• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moly question

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
Anyone have any experience with coating barrels with MolyKote in your rimfires? I have used it in centerfire bores and I was just wondering what the effects were in rimfires.

Re: Moly question

I moly coated a CZ one time, didn't really notice a difference.

Do you think it is because its sub-sonic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onechance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I moly coated a CZ one time, didn't really notice a difference. </div></div>

It may be more the lead that the bullets are made out of. While some are copper washed this isn't as thick as a jacketed bullet. So the moly doesn't really have an effect. I did subsonic .308 and the moly helped. I guess experiment. Wouldn't be that much for a couple boxes of .22s. Of course there are so many other varibles in .22s that it would be hard to say that the molly was responsible for any improvement, or not.

True, I guess you would only know if it helped or hurt if you could load your own rimfire's.

i tried the spray on moly on 22mag 30 gr vmax and fmj, just spraying the bullet, it didn't do much difference. i know i couldn't get the whole bullet as it is seated in, but still no noticable difference.