• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MODERATOR - Sig lines

Blackbeard7

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Germany
Is there a moderator here that monitors signature lines? I see sig lines have a picture of your military badges, awards, and decorations (including mine). That means that you are claiming those military badges, awards, and decorations. If you are claiming something that does not belong to you on a website forum, does that fall under the stolen valor act? I honestly don't know. I see some random ass badges and ribbon racks that can't possibly be true. You can't have a CIB but no overseas or campaign ribbon. You can't have 1 combat stripe and a CIB with a star. You can't have scuba, halo, ranger, sniper, and be a PFC (possible but not very probable). Just kind of pisses me off to see some (and I stress SOME) people claiming these things that they didn't earn. Off the soap box now.

Re: MODERATOR - Sig lines

The mods unfortunately have enough to deal with as it is. I understand the frustration, but this is probably the last thing on their radar. Generally, the populace here is good about sniffing out imposters and confronting them. There will always be dick-nibblers about.

Josh

Speaking of patchs 'n such, does the Army authorize sniper tabs? I wasn't aware they did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of patchs 'n such, does the Army authorize sniper tabs? I wasn't aware they did. </div></div>

Maybe you should look into that. They are not authorized for wear as a special skills tabs. They are however, authorized under certain conditions. Have fun finding that MILPER.

Here is an idea. Why don't you just use the notify button on the said offender(s). That way it is taken care of, mods have more to deal with the military verification, and it will be handled better than this.
I nominate Blackbeard7.
All in favor say aye!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of patchs 'n such, does the Army authorize sniper tabs? I wasn't aware they did. </div></div>
New Army of one reg's, make up the rules as you proceed on.
Then again,...Na,... well,... we'll save that for another time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an idea. Why don't you just use the notify button on the said offender(s). That way it is taken care of, mods have more to deal with the military verification, and it will be handled better than this.
I nominate Blackbeard7.
All in favor say aye! </div></div>

Not a problem, except that my job takes up 50% of my time, and my preggo wife and two sons take up the other 50%.
smile.gif
Honestly, I was just bitching. My only real question was, is it illegal? "military verification" may not seem like much to most, but if you've ever put blown up friends on a Blackhawk, or had the shit smoked out of you for an Air Assault Badge, then you might take a lot of pride in something so simple. I understand the subtle humor, but it really does piss me off.

For me someone to steal something that others have worked for is a sad thing we face. Should the mods do something? Well thats where stupid laws come from. People shouldn't have to have a mod tell them not to lie but people do. We shouldn't have mall ninja dreamers on this site but we do. So if anyone steals a badge that does not belong they should feel ashamed for how stupid they are, not because a mod told them.

Maybe we should just outlaw military sigs all together.

Although I see where you're coming from, there is nothing that could be done other than erasing it from their sig line. If you want to call someone out all you're going to do is create a shitstorm. As was said earlier, if you're a fake it will be uncovered quickly but we don't have time to actively pursue every medal and award in someone's sig.

For example, as a Navy guy I could argue that your phrase "the only easy day was yesterday" is unanimously associated with the SEALs. You're an Army guy, should I tell you to remove it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not authorized for wear as a special skills tabs. They are however, authorized under certain conditions</div></div>

I don't care if you spout an un-authorized tab or not, it just seems funny to come into the forum bitching about un-authorized crap while you are flashing one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not authorized for wear as a special skills tabs. They are however, authorized under certain conditions</div></div>

I don't care if you spout an un-authorized tab or not, it just seems funny to come into the forum bitching about un-authorized crap while you are flashing one.

</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For example, as a Navy guy I could argue that your phrase "the only easy day was yesterday" is unanimously associated with the SEALs. You're an Army guy, should I tell you to remove it? </div></div>

You could if you wanted. That is a section motto, that I fully admit that I took from the SEALs because it appeals to what we do. It's a lot different from claiming medals, and I have no problem admitting that I first heard it from the SEALs. Hey, they killed Bin Laden
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not authorized for wear as a special skills tabs. They are however, authorized under certain conditions</div></div>

</div></div>

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Sniper Tab earned: out of regs

Medals not earned: Stolen valor; possibly illegal

That's like saying that not blousing my pants is the same as wearing a medal of honor that I didn't earn. Come on.

Letter or intent, no one follows both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BIG DIFFERENCE:

Sniper Tab earned: out of regs</div></div>

No there is no difference, both are wrong. Different degree is the only differnce. Like robbing a big bank or a little bank and the little bank robber condeming the big bank robber.

