• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Model 7’s, what scopes on yours?

Healy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
Picked up a model 7 in 308 with the 16.5” barrel. Thinking about running a low power sfp scope or maybe even a swfa fixed 6. What’s mounted on your model 7?

I somehow ended up with a Sig Tango 1-6 power. Threw it on the same rifle you got as a mess around gun because I have a butt ton of 308 to burn. One of my buddies at a training event made a first round hit with it at 800.

Reactions: Healy
Same here bought just to burn ammo.

Bushnell XRS gen1 6.5CM
04D44FC6-CCBA-4A8D-8986-06427BE2597D.jpeg

Not a model 7, but not TOO (conceptually) different... I have 4.5-18 LRHSi on an 18"-barreled Fieldcraft in 7mm-08.

Been looking at the crossfire how’s the scope for the price?

Garbage at any price. Or I've only looked through bad examples.

IMO, Nikon or Athlon are the go-to for cheap glass. I have a few Nikon's that were sub $200 with glass i can actually see through and they haven't been back to get fixed because the reticle fell apart. The more Vortex stuff I see, the more broken scopes I see. I've gotten rid of all mine and won't touch anything unless it's a razor.

Leupold VX 2 3-9 x 40. Chambered in .308, makes for a handy lightweight hunters

Attachments

• IMG_7720.JPG
    IMG_7720.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: 9mmrandy
I have a CDL in .243 win with a Burris 3-9 on it, it has the BDC reticle which surprisingly works well out to 300 yds.. This was my first rifle purchased over 10 years ago. Its a light contour barrel and usually shoots 1 moa on factory ammo. I started working up hand loads to see what i can get out of it as it sits.

Leica ERi 2.5-10x on a Model 7 in 260 Rem. Swapped the barrel for a heavier contour X-Caliber rifle. Great brush/timber stalking rifle.