• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sjesatko

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2023
Bridgeville, Delaware
Hello everyone,

I am the Co-director of the Modern American Rimfire Series Tactical Bench Rest Series.
This is a new series that started in January of this year. Creation of the series is aimed at providing an event were shooters may have a less intimidating means of shooting a PRS style match and give older or less mobile shooters a means to enjoy rimfire precision shooting. This style match also provides a great way for young and newer shooters to enter the precision rimfire game. It allows for safer conditions with shooters not having to move to different positions on props. Newer shooters have a better chance to develop their D.O.P.E., and younger shooter don't have to try to move a rifle that may be to heavy for them to lift.

Matches normally consist of 8 to 10 stages with multiple targets at various distances out to 400 yards at some ranges. Typically targets will be the same as a precision rimfire match, but the course of fire will be shot from the bench.

These matches require little to no extra effort by match directors who currently host monthly Mars, Rimfire PRS, or Nrl22 matches. All that is required by the match director is to provide a portable bench and setup a separate match in practiscore. Most venues run the Tactical Bench Rest shooters in a separate squad.

Anyone interested in attending, hosting, or adding a Tactical Bench Rest match please feel free to email me at [email protected] for more information.

Have you considered reaching out to the NRL22 folks?

On one hand, your program could be their "adaptive" class or the place for new people to start. Alternately, you could ask to use their monthly CoF to reduce your headaches and their target set is pretty complete.

I continuously worry about the "balkanization" of our sport. We have NRL22, NRL22X, PRS Rimfire, outlaw matches, ELR matches, and "I think I want run a match" matches. Do we really need a new match, or just add a class(es) to existing matches?

Nrl22 doesn't have much of a presence on the east coast. Almost all of our matches out here are Modern American Rimfire Series or Rimfire PRS. Most matches have targets out to 200 yards and beyond. I do see your point though. This is more of a series for the bench rest or newer shooters looking to progress to a MARS/PRS/NRL22X. It is a way for these shooters to get started of compete and have their score track and compiled on their own leaderboard on the MARS website.

Www.modernamericanrimfireseries.com

It is also a way for match directors to increase attendance at their matches. Many shooters that don't want to shoot a MARS/NRL22/PRS match seem to be more open to the Tactical Bench Rest matches.

Reactions: T.J.