• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Model 7 stuff...

I know you guys do good work but I’m curious what’s the point? A better price point over a gussy’d up R700 action?

I really don’t know and I shoot R700’s so I’m not shitting on this. I just don’t know what I don’t know.

I always felt this was an inferior action to the 700 and people say the R700 is inferior to custom stuff.

Just curious. Look forward to your response.

Again, not trolling. Really curious the benefits of this besides not looking like a belt sander cut the ejection port.

I know you guys do good work but I’m curious what’s the point? A better price point over a gussy’d up R700 action?

I really don’t know and I shoot R700’s so I’m not shitting on this. I just don’t know what I don’t know.

I always felt this was an inferior action to the 700 and people say the R700 is inferior to custom stuff.

Just curious. Look forward to your response.

Again, not trolling. Really curious the benefits of this besides not looking like a belt sander cut the ejection port.

There is no performance gain here. The only intent is to improve the cosmetics of the action. A lot of people say Remmy stuff is inferior to "customs". I guess my candid response to that would be then why are 9 out of 10 action companies cloning the M700 design? Is it to tighten tolerances so that the bolt won't work if you coat it or look at it funny on a windy day with dust blowing around?

I'm being a bit sarcastic with that last part only because that is a topic that is often discussed.

C.

Reactions: DAVETOOLEY
There is no performance gain here. The only intent is to improve the cosmetics of the action. A lot of people say Remmy stuff is inferior to "customs". I guess my candid response to that would be then why are 9 out of 10 action companies cloning the M700 design? Is it to tighten tolerances so that the bolt won't work if you coat it or look at it funny on a windy day with dust blowing around?

I'm being a bit sarcastic with that last part only because that is a topic that is often discussed.

C.

I appreciate your feedback. I’ll stay tuned to see the builds that follow. 👍

A lot of people say Remmy stuff is inferior to "customs". I guess my candid response to that would be then why are 9 out of 10 action companies cloning the M700 design? Is it to tighten tolerances so that the bolt won't work if you coat it or look at it funny on a windy day with dust blowing around?

I shoot Remingtons as well. They are all trued, but parts are easy to find, and I have a drawer full of them. I have at least 2 complete bolt assemblies for each action that will headspace, fire and extract. It's nice to be able to go to a class and throw a bunch of extra parts into the tool kit for back up.

Also, since I reload a lot, I occasionally let a primer pocket slip by that is a little too loose and get gas leakage/cutting onto the bolt face...how pissed would someone be to have that happen to their $1,000+ action? What would it cost to get another bolt body from your favorite custom maker? How long would the wait be?

I just shoot it until it gets so bad it needs replacing, then pull one out of the drawer and shoot on.

Reactions: ken226 and LRI
Anxious to see these. I am using these for centergrip pistols. I recently got two of your left hand action shots for centergrip pistol builds.

Brad

What would it cost to get another bolt body from your favorite custom maker?

$125 for a new head from Zermatt 🤷🏼‍♂️

I've got two trued Remmys and both shoot really well. I've always thought that the advantage in having a Remmy worked on is spreading out the cost of the build and improvements.

You'll spend the same money on an action plus truing as a custom but you don't have to do it all at once. Plus, they're talking about bankruptcy again so they may soon be a piece of history to own.

$125 for a new head from Zermatt 🤷🏼‍♂️

I've got two trued Remmys and both shoot really well. I've always thought that the advantage in having a Remmy worked on is spreading out the cost of the build and improvements.

You'll spend the same money on an action plus truing as a custom but you don't have to do it all at once. Plus, they're talking about bankruptcy again so they may soon be a piece of history to own.

125 is just to change from 223 to 308 to mag to ppc. Doesnt include firing pin control, bolt body, bolt knob, etc.

125 is just to change from 223 to 308 to mag to ppc. Doesnt include firing pin control, bolt body, bolt knob, etc.

True. But Skookum's discussion waS of gas cutting of the bolt face 2/2 loose primers.

With a 700 you replace the whole bolt.
With a Bighorn/Zermatt replaceable bolt head, that should be all one needs to replace in this situation.

Reactions: LawnMM

Why replace what wasn't damaged by gas cutting?

tenor.gif

True. But Skookum's discussion waS of gas cutting of the bolt face 2/2 loose primers.

With a 700 you replace the whole bolt.
With a Bighorn/Zermatt replaceable bolt head, that should be all one needs to replace in this situation.

tenor.gif

I've always picked a Model 7 over a 700 for the small stuff. I don't care for the extractor and I care even less for the
Sako. I just bought a CZ to see if I can get better feed and extraction with good accuracy.

Love these videos........love to see one on a hiders personal rifle, perhaps a 700 build.....

Love these videos........love to see one on a hiders personal rifle, perhaps a 700 build.....
As soon as I can source a barrel, I have a CRF model 70 to send him so he can true the action and turn it into another 280 AI. I would LOVE the see the video of those processes to the extent Chad is willing to show them.

As soon as I can source a barrel, I have a CRF model 70 to send him so he can true the action and turn it into another 280 AI. I would LOVE the see the video of those processes to the extent Chad is willing to show them.

Get in line :(

Make sure you social distance 6 feet back from me and wear a mask.

Stand bye... I'm running a batch of 70's right now. We'll do a quick FB live vid and I'll start a post.

Reactions: BadAccountant