• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modify glock 43x mos for holoson 407k

mi223

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
West Michigan
I haven't been able to find much info on this. I am wondering if anyone if has removed the rear lugs and shortened the front on their rmsc cut pistol.

I could use a plate but this video makes it look like the way to go.https://youtu.be/sCgDURCP2qk

When I dry fit the optic it feels like it slides all over. Just curious if that goes away when everything has been milled? According to that video it does, but I am just looking for some feedback if anyone has done this

C&H precision also offer this service so I assume it works well.

It does tighten up once you get the studs the correct length into the bottom of the Holosun. Done it on probably half a dozen guns.

Not sure I get what you are doing, I have a 43X with Holsun it dropped right in

Attachments

• 283A5886-B3E8-4F1D-9188-3E0CF26DAD29.jpeg
    283A5886-B3E8-4F1D-9188-3E0CF26DAD29.jpeg
    931.8 KB · Views: 399
Not sure I get what you are doing, I have a 43X with Holsun it dropped right in
You used a filler plate under the optic?

I am asking about modifying the mos cut to eliminate the need for a plate under the optic. I am not sure it would be worth it or not. Just seeing what others have done

When I put a 507k on my 43x mos I used a smaller flat file and completely filed down the rear lugs flat to the slide and then just filed down the front far enough until the optic sat flush. I took my time and held the slide in a vice so everything was tight. I checked the front lug fit by putting a very small dab of grease on the lug recesses of the optic and checking interference when placing it on the slide. Kinda the same concept of plasti gage.

Back end of your optic is sticking up because there's no countersink for the rear locating studs in the Holosun.
The forward studs are also slightly taller than the countersink in the optic, so you end up sitting proud in front either way, without modification.

And the effect is ?

Looks great - sounds like you’re being a bit anal, in fact it points great drops the dot right on the top of the front sight,

Obsessed is a word

@lowlight if it works it works. The only concern I would have running it that way long term would be that if the only points of contact are the studs and the screws I would wonder if it could cause issues overtime since it’s not screwed down flat to the milled surface. But I mean it’s working for you so it might not matter.

20220323_192045.jpg

Just get the C&H plate, it's still buried pretty deep in the slide but for me at least it's all sealed up and no need to worry about water getting at the bottom of the optic.

I can't remember if the bottom of these are weather sealed or not despite the battery compartment being on the side 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Jigstick
Fuck CHPWS. I have a empire plate sitting on my desk I don’t need if you want it. It’s made out of metal instead of plastic and not made by douchebags.

Last edited:
When I put a 507k on my 43x mos I used a smaller flat file and completely filed down the rear lugs flat to the slide and then just filed down the front far enough until the optic sat flush. I took my time and held the slide in a vice so everything was tight. I checked the front lug fit by putting a very small dab of grease on the lug recesses of the optic and checking interference when placing it on the slide. Kinda the same concept of plasti gage.
Did the optic locate tightly on the front posts when you was done?

Did the optic locate tightly on the front posts when you was done?
The front posts are slightly smaller than the relief on the under side of the optic so you could feel some wiggle there but at least the bottom of the optic sat square and tight to the cut on the slide.

Reactions: mi223
I haven't been able to find much info on this. I am wondering if anyone if has removed the rear lugs and shortened the front on their rmsc cut pistol.

I could use a plate but this video makes it look like the way to go.https://youtu.be/sCgDURCP2qk

When I dry fit the optic it feels like it slides all over. Just curious if that goes away when everything has been milled? According to that video it does, but I am just looking for some feedback if anyone has done this

C&H precision also offer this service so I assume it works well.
if it bothers you massively, sell the 407 and put the funds towards an SCS. Probably a better option than filing away material...

no plates, direct fit, co witness with stock sights if that's something you want...