• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Modacam Mod-x

Kahrhart63

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Pennsylvania
What is Jonathon releasing? Chris Simmons is shooting a prototype Modacam Mod-X in competition now! Jonathon said he had something big coming!! This will be great!!

I believe this is the one?

Not sure what is the benefit of converting vs getting the Vudoo instead? Feel like you lose the benefit of prefit which is a big selling point for Rimx maybe?

Reactions: Badjujuu
He was shooting the prototype RimX conversion to use hook type extraction. He put a lot of rounds on it quickly and put it to the test in AL this past weekend. It shot well for him and obviously passed the test so I’m happy. Several more of these are being done this week, one of which will be at NRL Nationals next month on a side stage to play with. I am gearing up for release after nationals.

Not sure what is the benefit of converting vs getting the Vudoo instead? Feel like you lose the benefit of prefit which is a big selling point for Rimx maybe?
The purpose as I've been asked is to more or less mimic the use of RimX mags in a Vudoo. I really like the RimX action and it made more sense for me to do this. People asked and I've created an option for it to happen and am very happy with the results. The video above is a compilation of videos I've posted from a customer that is in the beta test group of rifles being done this week.

Definitely, I owned both of them and I think each has their own advantage and disadvantage. Glad you can make the RimX even better, these improvements might attract more people to consider getting one. Any idea how much it will cost?

I have seen both the Vudoo and Rim-X magazines have issues in competition but the biggest issue is that neither mag can be found in stock.

I've never really played with a Rix X because of the extraction setup, and seeing people mid stage have problems.

Is this a modified Rim X bolt?

Interesting. My Rim-X definitely feeds more smoothly than my gen-1 Vudoo - right up until the Rim-X misfeeds from the extended magazine ($55 Rim-X 5-round extension on a $125 10-round Rim-X mag) and requires a pick of some sort to extract the live round the bolt didn't pick up correctly.

This is why I only run my Rim-X in one specific match (20 targets, five minute par time) - so I have time to claw the live round out of the chamber when the extended magazine is used. I'm pretty sure my Rim-X misfeeds arise from using the same spring in the extended magazine as in the standard 10-rounder... but I haven't come across anything suggesting there is a better spring alternative. And it bugs me to spend $125 for a 10-round magazine when I can buy three polymer Vudoo mags for that price.

Conversely, I haven't had a misfeed from my Vudoo, with either 10-round polymer or discontinued 15-round aluminum mags in a few years now.

I've enjoyed my year+ with my Rim-X (once @jelrod1 got it shooting right; that's another saga), but it will depart when a local buyer appears.

Is it safe to assume existing barrels can be used after extractor cuts are made?

My RimX is at Modacam being converted. It will be at NRL22 Nationals on the Manners Table as well as my MCR 40X. My rifle has been with @jelrod1 since last year waiting for the completion and proofing of concept. I was at the Cavern Cove math with Simmons this past weekend and the system is 100% flawless. It ran with OG Vudoo Metal Mags as well as a RimX Mag. Chris put almost 1K rounds of lapua through it in 2 days before the match on Sunday.

I can not wait to have mine in hand.

How much would this be to convert? I am definitely intrigued. I absolutely love my RimX but this may be a mod that is worth doing. I do get tired of switching out my extractor whenever I start to get weak ejection.