Where do you draw the line, I went though a lot of schools (including sniper), in my 25 years, should I wear a tab for each school.

I would have never noticed or said anything, but its like the spelling police misspelling in their rants about bad spelling.

Reminds me of something about rocks and glass houses.

I'm not a military man, but I see why this would chap your ass. I don't think it's SH's responsibility to police this. I find it sad that a person has to pretend to be someone thay are not to make themselves feel better. I'm not talking about anyone specifically, as I really have almost no idea what most of the symbols mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not a problem, except that my job takes up 50% of my time, and my preggo wife and two sons take up the other 50%.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Amazingly enough, the mods have lives too.
They're not paid and they have lives outside of these forums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazingly enough, the mods have lives too.
They're not paid and they have lives outside of these forums.</div></div>

Can you imagine the time Frank would have to put in to do a background check on all of us? How many thousands of us are there?

With apologies to Robert Heinlein, in a military that gives-out special insignia for having been in combat what is the value of arguing about each other's trinkets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With apologies to Robert Heinlein, in a military that gives-out special insignia for having been in combat, what is the value of arguing about each other's trinkets? </div></div>

Think you're missing the point here. Those who have stolen valor in their sigline piss off those who have earned valor in theirs. The argument is not, "Who got what?", it is "I earned mine in blood. You made yours up."
I'm not active, retired, or ever was, but stolen valor turns my crank. It's wrong, and it's a lie.

1911fan

Well, the 1st Cavalry Division, when it was deployed to Viet Nam, was designated as the "1st Cavalry Division "Airmobile", but the "airmobile" tab, unlike the "airborne" tab was never authorized.

One question, Blackbeard, and I ask out of curiosity, not condemnation, why do you list both the infantryman's badge and the combat infantryman's badge? It would seem to me that the CIB supercedes the infantryman's badge making it redundant.

One would not wear both on one's uniform, would one?

Just as an observation, I earned my Army Aviator's Wings.
I spent 2 tours in Viet Nam flying with the 1st Cav.
But there is nothing special to denote my wings from those of any other army aviator who has never served in combat. Does it concern me? No. I know what we did, and I know what others did.

What grinds my shorts is when I hear some wannabee butthole spouting out so much Bravo Sierra that is so obviously crap to try to impress others. I guess all of my comrades feel that way, I don't know.

But if you haven't done it, don't claim it, because one of these days, and it will probably be at the most inopportune time of your life, someone will call you out and you will fail . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those who have stolen valor in their sigline piss off those who have earned valor in theirs. The argument is not, "Who got what?", it is "I earned mine in blood. You made yours up."
I'm not active, retired, or ever was, but stolen valor turns my crank. It's wrong, and it's a lie.</div></div>I don't disagree that it is wrong, and a lie. But there are many veterans of many conflicts in many countries all over the globe who are not fortunate enough to have joined a rich and prosperous military that gives them 'authorization' to wear colorful badges, and that doesn't diminish their sacrifice. I am simply acknowledging that we have created a complicated system of insignia that we now feel a compulsive need to police. I fear that by concentrating on ribbons and awards we are getting ourselves, and our military, off track.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a moderator here that monitors signature lines? I see sig lines have a picture of your military badges, awards, and decorations (including mine). That means that you are claiming those military badges, awards, and decorations. If you are claiming something that does not belong to you on a website forum, does that fall under the stolen valor act? I honestly don't know. I see some random ass badges and ribbon racks that can't possibly be true. You can't have a CIB but no overseas or campaign ribbon. You can't have 1 combat stripe and a CIB with a star. You can't have scuba, halo, ranger, sniper, and be a PFC (possible but not very probable). Just kind of pisses me off to see some (and I stress SOME) people claiming these things that they didn't earn. Off the soap box now. </div></div>

Is ^^THIS^^ what you're worried about? Dude, it's the internet, you can be anything you want.

Who really gives a shit? At the end of the day, these scumbags have to look at themselves in the mirror and come to terms that they're just that, scumbags.

You earned your tabs, medals, ribbons, stickers, now shut your trap and wear em with pride.

Oh and by the way, thanks for serving.

I suppose a more valid question would be: why one feels the need to display awards/medals/tabs/badges at all on the internet?

I know there are SF, SEALS, MARSOC, PJ's etc here, but I rarely to never see those sig lines.

