• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Modern Day Sniper Precision Rifle Courses

CaylenW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2017
Cowiche, WA
moderndaysniper.com
Announcement.... Kalinski Consulting is now "Modern Day Sniper" New name, new look, same quality.

"Putting mindfulness behind the rifle."

Learning where your personal capabilities with a rifle lie with minimal support equipment is the key to streamlining your process and squeezing out the last little bit of potential that’s been frustratingly elusive. Hold yourself to a higher standard and train yourself to be proficient with the basics, your progress as a shooter will skyrocket to new heights. Gear isn’t the answer, but fundamentals are.

Starting this year, we're back to offering open-enrollment courses and we're filling the calendar with new locations all over the US. We've got all kinds of new stuff coming as well, most notably;

• 6x New Open-Enrollment Precision Rifle Courses and Seminars with more on the way.
  • New Backcountry Hunter Course locations! These are going to be pretty epic guys, make sure you're watching us for details....
  • New Mentorship Program, focusing on the one-on-one training style.
Have a look at what's new, follow us on the socials, and get signed up for the newsletter!

Attachments

• MDS New Brand Announcement (3).png
    MDS New Brand Announcement (3).png
    485.1 KB · Views: 296
Announcement.... Kalinski Consulting is now "Modern Day Sniper" New name, new look, same quality.

"Putting mindfulness behind the rifle."

Learning where your personal capabilities with a rifle lie with minimal support equipment is the key to streamlining your process and squeezing out the last little bit of potential that’s been frustratingly elusive. Hold yourself to a higher standard and train yourself to be proficient with the basics, your progress as a shooter will skyrocket to new heights. Gear isn’t the answer, but fundamentals are.

Starting this year, we're back to offering open-enrollment courses and we're filling the calendar with new locations all over the US. We've got all kinds of new stuff coming as well, most notably;

• 6x New Open-Enrollment Precision Rifle Courses and Seminars with more on the way.
  • New Backcountry Hunter Course locations! These are going to be pretty epic guys, make sure you're watching us for details....
  • New Mentorship Program, focusing on the one-on-one training style.
Have a look at what's new, follow us on the socials, and get signed up for the newsletter!

The 201 and Wind Reading courses sound good. If it was just closer to FL. Maybe time for a road trip next year.

Reactions: CaylenW
The 201 and Wind Reading courses sound good. If it was just closer to FL. Maybe time for a road trip next year.
Expect to have some east coast classes coming up. As a matter of fact, I'm working with a FL host now for an LE course. I'd like to tag on an open-enrollment course to that trip. I'll post up here when I have more info. Make sure you follow us on the socials if you don't already, or get signed up for emails on the website.

Nice to see courses closer to home for me. These look pretty tempting. Any info on the Yakima range itself & lodging rec's for the course?

Nice to see courses closer to home for me. These look pretty tempting. Any info on the Yakima range itself & lodging rec's for the course?
The range that I use in Yakima is on the west end of the valley on the foothills of the Cascades. We have 360 acres to shoot on, with about 130 pieces of steel set from 175 yards out to 1400. It's private access only, managed solely by myself.

I'm continuously working towards developing the property to take advantage of its capabilities, and it's got a lot of potential for further development.

Lodging on the west end of Yakima is somewhat limited with a Comfort Suites being the closest commercial offering. However, there are lots of Air BnB's in the area because of the wine and micro-brewing industries taking off, and there's a few cool places to stay in the Naches Heights area, which is 15-20 minutes away from the range. If you're looking to do some searching, find a place to stay that's close to Cowiche or Tieton and you'll be in a great spot.

The range that I use in Yakima is on the west end of the valley on the foothills of the Cascades. We have 360 acres to shoot on, with about 130 pieces of steel set from 175 yards out to 1400. It's private access only, managed solely by myself.

I'm continuously working towards developing the property to take advantage of its capabilities, and it's got a lot of potential for further development.

Lodging on the west end of Yakima is somewhat limited with a Comfort Suites being the closest commercial offering. However, there are lots of Air BnB's in the area because of the wine and micro-brewing industries taking off, and there's a few cool places to stay in the Naches Heights area, which is 15-20 minutes away from the range. If you're looking to do some searching, find a place to stay that's close to Cowiche or Tieton and you'll be in a great spot.

And..........there's all kinds of lodging in Yakima proper and it isn't far away......Besides, the country towards Cowiche and Tieton is pretty damned skookum. (y)(y)(y)

Some east coast classes would be awesome. Any chance for a 3 day precision rifle course?

Reactions: deersniper
Yo guys, I know this is super short notice, but I've got a PR101 course happening in Yakima starting on Monday with some slots open. the weather looks to be clear and a bit chilly, but no big deal. Come out and take advantage of a smaller class size!

Attachments

• Flyer- Precision Rifle 101- Nov 2019 I Yakima.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 116
Expect to have some east coast classes coming up. As a matter of fact, I'm working with a FL host now for an LE course. I'd like to tag on an open-enrollment course to that trip. I'll post up here when I have more info. Make sure you follow us on the socials if you don't already, or get signed up for emails on the website.

Where about here in FL are you looking? I'm up in Jacksonville.

Nothing in Jax with any distance. Bradford Sports Farm has 850 yards that is open to the public.
True for Jax itself. There is Bradford(850), Palatka (1K), St Augustine (750+), and Daytona (1.2K & 2.2K), all in varying degrees of availability . All would be better locations for me than a drive out to CORE or down to the glades.

Your VA classes going to be at Pigg River Precision or VPRC?

