but he is claiming a 1500 yard shot on a 20" box that spanned 2 mildots. Even with all the rest of his nonsense set aside this is anything but a small detail and debunks the entire thread.

Last edited:
Hung up on the smallest detail? Poking holes in a story just for the sake of it is one thing, and I completely agree with you from that point of view, but he is claiming a 1500 yard shot on a 20" box that spanned 2 mildots. Even with all the rest of his nonsense set aside this is anything but a small detail and debunks the entire thread.
Yeah, I called him about that lol I used an mrad reticle scope on that target [emoji4] vortex pst scope..my mistake, I'm use to mil dot scopes lol I made the shot months ago, alittle after I started shooting. I used a mil dot scope at a 1000 yard target...

Last edited:
I will just shoot at a box that's the same size and at the same distance because at this moment...you all are forgetting to calculate that "I do not care what any of you think", so what I got confused on a reticle that may or may not have changed anything, I looked through that scope 1 time and you all expect me to remember that like it was yesterday but it was really months ago, give me a break atleast...hopefully getting an ar-15 soon then I will save up for the upper, forgetting the other stuff just prove all of you so called "know it alls"...wrong [emoji39]

Last edited: