• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modern bolt action 7.5 Swiss?

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Are there any modern day rifles that fire this round? Is anyone familiar with this round? I've read it's pretty decent. It's very affordable as well. I just would like to find something newer than the k31 and mass rifles that shoots it.

Re: Modern bolt action 7.5 Swiss?

It's ballists are very close to a lower pressure .308 Win. I haven't heard of any modern rifles chambered in it- unlike the 6.5x55 Swede. There's really no reason to.

Jim

In a MODERN rifle, the 7.5x55mm Swiss can be loaded to slightly higher than .308Win and slightly below the 30-06. If kept to the original pressures, it approximates .308Win with lower pressures, due to greater case capacity.

Whether Winchester purposely copied the 7.5x55mm case for their .284Win or not, they are VERY similar in dimensions (so much so that .284Win brass can be easily reformed in workable 7.5x55 brass, with the rebated rim usually not causing any problems).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just would like to find something newer than the k31 and mass rifles that shoots it. </div></div>

French MAS caliber is actually 7.5x54.

Steyr made a very limited number of their Tactical Elite rifles in 7.5x55 Swede. Steyr also made some competition rifles, later imported and marketed in the US as "CISM rifles" in that caliber. Good luck finding either one, although a used one pops up every once in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just would like to find something newer than the k31 and mass rifles that shoots it. </div></div>

French MAS caliber is actually 7.5x54. </div></div>

O thanks. I actually didn't know that.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a number of manufacturers making rifles in that caliber, Swiss manufacturers, some from Germany too. Super nice and very expensive to bring to the US

http://www.keppeler-te.de/cms/pages/englisch/sport/long-range.php </div></div>

Link is broken.

Sauer makes rifles in 7,5.

But i Cant see the reason for someone not in switzerland to use it.
6,5x55 is a different story as its ballisticly superior, but 7,5 is just a tired 308....

Håkan