I've seen a lot of PV1-SSG sigs. I've seen a few officer sigs.

In solidarity, I'll display the only thing I know for sure I've earned, though, because another bought it before me, I shall likely never claim it:

lake_of_fire.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
</div></div>

Amazingly enough, the mods have lives too.
They're not paid and they have lives outside of these forums.</div></div>

It's true, we are allowed to call the family after 11pm and attend church on Sundays, but that's it.

We can only police so much without it going overboard, then you have the fact that what someone may know about Marine medals might not apply to Army, etc. No one can be an expert on them all.

My suggestion, turn off signatures, you don't have to worry about unneeded frustration over stupid stuff and best of all it makes the pages load faster for you.

The above two posts sum it up man. Just turn off the signatures and you'll be happy. Also, why do you feel so insecure that you have to show to and try to impress everyone with what you...along with millions of others...have done?
You know that guy at the bar who talks non stop about his job, life, kids, car, vacation? Whether you asked him or not?
Everytime I see those those sig lines, that's what I think of. That guy.
No one here cares man.
It's not a poke at you or anyone else who has them. I don't know you or them. Hell, we could get along great and become best friends for all I know. I just find those type of sigs annoying. So what do I do? Ignore them.

But I forgot that you had said you're question was if it was legal or not. Think about it from the legal standpoint...it doesn't actually have their name on it. They aren't saying it's their's. Maybe it's a friend's, or they just don't know what it means but think it looks cool. You can't prove they are actually claiming anything. I might be wrong, but I think it's a catch 22 anyways...yes there's the stolen valor act, but I heard that they are still protected under free speech. May or may not be true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't have a CIB but no overseas or campaign ribbon. You can't have 1 combat stripe and a CIB with a star. </div></div>

No campaign or overseas ribbon issued for Granada or Panama. So yes you can have a CIB w/o campaign or overseas ribbon (Army expeditionary ribbon would likely have been awarded)

Since overseas service stripes are accrued base on fulfilled three month periods, someone could absolutely have a CIB w/ star and only one stripe- say panama or Granada, and OIF 1 (not 1AD, but one of the units that didn't stay 18 months). Or maybe an injury cut the tour short, or maybe he was at hideitha w regiment before ets

Award nazis really have to think ahead of the possibilities before throwing the BS flag- you could come out looking like the turd... Not saying the OP is a turd, just that doing your due diligence before calling someone out will prevent the foot-in-mouth syndrome.

For more info, see AR600-8-22 and AR670-1

Oh, and I would be very curious to see what department of the army document authorizes a Sniper tab in any way- not so much to call you out (although I do have my doubts), but my desire to be informed and curiosity mostly drives this inquiry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a moderator here that monitors signature lines? I see sig lines have a picture of your military badges, awards, and decorations (including mine). That means that you are claiming those military badges, awards, and decorations. If you are claiming something that does not belong to you on a website forum, does that fall under the stolen valor act? I honestly don't know. I see some random ass badges and ribbon racks that can't possibly be true. You can't have a CIB but no overseas or campaign ribbon. You can't have 1 combat stripe and a CIB with a star. You can't have scuba, halo, ranger, sniper, and be a PFC (possible but not very probable). Just kind of pisses me off to see some (and I stress SOME) people claiming these things that they didn't earn. Off the soap box now. </div></div>
Mike, Jason I think we need to see proof of service here. Can we get a full background check and some coffee and donuts while I wait? Some times the best place to hide is right in the open.

PM VEER G and Sahnkster and give them your list of offending members. They can stir up a shitstorm of tropospheric proportions in relation to said offenders. I guarantee that. There are a couple more names that don't readily come to mind in who the google-fu is very strong.

PS: If you decide to release the hounds (veer and shank) make sure you have no skeletons in your own closet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One question, Blackbeard, and I ask out of curiosity, not condemnation, why do you list both the infantryman's badge and the combat infantryman's badge? It would seem to me that the CIB supercedes the infantryman's badge making it redundant.

One would not wear both on one's uniform, would one?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personnel who have been awarded both the EIB and the CIB are not authorized to wear both awards simultaneously. In such cases, the CIB has precedence according to Army Regulation 670-1. However, while the CIB may have precedence, holders of both may choose to wear the EIB instead of the CIB.</div></div>

The "Sniper Tab" is well... Cute...

Still not as kool as my shit...

