• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Model "1" Sales

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    I am considering a .300 BLK upper, 16" for the time being.
    I was looking at their site and they appear to have just about everything that I'm looking for and the price seems reasonable.

Anyone have experience with them (good or bad)?

Other suggestions in the 400 - 600 dollar range with experience is appreciated. (upper only)

I got a 6.5 sporter (Grendel) from them that functions flawlessly and is very accurate .There shipping time was quick since it was in stock . Arnie

No problems here, have ordered probably 8-9 kits from them, though the last order was several years ago.

They are hit and miss in the economy grade parts kits on the market suitable for occasional plinking. If you're looking for solid kits in the lower price points, I would steer you towards J&T Distributing. They have excellent LPK's, good quality control, and higher materials selection standards in the parts kits arena.

What you will typically see are canted FSB's to the point that almost all the rear travel needs to be used to zero for windage with your rear sight. LPK's are bottom barrel, soft metal, no proof or inspection codes, springs are low end, charge handles are not correct dimensions and feel like 6061, non taper pins are used to hold the canted FSB, barrels are lower-end CMV, non chromed bores, furniture is melt-off variety in high volume with something like acetal in the mixture, bolts aren't proofed to anything near the TDP, and corners are basically cut at every chance.

Not as bad as Olympic, but comparable to bottom-end DPMS.

Last edited:
    For the same price and better quality I would look into PSA (Palmetto State Armory). They've always been very high quality and great prices. Only issue is the wait time is about 2-3 weeks right now.

I have a 16" Model 1 upper in 300blk. It's accurate (sub-MOA), reliable, and good looking.

While no one is going to mistake it for a high dollar piece from one of the premium vendors, it does what I need it to do at a price that I didn't mind paying.

I've order several times from them and prompt! So far no problems with any of their products.

I built my own 300BLK upper, but a couple years ago I got a 204 upper from M1, very accurate and no problems.