True for Jax itself. There is Bradford(850), Palatka (1K), St Augustine (750+), and Daytona (1.2K & 2.2K), all in varying degrees of availability . All would be better locations for me than a drive out to CORE or down to the glades.
true about the those places you listed. I hear Palatka is $$ and St Aug is by appointment but there is always Arena in Ga https://www.arenatrainingfacility.com

true about the those places you listed. I hear Palatka is $$ and St Aug is by appointment but there is always Arena in Ga https://www.arenatrainingfacility.com

Right, there are places here in N FL within a two hour drive that would be nice to see a course held at, rather than something I'd have a 4-6 hour drive and have to stay over two nights and take a vacation day for.

Still working the calendar on the east coast stuff guys. Virginia is gonna happen, just a matter of time.

Florida boys; I used to go to Florida every year with Magpul, at Volusia County. That place has since turned into a big ass pain attempting to coordinate with the landowner so it's out. If anyone in FL wants to host us, ping me at [email protected]

I'll have updates as soon as I can. Thanks for the interest guys, I'm super pumped to be bringing open enrollment courses back!

Still working the calendar on the east coast stuff guys. Virginia is gonna happen, just a matter of time.

Florida boys; I used to go to Florida every year with Magpul, at Volusia County. That place has since turned into a big ass pain attempting to coordinate with the landowner so it's out. If anyone in FL wants to host us, ping me at [email protected]

I'll have updates as soon as I can. Thanks for the interest guys, I'm super pumped to be bringing open enrollment courses back!
I contacted the guys at Ascot in Palatka and they had no interest. (n)

Did you know that Volusia has a new owner? Contact me if you want me to pass along their info. I'm not a member there.

Did you know that Volusia has a new owner? Contact me if you want me to pass along their info. I'm not a member there.
Do they now own the adjoining long distance range? or is that still a separate land owner that uses it for hunting? Can't recall what Dave said the arrangement was.

Do they now own the adjoining long distance range? or is that still a separate land owner that uses it for hunting? Can't recall what Dave said the arrangement was.

That I can't answer. I was told before by a Volusia member that sometimes they have access to it when someone did a pay to play there for ELR.

Reactions: lash
It’s still a bit up on the air at Volusia. To my knowledge, they did not buy the adjoining land that we currently try diligently to run LR matches. From what I have been told, the new owner purchased a bunch of adjoining land to the East and that will become a long range rifle range out to 1200+. I have been so busy with my day job that I’ve not yet contacted the new club manager to see exactly what’s going on, but for now, we are still running the LR side for those that want to shoot.

thanks for the tag @Mike_in_FL.(y)

See my post above. Those of us trying to provide a decent LR experience here in CF are going to keep making it happen. Bear with us during the transition.

Reactions: VanJoe
It’s still a bit up on the air at Volusia. To my knowledge, they did not buy the adjoining land that we currently try diligently to run LR matches. From what I have been told, the new owner purchased a bunch of adjoining land to the East and that will become a long range rifle range out to 1200+. I have been so busy with my day job that I’ve not yet contacted the new club manager to see exactly what’s going on, but for now, we are still running the LR side for those that want to shoot.

thanks for the tag @Mike_in_FL.(y)
I enjoyed shooting at Volusia. If there’s a viable option and the range fees aren’t ridiculously high for use of that property I’m all for coming back and getting on an annual visit there.

Reactions: LH_Gina and lash
@CaylenW you should maybe contact the owner of JTAC ranch as well. It's scheduled to open in February of next year. There is supposed to be a range out to 2,000 yards there. I know they're planning on offering many different classes as well.

LOL, the website says it's in Nichols, FL which is apparently a wide spot between Valrico and Mulberry and south of Plant City. It actually looks like it's going to be a great facility and I'm not sure I have enough patience to wait for them to take my membership $.

jtacranch.com

Yo guys! First wanna say thank you for all the interest! I couldn't be more happy to be back offering open enrollment packages and the interest shows!

Courses are filling fast now, so if you're interested in coming make sure you get yourself registered ASAP! Don't fret; we're only showing dates through May at the moment as we've got some prior commitments through the summer and early fall. We've got a bad ass media project in the works that's going to take some time.

Also, we've finally settled on some dates for our Backcountry Hunter Courses this year! This is just for you guys here on the forum so you get a sneak peek at those dates.

June 10-14 and June 24-28, here in Yakima, WA.

There's no registration links on the site yet guys, so don't go and try to get in, just mark your calendars!

Attached is a PDF with the current courses available.
MDS- Training Calendar.jpg

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I enjoyed shooting at Volusia. If there’s a viable option and the range fees aren’t ridiculously high for use of that property I’m all for coming back and getting on an annual visit there.
I would absolutely attend something in the southeast.

Has anyone attended the wind course here? I would like more training on that. Any advice would be good. Also has anyone trained with K&M in TN. Would like your feed back

definitely interested in the hunters 5 day course. please notify when it is available for registration but the late june dates are on the calendar :)

I have been out west for courses and enjoyed it immensely in Montana.
I'm trying to find one in the southeast this time.
Has anyone ever contacted Tradecraft range in immokalee florida?

They have a range that goes out to 1.5 miles.

Reactions: deersniper
Would love some Jan or feb dates. Work too much from mar-nov
I'd love to hold training classes here during those months too, but the weather is too unpredictable to do so.

I've tried to run December and January classes in the past and gotten seiously hosed with weather. We can get some powerful inversions here in eastern WA that will keep things locked down for weeks. I'm not willing to play roulette with our customer's time and money, especially considering that for desination based-training a guy spends way more in travel, lodging and food than the course cost.