AirborneNinja.jpg

I was gonna suggest turning off sigs or AdBlocking them as well. I see sigs like that a lot and not just from this site, but many others and also many of those using these sigs aren't even old enough to serve to begin with! Makes me wonder just how many of the posers out there actually know what the sigs mean or if it's just they find it cool looking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. For more info, see AR600-8-22 and AR670-1</div></div>
Many a time, a bird/ride came in with one person, so Mister wonderful could get time in the A/O.
Then he would be gone faster than he arrived. Staying inside a bunker for 30 days is rather safe if you ask me. Years later paths would cross an, Mister wonderful would be having an issue holding up said coat. Johnny Cash had a song long ago called, "What Is Truth".

Me I don't know, but Ribbons an Brass ain't it, as in my day it was all about who you knew, how the AAR was wrote, an what the Medic typed up an added. Know many a guy that used a white towel an a lie piece to get out of inspections.
Chest junk is nothing more than a way to get folks to want to achieve a higher level, but Uncle like the civie world has Gamers in an out of uniform.

I believe that the no badges in the sig line answer might be the right answer. So here you go. I'll delete mine first. BTW, I think that most people that posted never read the original question.

DP425 posted: "Oh, and I would be very curious to see what department of the army document authorizes a Sniper tab in any way- not so much to call you out (although I do have my doubts), but my desire to be informed and curiosity mostly drives this inquiry."

Go to Sniper School at Benning and tell the instructors there that their sniper tabs are unauthorized. I'm positive that they will produce paperwork for you saying otherwise.

"No campaign or overseas ribbon issued for Granada or Panama. So yes you can have a CIB w/o campaign or overseas ribbon (Army expeditionary ribbon would likely have been awarded)"

Like I said at the end of the examples I gave... Possible not very probable. A lot of people here need to read the entire comment before they try to be an ass and correct someone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
One question, Blackbeard, and I ask out of curiosity, not condemnation, why do you list both the infantryman's badge and the combat infantryman's badge? It would seem to me that the CIB supercedes the infantryman's badge making it redundant.

</div></div>

One is the "Expert infantryman badge," while the other is "combat infantryman badge." They are both earned in separate ways. You are absolutely right, they cannot both be worn on the uniform. That's what everyone here fails to understand. I can display EIB, CIB, and a Sniper Tab wherever I feel like, EXCEPT the uniform. If someone that earned the B4 identifier wanted to put a sniper tab sticker in the back window of his truck, or on the sig line of a civilian shooting forum, then he's perfectly fine doing that. I've seen "sniper" and USMC "scout sniper" stickers on vehicles, or on civilian hats and tshirt. AR's don't cover this. That's exactly why I asked the question. "If it's not earned, does it fall under the Stolen Valor Act?" A simple yes or no would suffice. So you don't like that I display what I've earned. Who cares, it's my accomplishments, not yours.

And if you believe that "being out of regs" and stolen valor is the same thing, then you're high.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 26pt">Uh I was with the Green Beret special unit batallion commando airborne tactic specialist unit batallion. Yeah it was real hush hush. I was Agent Orange. That was my name, Agent Orange. Specialist Agent Orange, that was me.</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

One is the "Expert infantryman badge," while the other is "combat infantryman badge." They are both earned in separate ways. You are absolutely right, they cannot both be worn on the uniform. That's what everyone here fails to understand. I can display EIB, CIB, and a Sniper Tab wherever I feel like, EXCEPT the uniform. If someone that earned the B4 identifier wanted to put a sniper tab sticker in the back window of his truck, or on the sig line of a civilian shooting forum, then he's perfectly fine doing that. I've seen "sniper" and USMC "scout sniper" stickers on vehicles, or on civilian hats and tshirt. AR's don't cover this. That's exactly why I asked the question. "If it's not earned, does it fall under the Stolen Valor Act?" A simple yes or no would suffice. So you don't like that I display what I've earned. Who cares, it's my accomplishments, not yours.

And if you believe that "being out of regs" and stolen valor is the same thing, then you're high.</div></div>

Dude...everybody gets what you're saying and while some may agree with your logic, continuing to gripe about this for another 500 pages won't change anything. Let it die already. We get it.

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

We all have pet peeves, even the Mods, but they don't generally allow their personal preferences to influence their actions. Why should they have to enforce somebody else's peeves?

You don't like what you see here, tune out, Dude...

I love it when newbies come here and start telling us how we <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> oughta be running this place.

