• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moisture in Leupold Scope

Solid7

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
I have a Mark 5HD that I've just noticed has some moisture in it. It's not much. I can still see through the tube. But it's not nearly as nice a picture as it should be.

Anybody have this problem before? If so, did you have any problem getting Leupold to take care of it?

Kinda wanted to be shooting this weekend, but that's clearly not happening.

For the record - I know of a few reasons why this could happen. I just wonder if there's something specific to this particular scope. Never EVER had a Leupold problem before.

No doubt. But I'm afraid that right now it's going to take a lifetime to get it back. :sneaky:

If this were a SFP, I'd just send it off for a reticle upgrade, kill two birds with one stone. But, alas...

Send it to them, they'll likely replace it.

Leupold CS has always been zero hassle, with quick turnarounds for me, and quite a few other's I know.

Send it to them, they'll likely replace it.

Leupold CS has always been zero hassle, with quick turnarounds for me, and quite a few other's I know.
Thanks for that feedback. That's encouraging.

I was told to send it in. But the flip side, is that they're currently running 4-6 weeks from time received. Uuuf.

• Sad
Reactions: Baron23
I was told to send it in. But the flip side, is that they're currently running 4-6 weeks from time received. Uuuf.
I think that's their standard reply.
I sent in a Vx3 for moisture as well, and had a new piece in my hand in about a week once they recived it.

Fwiw, the scope in question was over 30yrs old.

Reactions: Another Casual
Well, I'll update the thread when it happens. It's only fair. If they turn it around, they deserve the credit. And if they don't, same.

Reactions: Baron23
I think that's their standard reply.
I sent in a Vx3 for moisture as well, and had a new piece in my hand in about a week once they recived it.

Fwiw, the scope in question was over 30yrs old.
Well, they weren't lying about their time frame. Minimum of 5 weeks. I got their reply about a week after the delivery notification said it got there. And I still haven't gotten it back yet. So they're easily going to go 5 weeks on the turnaround.

The turn around time stinks, but they'll make right for you. I used the warranty once on a used scope I bought for a 22. Scope must have been 30+ years old and I was probably the 5th owner and they fixed it.

Devil's advocate, 4-6 weeks is probably on the short end for manufacturers right now with how backed up everything is.

Yeah, no doubt. I just wanted to give an update on the thread, so that people can set reasonable expectations. That is to say, I'd hate for anyone to grow a false sense of optimism, that they're gonna buck the stated time frame, and get anything back (at this time) in a week. It's just not gonna happen. As long as it comes back better than when I sent it, it's gonna be a-ok.

Interestingly enough, I wrote to them a couple days ago, and asked if we were on track to meet that 5 week estimate. Without even so much as a reply, 2 days later, I get a shipment notification, and it's gonna be here Saturday. Will be interesting to see what comes back.

It might have just been a coincidence. But that's a weird one.

I had my Mk6 develop the same problem. I sent it in and they fixed it no prob and no charge.