• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Model 7 DBM

HighCotton

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Memphis, TN
Has anyone but DBM on a model 7 before? I think DBM for a SA 700 will work but dont have one on hand to try. I'm kinda nervous about spending $300 and it may or may not work. I know the 700 and 7's use the same scope mount so the top side foward of the bolt handle is the same but not sure about the bottom of the action.
Thanks
Randy

Re: Model 7 DBM

Negative. The M7 OAL of the action is shorter than a rem 700 SA. The action screw distance is not the same.

The M7 uses the same 2 piece bases as the SA R700; not the same one piece bases. The receiver top contour is the same, the length is not.

Think about it this way, if they were the same OAL, then why have two actions?

No workey workey....

Re: Model 7 DBM

Well crap. T thought the .5" difference was behind the bolt handle. I guess thats what I get for thinking again. I'll make some one a smokin deal on model 7 in 260... j/k