...And before somebody starts telling <span style="font-style: italic">me</span> how; I don't run <span style="font-style: italic">anything</span> around here. Never again. Good thing, too.

You <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> wouldn't like this place if I did; 'cause if there's one thing I don't like above all else, it's people running down The 'Hide.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all have pet peeves, even the Mods, but they don't generally allow their personal preferences to influence their actions. Why should they have to enforce somebody else's peeves?

You don't like what you see here, tune out, Dude...

I love it when newbies come here and start telling us how we <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> oughta be running this place.

...And before somebody starts telling <span style="font-style: italic">me</span> how; I don't run <span style="font-style: italic">anything</span> around here. Never again. Good thing, too.

You <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> wouldn't like this place if I did; 'cause if there's one thing I don't like above all else, it's people running down The 'Hide.

Greg </div></div>

I could've swore that I only asked a question. Sorry if you took that as a "newbie" telling the mods how to run the site.

I'll take killshots advice and let it die.

We need an inquiry: is Blackbeard, or is Blackbeard not, a real damned pirate?

And is 7 actually one greater than 6?

11kummb.jpg

I had responded, but it was uncharitable, and besides, Killshot gives good advice.

Greg

PS 'Binder, cool pic...!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS 'Binder, cool pic...! </div></div>

Seriously cool!
crazy.gif

On another note the website most used for mil sig lines isn't 100% accurate or up to date.

Speaking only for the Navy I see lots of sigs sporting crossed anchors of a boats with another rate listed. That's simply because they don't have each rate listed. Noticed a lack of available medals and ribbons as well and the correct attachment devices are not complete either.

So if sombody has a CIB but is missing a ribbon that should go along with it, maybe its because its not available on the site.

Just saying that perhaps there is a more reasonable explination other that overt fraud. On barf.com I would be inclined to be doubtful but this site generally maintains a bit higher level of integrity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackbeard7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that the no badges in the sig line answer might be the right answer. So here you go. I'll delete mine first. BTW, I think that most people that posted never read the original question.

DP425 posted: "Oh, and I would be very curious to see what department of the army document authorizes a Sniper tab in any way- not so much to call you out (although I do have my doubts), but my desire to be informed and curiosity mostly drives this inquiry."

Go to Sniper School at Benning and tell the instructors there that their sniper tabs are unauthorized. I'm positive that they will produce paperwork for you saying otherwise.

"No campaign or overseas ribbon issued for Granada or Panama. So yes you can have a CIB w/o campaign or overseas ribbon (Army expeditionary ribbon would likely have been awarded)"

Like I said at the end of the examples I gave... Possible not very probable. A lot of people here need to read the entire comment before they try to be an ass and correct someone. </div></div>

When I got my B4, no one wore any fagged out sniper tabs- something to be said about being a silent professional- and since you wanted to escilate this to some attitude being involved, I will say again, show me documentation it is authorized... Now I am calling you out. And "they have it at benning sniper school" is not documentation. That is evidence of nothing more than a school house blatantly ignoring regulations. Kind of like all of the LRS-U's that have their unit scrolls: the existence does not authorize it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personnel who have been awarded both the EIB and the CIB are not authorized to wear both awards simultaneously. In such cases, the CIB has precedence according to Army Regulation 670-1. However, while the CIB may have precedence, holders of both may choose to wear the EIB instead of the CIB.</div></div>

The "Sniper Tab" is well... Cute...

Still not as kool as my shit...

</div></div>

Not sure who you're quoting there, but they are wrong- AR 670-1, 29-17, b2 states:
"Combat badges have precedence over special skill badges within the same group. For example, if an individual is authorized to wear the Combat Infantry badge and the Expert Infantry badge, the Combat Infantry badge is worn."

That does not give any choice to the wearer- doesn't get much more clear than that- the combat badge will be worn.

Does that mean I can't wear my jump wings with my sr. jump wings??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does that mean I can't wear my jump wings with my sr. jump wings?? </div></div>

Don't know- but I think it would imply that one would have to wear their wings with combat jumps over bare wings. Not that I really care- It's the irony of the whole topic that entertains me.

Gunfighter14e2 did a pretty good job of saying it- cloth and metal don't mean shit. The only reason they are given is that men are stupid enough to do unnatural acts to be get them. The only thing that really matters is what you've done, not a materialistic representation of it.

Kraig, you old jackass, you're sight must be going!!!
If you look under the star you'll see your jump wings!!!